Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin candyfloss spiked with black licorice, black currant, and smoked maple.

Straight out of the bottle, this is all spicy pumpkin. Drying down, the licorice and currant and both subtly tone down the line between bright spice and fluffy candyfloss. It dries out with delicious maple candy's subtle sweetness, but fiery and dry. It's just as delightful as I hoped: a brilliantly sultry take on a foody scent.

sweet, slightly buttery and licorice. When really wet i get sort of licorice pumpkin gigerbread from it but after application it mellows out. There is also something slightly sharp in there which might be the currant (sorry, hard to say! but it is sort of a sharp fruity scent but very blended so it's a bit hard to pick out of the sweetness which dominates). It's a little on the buttery side during dry-down. It starts out foody but becomes a lot less so when dry for some reason :huh?: odd scent.

This is deliciously spicy pumpkin, backed by dark currant and a hint of licorice and slightly smoky maple. I get pumpkin when wet and mostly spice when dry. Really delicious, foodie without being too sweet. Perfect for going apple and pumpkin picking today!

Spicy pumpkin with maple sugar and licorice.

I am really enjoy the scent. It's too foodie for me to wear, but it would be a FANTASTIC ROOM SCENT. It would make your house smell delicious for Halloween.

Love it.

Spicy pumpkin and licorice on my skin while wet. As it dries, I begin to sniff the maple note as well. I'm an anise lover, so this one is a keeper. ;)

In vial: Fluffy maple pumpkin.

Wet: A thick ooze of currant maple syrup. Dark, not too sweet.

Dry: A puff of marshmallow sugar & tarry licorice.

Verdict: I am unsure how much I like the maple on my skin. I think this is something I'd much rather eat than wear.

Wet, very much like Pumpkin IV that I tried yesterday. I'm wondering if the lab uses the same 'pumpkin base'. After a bit, a teeny bit of anise comes out, and then the whole blend fades into a whisp of spice. There's a creamy fluffiness to this blend which I'm quite enjoying. I really like this blend, but it has a fast fade factor on me. Decant maybe, definite bottle no.

I love black licorice and black currant, but they are completely buried by the spicy pumpkin. Nothing about this one really smells black or dark to me, actually, more of a maple pumpkin floss. Maple syrup and pumpkin spice...

I love this, it's my favourite of all the Pumpkin Flosses so far. It starts off with lightly-spiced pumpkin candyfloss with a little maple. Then it becomes a smokey, spicy scent with some licorice and what smells to me like a good dose of clove too. I don't really get black currant, hopefully that will come out with aging. I think I need a bottle of this. :yum:

In the decant: A smoked pumpkin, like one that's been in the drying or smoke barn/house, not a jack'o'lantern with a burning candle.

Wet: That's nice! A smoked pumpkin cut up with maple syrup being drizzled all over.

The dry-down: Well, shoot! The licorice decided to work some bad magic, and now I have an unripe pumpkin covered in licorice. The cold sniff and the wet phase were lovely, so saving for the scent locket.

Imp: Spicy, sweet, pumpkin goodness with subtle smokiness.

Wet: Smoky spicy pumpkin with a hint of licorice.

Dry: It smelled AH-MA-ZING for most of the drydown with that smoky maple and the spices blending into a beautiful exotic mix that my husband said reminded him of Indian food :lol: Then the black licorice got uppity and took over and I started smelling like those nubs of strong, strong licorice my great-grandma used to have. Blergh. That said, I want a smoky maple SN because holy cow, that mix of sweet and smoky and caramelized unf. I love it. It made this blend and had the licorice not gone Godzilla, would have made it so incredible /le sigh

Chewy, sweet, dark, smoky licorice with black currant and spice. Yum.

Blue pumpkin floss was way too spicy for me, or at least the spice didn't have much to hold it in check. This seems more balanced.

Initially this is a strong, buttery pumpkin, but that gets fainter and the licorice takes over, though it's not too strong to smell maple syrup and blackcurrant.

Can you tell I like licorice?

I can't believe how much I love this perfume :x I purchased it from a lovely forumite after reading everyone's reviews, because it seemed as though even the things that disappointed others might end up being a good thing for me, no matter which note I ended up amping - but it's shot straight into my top ten. I don't think I've ever before had a perfume where I could follow each listed note as it rose, blossomed and faded, but that's what happens with the notes in this.

And they are all WONDERFUL, oh my god. Wet, it's like everything I wanted from a Carnaval Diabolique blend and never got (much as I love some of those in their own right) - smoky, thick candyfloss with something dark and twisted and probably very dangerous to either wallet, heart or life lurking underneath.

As it starts to dry it's a heavy, dry pumpkin with dark sugar syrup, and then suddenly that's taken over by the licorice - and it's very clearly licorice, not just the scent of anise, there's something black and sticky about it. Just when I'm starting to worry that it's going to become licorice SN, it opens up a little into a seriously sexy blackcurrant, and then after a while the smoked maple arrives and just hangs around for hours making me want to eat my wrists.

tl;dr it is EVERYTHING I WANTED and I want to wear it forever. I never post reviews because I'm usually too shy to but this is SO GOOD I couldn't help myself.

In the imp - Darkly sweet pumpkin, with a licorice aftersmell.

Wet - Fruitier than expected. I’m guessing that’s the currant. It isn’t a deathly, macabre sort of black -- it’s just a deep, rich sort of black. The maple is probably helping to provide the thickness of the blend.

Drydown - This evaporates fairly quickly, but I really enjoyed what was happening. A fresh take on the usual seasonal pumpkin scent. It’s sweet and dark and creamy.

Verdict - I wish I had more than just this tiny tester. I probably won’t seek it out, but if it comes my way I’ll happily slather!

Imp: Classic BPAL pumpkin foodie.

Initial Skin: Ballooned around the room into a pumpkin latte frenzy. Literally exactly like pumpkin latte

Skin drydown: F me this is better than pumpkin latte. It's got a dark thickness to it that pumpkin latte lacks. Smoky maple smells amaaazing. At first I got no licorice at all, but then it started to slowly and gently bloom. It is proper BLACK licorice. Rich and dark and appropriately Halloween.

Verdict; This is Pumpkin latte's brooding older brother, snacking on halloween candy.

I like this a lot. I'd consider this a TRUE unisex scent. It's got sweet from the candyfloss/licorice, but yet smoky-spice from the pumpkin & maple. Nommy. Wish I had tried it in 2012 so I could have grabbed a bottle.

Technically this is from a prototype, but I was assured it was the same as the official version, so here we go.

Boozy butterscotch/maple/rum in bottle, but dramatically shifts when it touches my skin to black licorice candy - like in Licorice Bats.  🤤  Yum yum…. Drat.  ...Pumpkin spice is creeping in.  I'm hoping it won't overpower the licorice.  So far they are sharing the stage amiably.  Mostly I'm aware of spice, but the licorice is definitely there if I bother to let my nose sort through the melange.  Hmmm..... no.  Overall impression is pumpkin spice.  😕  Surprisingly, the boozy note is no where to be found on my skin, except to add maybe a teensy smidge of sweetness in the drydown.

If you are a pumpkin spice lover, and ALSO like licorice, this would probably be pretty good, but for me, it's too spice heavy.  Glad I finally got to try it though.  It's been on my wishlist for a long time.  I shall pass it along to a more appreciative home. 

Edited by VetchVesper