Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Die Sundë, Vom Tod Verfolgt

Die Sundë, Vom Tod Verfolgt, Henry Fuseli.
Blood musk, hothouse orchid, fig leaf, frankincense, white amber, and tobacco honey.

Full bodied, sexy and just a touch of dirty with a hint of spice coming from something I can't pinpoint. Perhaps the variety of orchid chosen.

This is sort of an extreme version of a skin scent. A stripped down version of Pallas Athene (one of my recent favorites).

Another winner form the Pickman gallery for me!

I was worried that the fig leaf, might be fig-ish and that reminds me of a Purple Pied Man doll that I had in the 80s. This is not fig the note that I find ruins most fig blends for me. I was also afraid that honey or tobacco would take over and both of those have ruined other blends for me, apparently tobacco honey is just fine. :lol:

That being said, this is a beautiful, mature scent that doesn't readily fall into of the typical categories for me. It isn't strongly floral, or musky, or powdery like it might be from the notes. It weirdly reminds me of Zebra Heliconian even though they don't share any notes except frankincense, and Die is much less floral when wet.

Again, I'm going to get a bottle of this because it is such a nice blend. I think orchid may be a new love.

In vial: Musky, velvety orchid, dewed with drops of honey. Seems very classic, feminine.

Wet: A shadowed blot of inky blood musk seeps in, taking the feminine side and giving her a gritty edge.

Dry: The amber coats everything in a resinous haze, and the fig leaf brushes by with a spine-tingling touch.

Verdict: Perfectly evocative of the painting it represents: Creepily romantic and slightly terrifying. I feel like something is watching me when I have this on.

Yup, definitely a dirty skin scent, but the good kind of dirt, like smelling the remains of a wild night out on your skin the morning after. I primarily get dirty coconut, which might be the orchid and fig leaf blending together. Tobacco and honey aren't as prominent and I'd like, but at least the frankincense is behaving and not throttling the blend like it has in others. I can just imagine how awesome this will be with some age. Bottle for sure. wub2.gif

Like Caper this also reminds me of Zebra Heliconian but a more sexed up version of it. It also reminds me of Ninon with orchid instead of lavender.

The tobacco honey gives this a slightly wet feeling which goes well with the orchid and fig. Very sexy!

Okay, I don't know if it was the orchid or fig leaf that kept me from ordered a full decant instead of the half, but I'm kicking myself now. This is GORGEOUS. Have seen others say it's a dirty skin scent, and that's an accurate description. I get a...burnished gold feel from it, not bright or shiny, but the honey and resins are definitely there. It eventually dries down to "sexy dryer sheets" and is still so yummy. Definitely think this would be good on the husband, but I am greedy and keep the LEs that work on me for myself. :D

I actually like a good white blossom perfume but not this one. This is BIG fat ORCHID stomping ALL over everything else. Don't even sniff this if you can't stand flowers. Just sayin'.

This is a very perfumey scent on me, with the orchid amping up into a sharp, musky, perfumey sort of white floral that's grounded in the baby powdery amber. It gets sweeter and sweeter as it dries down and the honeyed qualities get stronger, but it's still too perfumey and powdery for me.

Imp: Holy cow I can't pick out individual notes because it's blended so well and just smells so GOOD.

Wet: It smells amazing. Incredible. Sexy, sweet, heady. I think I can pick out maybe the orchid and honey? It really is just wonderfully blended into cozy sexy love.

Dry. BOTTLE NOW :wub2:

Well, I can hardly squeeze anything out of this sniffie, but I think I'm getting mostly orchids and musk. Lovely, from what I can smell of it.

Predominantly orchids and musk on my skin. As it wears, the frankincense and fig leaf come out more to deepen and sweeten this a touch. It does wear close to the skin, and it's extremely seductive. I love it.

It's hard for me to pick out the individual notes in this. They all swirl together in a heady musky/floral-oriental sort of way. But I will say:

If you like Snake Charmer, you need to get a bottle of this. It is so similar to Snake Charmer on me, I can barely tell them apart.

ITI: Strong dragon's blood resin from the blood musk, followed by orchid and a little tobacco honey. It's a bit strongly floral at this point for me.

Wet: The tobacco honey becomes more dominant which I like. After that, I get the white fig, amber, and just a hint of orchid. It's much better on my skin.

Dry: Fig, amber, dragon's blood musk, and just a little floral. It's pretty, but not my preference right now.

Imp: Strong red musk and tobacco and amber. Very, very similar to Snake Charmer, Smut, or any of the other fabled Red Musk blends.

Wet: Sweaty, sultry musk, thick rich tobacco, honey, and florals. Whoever said a dead ringer for Snake Charmer was just about right.

Dry: Snake Charmer, right on the money! This might be a touch more orchidy and a bit less plummy than the fabled Snake Charmer, but they're so close it would be hard to tell the difference. If you missed SC, get some of this instead!

Sexy, musky, resiny orchid. The notes blend together beautifully, and I don't get frankincense, honey, nor fig individually - which is good. This is gorgeous, and I'm thrilled to have a bottle. :wub2:

I'm breaking out some of the deeper scents because it's finally September! Die Sundë, Vom Tod Verfolgt is definitely reminiscent of Snake Charmer on me, like an orchid-y, musky SC. There's something about the scent that's unsettling and strange, and perfect for the inspiration. The tobacco honey, frankincense, and white amber all take a backseat to the blood musk, orchid, and fig leaf on me—and the result is a heady, 'perfumey' skin scent that skews floral and musk, but has complex underpinnings. I've worn this a few times, and it does dry down to 'sexy dryer sheets' on me as well, like something clean run through something dirty. I don't mind. :twisted:

Die Sunde was going to be my Holy Grail, a couple of years ago when it came out. I wanted it bad. I was looking through my old forum posts recently and saw post after post of me trying to figure out how to fit it into my budget right after I'd already ordered, finally deciding I could afford it, and then nothing--I remember that I couldn't afford it after all and was terribly disappointed. So when a lovely forumite put a bottle up for sale, I just had to finally give it a shot.

The first thing I thought when I opened the bottle and took a good long huff was, "Smut with flowers."

Right at application on my skin, it's red musk plus something smoky that develops over the next couple of minutes into something woody. It smells like red sandalwood, though that's not listed. As it continues to dry down, the sandalwood-y smell dominates the musk for a little while, and then is itself eclipsed by the musk and by--I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I only identify a note because someone else mentioned it--but mymymai is right, I think it's dragon's blood. So maybe what makes "blood musk" is red musk plus dragon's blood?

It finally settles down to a mix of the red musk and something that reminds me not just of dragon's blood, but specifically of Blood Amber. I can maybe, maybe, smell a tiny bit of orchid, but I have to go looking for it. Silly skin, I could smell it in the bottle!

So Die Sunde is not at all like what I expected--but I really like it anyway. This, on me, is a sultry, heady mix that screams the color "red."

I've also heard some things about red musk and the monthly cycle, and as I'm PMSing, I wonder if that's affecting what I amp in this. I'll make a mental note to try it another time to see if I can get the orchid.

ETA: There's something in this much later that reminds me a lot of Event Horizon. Could this be an orchid note? It's the only thing they have in common as far as I can see. It also feels related to the dragon's blood, so maybe the DB I thought I smelled was orchid all along? IDK.

Edited by lady_pandora

OMG. Why the hell did I have this sitting in my BPAL "to test" box for this long. I should have bought a bottle of this. I am very, very dumb.

This is a gorgeous, lush, orchid musk. Like, super sexy and feminine at the same time.

And for what it's worth, smells nothing like Snake Charmer on me, like a couple of other reviewers mentioned, so maybe there were batch differences. The orchid in this is way too strong for it to smell like Snake Charmer.

Crap.

If I had a bottle of this I'd wear it all the time.

I picked up a half bottle of this as a ‘why not?’ with a recent purchase and wow... how I wish it were a full bottle 🤤 it seems that 7 years of aging has agreed with this 🤩

This one is absolutely glorious. At first it’s ‘very nice’ but after around half an hour it has become one with my skin in such a sensual, musky, mysterious way 💕 as zankoku_zen said ‘like a skin scent... on sex’

Im not a huge fan of florals so I didn’t know how the hothouse orchid would come out... let’s just say it already has a warmth to it that would otherwise come from certain pheromones 😉 

it’s freakin delicious and if I had more than half a bottle I may just have let this become my signature scent.... as for now it will have to be kept for special occasions 😏

Hot. Damn. 
I didn’t have this on my radar at all, and picked it up solely because the fig leaf and honey. Red musk works on me, three winning notes was enough to pique my curiosity to blind bottle this secondhand. I am so pumped on this. It’s sexy, dirty, I definitely see the parallel to SC and this orchid and incense musk is to die for. This is not a scent for the faint of heart, as it has some very strong players vying for the top note but it sure is a beautiful blend.