Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jolarocknrolla

Oak Leaves and Kyphi Atmosphere Spray

Oak leaves falling through a haze of kyphi, champaca, and blackened pomegranate rind.

Sweet and warm and resinous-woody with a sweet sort if incense throught. I've never smelled Kyphi so I can't exactly pick it out, but the whole thing is quite exotic - dry and warm with woods, spices and thick sweet smoke. Totally intoxicating!

This is like taking a bowl of frankincense and benzoin, vanillic and sweet, smoky but not really charred or ashy, just a haze of gold.

Take this outside on a fall day, light it, then smell crisp, crunchy vegetation and leaves, and just add that on top of the incense. Sitting on a barcalounger on a porch.

Mmm.

Review: It’s strongly incense dominant, with sandalwood the strongest note in the incense. The richness of the pomegranate stands second, facing the incense. The champaca and oak are soft, but present, mostly dancing with the incense. The oak has staying power and will become a noticeable third as other things fade a bit.

This is amazing. Warm and woodsy and sweet. It reminds me of oak moon, and twisted oak tree and is just perfect. :wub2:

In the bottle: Yummy autumnal incense. :)

Sprayed on an unscented tissue: Much the same, although the leaves are a little more obvious. :) I sprang for a small partial from my decanter, and may have to order a whole bottle. This is seriously good stuff! :wub2: Also: owl label is rather serious.

ETA: I ordered a bottle from the Post. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

I ordered a bottle of this unsniffed, and I'm glad I did. It smells like I've been burning a very good quality incense, and then I threw open the windows on a warm Autumn afternoon and the smell of the forest is blowing in on the breeze, mingling with the sweetness of the smoke from the kyphi.

Not overbearing, but very present and very pretty. Love the label, too. :wub2:

This is so beautiful! I don't really feel like it's just an autumnal scent at all. In fact, it's much less leafy and more like a well-blended, sweet warm incense. I accidentally had it turned the wrong direction and sprayed it on my hair, and OMG I wish Puddin' would turn this one into a hair gloss too. The champaca really comes through, but this is not at all "headshoppy." I wouldn't hesitate to spray this one in my office, unlike some of the other sprays- it's soft enough, warm, sweetish, and so well-blended that I bet it would lead to a lot of compliments. (My office is HR, so I get a lot of employee traffic, and can't count how many tell me my office smells so good when they come in. It's always either due to my BPTP atmo sprays or my BPAL perfume wafting :D .)

Warm wood, faint incense, and a very strong champaca/grape note that smells like commercial perfume to me. :( So sad! I was hoping this one would be woodier, spicier and more 'temple'-y.

I think I remember being not too interested when this first came out but then I got a decant from someone and fell in love.

It reminds me almost exactly of the Mlle Lilith Fortune Teller perfume. Very similar incense and pom. Mlle Lilith is one of my favorites and having this spray is simply fantastic. I'm just sad that I only have one bottle.

No idea of what Kyphi smells like, so keep that in mind. I do get hints of the leaves, but more of a incensey smoke sweetness. Average staying power, and appropriate for all seasons as opposed to just fall.

To me, this smells almost like L'Autunno, meaning I get mostly fall leaves, and a whiff of incense.

Dark, broody, leaves.