Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aldercy

Lemurian Ghost

Lemurian Ghost, Clark Ashton Smith.
Green, white, and ochre musks with moonflower, white mint, and wild lettuce.

Lemurian Ghost is mostly dewy, pale lettuce (such an odd perfume note! but not bad) and floral musk. It's very innocuous and delicate. Slightly tropical and "beachy" in nature. I would have liked to get more of this mysterious "ochre" musk as well as the white mint (one of my favorite notes ever), but I don't think that's going to be the case. It's nice, and if you like light green, floral-fresh sort of scents, it may well be for you.

This reminds me of Cloister Graveyard in the Snow - not surprising as they share the white musk and the mint. It's a very gentle, light, green scent. There's a vague floral in the background and it's all very nice but it vanishes so quickly on me. If it stuck around a bit longer I'd happily get a bottle - and I'd love to see this as a shower gel from the Trading Post.

Hints of lettuce, watery pale green musk, and a hint of moonflower. This is one is an ethereal, pale, and watery musky blend. It's a bit citrusy on me, and very fresh.

For those gals out there that are a fan of aquatic cologne's (it sort of reminds me to Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue, more in vibe than anything else, really). It does evoke deep, watery blue Mediterranean waters.

Light, pale, ethereal.

This was lovely for about 2 minutes, but was sadly one of the shortest-lived scents I've tried. I got all the notes, it was a very nice balance of sweet and green - and then nothing. Fortunately I was just sniffing a friend's decant.

I didn't expect to like this one because of the lettuce which amped to high heaven on my skin in The Last Unicorn.

But this is a very pleasant scent. Not too green, softly minty with a bit of warm powder from the musks. Even though it's a light scent I can still smell it over all the other scents that I have slathered on my arm.

This would do well in the summer.

Light, powdery, and very green. I'm not sure where what I'm interpreting as powder is coming from - maybe it's the green or ochre musk? I'm not sure what those smell like. As it dries down, it smells like a less-soapy version of this T-Gel dandruff shampoo that my grandfather used to use. I've never smelled anything else that smelled like that, so this is interesting, but I definitely can't see myself wearing it.

Imp: A lovely, nocturnal floral over an array of sweet, clean musks. Smells like I'd attract bats! :D There's a faint hint of mint that's really nice, but it's definitely not a predominantly mint scent.

Wet: A sweet, almost melon-y floral with... whatever that flower that ends up smelling sort of grainy on me is. Lettuce and musk. It smells, and I mean this as a compliment, like a REALLY nice soap.

Dry: A creamy green floral with lots of gorgeous musk. Pretty, but not something I'd normally seek out.

Lemurian Ghost is pretty and subtle on me. I'm not sure I can pick out any musk, but I do get the soft, delicately powdery, slightly sweet moonflower mixed with a cool, gentle mint and watery, green lettuce. It's a gentle, clean type of scent on me, cool and slightly powdery. It only lasts about 2 hours on me and doesn't have much throw, but I might try to track down a full decant of this one.

This is very cologney on me from wet to dry. I'm blaming all the green and white musks, as they really do not work well with my skin chemistry. Not sure what ochre musk smells like, all I can say, is that this is sharp and perfumey, very white in a clean, crisp kind of way. Turns quite soapy after a bit, so it's perfumey soap, but not in a good way. I wish I got the mint and the lettuce, but not even a trace.

Imp: How lovely! I get a spiciness/bitterness from the lettuce along with light floral and just a smidge of mint. I agree with whomever described this as "beachy". It reminds me of grass-topped dunes just in view of the water.

Wet: Even more of an aquatic vibe once on, I still get the same slight bitterness with fresh floral. This isn't a perfumey floral, it's a fresh-cut flowers feel.

Dry: Fades VERY quickly and is a soft skin scent while present. I do quite like it, I think I may grab a decant or so.

This scent starts as a very light, luminous, whispy scent. Green, sweetish florals.

As it dries the lettuce and mint are discernable with the other notes creating an ethereal, other-worldly, soft, green scent.

It is a beatiful smell however it's not very me.

Lettuce, eh? Well, I get that. It definitely smells like white and green, minty, smooth. The moonflower in it is a very nice touch and blends really well with the other notes. I used to hate green and/or minty scents, but in the last couple of years I've started to like them more, and this is a good one. Not harsh herby green, soft dewy green. very nice.

I notice it's a few years old at this point. I guess it's been sitting in my BPAL box for a while. I think aging has probably improved the scent, because it was in the "I didn't really like this, try it again to make sure" part of my BPAL box. And now I definitely do like it.