Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bust out the dzang dzi! This scent honors the zombies of Chinese lore. Mandarin orange, white musk, mango, and white sandalwood.

Bottle: Aggressive musky over ripe fruits.

Wet: A dizzy whirl of spicy orange

Dry: A drizzel of sandalwood shavings over juicy mango slices blended with orange zest.

Another throat hurter. It's too sharp and musky for me. This is an overly pleasant scent with a hint of something slightly sinister.

This scent seems to fade on contact with my skin. It smells like a pale sandalwood and tropical fruit loops! Hmmm, maybe that's just as well. :P

It's not bad or anything, it just smells a little too much like scratch'n sniff stickers.

In the bottle: Dry sandalwood, sharp white musk, sweet, ripe citrusy mandarin. The mango is weakest - it's there, and sweet and exotic, but not very distinct.

Wet: Much sweet and fruitier! Now it reminds me greatly of Fae, that sweet and citrusy fruit-white musk combo being strongest. The mango is very sweet and ripe, the mandarin is beautifully bright and also quite sweet, not at all sour, though it does lend a slight tartness. The sandalwood has faded to the lightest note, while that white musk has amped even further.

Dry: A spicy note has emerged in this, I do believe it's ginger, and it goes extremely well with the mango and mandarin and adds a sparkling freshness, as well as balancing the extreme dripping sweetness. Still very Fae-like, an exotic mango version! I am generally not a fan of 'dry' scents like sandalwood, and while it's still hanging around, it's light enough that it's actually not bothering me. MUSK! Yes, it's shouting, and I don't mind at all.

Later: All the tartness from the mandarin has vanished, and the remnant juicy mandarin itself is quite light at this point. The mango, which to me is almost peachy in its extreme sweet fruitiness, and the white musk, those two are blaring away. The gingered spice is close to the skin like the mandarin note, and blends a bit with the dry sandalwood, giving this scent a 'hot' feel.

Summary: Mandarin disappears, ginger amps (deliciously) and sandalwood returns more forcefully, making this an rather intriguing blend of sticky sweet mango,intense white musk and hot, spicy, dry wood. It's still very similar to Fae, but dry-spicy.; the former is enchanting, this more wickedly enthralling. Very sweet, powerful throw, and lasts forever (despite much washing).

Too sweet, dry strong, and Fae fills the juicy sweet fruit niche better for me.

Mandarin orange is one of the only citrus notes I can wear. This scent was incredibly light on me. I didn't actually intend to wear it today, but dropped the wand on my arm while sniffing the imp, so decided to smear it on. I shouldn't have worried, though because it faded FAST.

I really like the wet smell, bright orange with sweet mango and incensy sandalwood. But the fade is fast, and it became white musk with remembrances of fruit on me. Maybe it's a scent locket contender, because it doesn't smell like - and didn't turn into - tutti frutti gum or candy or anything like I was afraid it would.

In the imp: Orange, I like oranges! Mmm, mandarin.

Wet: Juicy, rich, bitter oranges. <Homer Simpson gargle> Now slathering.

Drydown: Disappearing.

Dry: The orange is close to gone, and it's a slightly orange-y mild incense scent. Phoomph. Also, I think it's making me sneeze. After one hour, gone, except for something dusty and annoying. Sad!

In imp: Sandlewood, something herby and wet. No mandarin oranges or mango unfortunately.

Wet: Sandlewood, sandlewood, and yes, more sandlewood.

Dry: Sandlewood, with a bit of lovely white musk to round it out. I can't smell the orange or mango at all :P

Overall: Great if you like sandlewood, but I couldn't detect any of the mandarin orange or mango. Looking at the scents, I thought this would be perfect for me, but it's a no go. I'll certainly keep my imp, but I'm definitely not getting a bottle. This zombie needs more oranges!!

Edited by circe_blue

My first impression was definitely the orange, and perhaps some mango.... juicy but kind of subdued, masked maybe? I can also smell something sort of leveling out the fruit. Nice smell... maybe not for me, but definitely a potential room scenter!

Mmmm, this is so yummy in the imp! A big bite of fresh juicy mandarin orange settled with white musk. Gorgeous! Not sure if it will hold up on my skin, but I adore how this oil smells on its own!

Very nice on the skin! Not as sharp as in the imp, but a nice muted fresh orange with whiffs of mango grounded by white musk. Yes, this is lovely!

I barely notice the sandalwood (which is good, because it tends to amp on me), but the only downside of this blend is that the white musk comes on a bit strong as it dries-more likely actually, my skin is eating the citrus, which it tends to do with just about any citrus blend. It's kinda just leaving me with the white musk. Grr!

I think this is going to be on my maybes list. I really liked it at first, but I'd have to endlessly slather it have it smell how I'd want it to.

Wet, I thought this was a little too fruity and candylike. After about 15 minutes, the musk comes out to play and it is not so jolly rancher-like. I like the combination of everything when dry, very well balanced to me with the orange and musk, (I don't really get any mango). I'll enjoy the imp probably in the summertime, but I don't think it's bottle worthy to me.

Imp: Sort of soft and candy like. Reminds me a bit of Tweedledee (or Tweedledum? Who knows!)

Wet: Definitely getting the fruit. The mandarin and mango sort of intertwine to create a... well, it smells like Crystal Lite. I like Crystal Lite on the occasion, but it's really not my bag. On the plus side, white musk sometimes smells like unscented deodorant on my skin and I can't even smell it here.

Dry: Pretty. Soft and citrusy. Very, very sweet. I can definitely smell the mandarin dominating the scent. It's very dewy and close to the skin. Definitely getting a candy/edible vibe.

Throw: Minimal. It's personal.

Overall: I'm not much of a citrus girl as it is. This will probably wind up dumped into a cotton ball and shoved into an air vent in my car. And it would make a great air freshener so that's a good use for it. Definitely an interesting way to inform my passengers about all the diverse varietals of zombies.

In bottle: bright orange, mango, white musk and pale sandalwood.

Wet on skin: tangy fruit (with the pith as well). Something spicy in the background - probably sandalwood. Something that reminds me of Whitechapel - a man could wear this.

Dry on skin: soft, sweet, fruity and gently spicy. Very nicely balanced between orange, mango, musk and white sandalwood. The lab's white musk scents tend to be chilly, but this one is warm, creamy and smooth - I guess that's the white sandalwood. I like it! It's quite faint, though.

In The Bottle

Just a faint sweetness, like plain light syrup

On Application

Light sandalwood and mandarin in light syrup

Dry Down

Very, very light. Smells like orange gummi bears. Actually, it smells like the packet after all of the orange gummi bears have been eaten! Lasts approximately 2 minutes and then it's gone.

Rating (0-5)

wet: orange and mango - these two together smell like grapefruit to me.

the musk and sandalwood are making a small appearance, but overall it's the citrus that's not agreeing with me. it's turning sharp & sour.

Imp: mostly mango and orange; very juicy and fruity...kind of like candy for kids

Wet: still very fruity; the musk and sandalwood is so faint, practically not there, which is kind of nice bc I don't like musk or sandalwood; however, something is needed to cut this juicy fruit scent...

Dry: I would layer it with Kuang Shi bc I think the flat mango orange notes of Kumiho would be brightened by the too zesty white tea and ginger in Kumiho

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

So sweet! The mandarin and mango are sweet and fruity while the musk gives it a little sparkle. Really nice! One of my favorite fruit scents I've tried so far :P

If this is what chinese zombies smell like, count me in! BRING ON THE APOCALYPSE! It's full of sunny days and fresh yumminess!

Bright, tingly and tangy.

Light, sparkly and zingy.

And SWEET!!! Candy sweet without the sugar-rush. These rotting grotbags don't even have rotting teeth.

For something that should taste of dead and gross, this is far too nice. It's mainly mandarin and musk on me and dries down to a creamy mandarin - I blame it on the mango. With a LOT of sniffing, I can get the mango but it's not a bully. The white sandalwood just grounds the other notes but it doesn't do much of a job as this lasts 20 minutes on my wrists, just over an hour at my elbows. It has the stickability of a deserter on the front line fighting the zees. Nevertheless, I shall be buying a bottle as this is just SO yum.

10/10. I'll go through a bottle in a month (blasted through my imp in a few days) but it's love.

Edited by Reaver

In the imp and wet, this stuff makes my mouth water - it's really really wonderful fruity mandarin orange on me, with a hint of the mango in the back. I want this stuff to be a sorbet.

It dries and disappears way too quickly, unfortunately - After half an hour I can smell a faint whiff of a slightly citrus-y sandalwood. I smell very little musk, but the lab's white musk note usually does a good job of grounding things on me rather than being a note that I notice on its own all that often.

Overall, 5/5 to start out with, but a 2/5 once it's dried. Its time passes far too quickly.

In the imp: Juicy oranges!

On my skin: Sugared oranges against white musk and sandalwood. Simple, soft and delicious

Dry: It had such a lovley start to it but unfortunatly my skin ate up all of the citrus and I'm now left with a very very faint whiff of sandalwood.

Overall: This was really pretty while it lasted.

Edited by Monster

In the imp: Musky fruit

Wet: Orange! Orange and Mango.

Drydown - the orange and mango slowly give way to some of the musk and sandalwood.

this continues till eventually the fruit smell is faint and the musk/sandalwood stands out. Not sure of how long it takes as I was crazy tired when I tested it but certainly not a long time and not a large throw on me. Probably a scent locket scent if I can ever get a scent locket!

Rating out of 10 -

7.5 (on skin, would be higher if stronger/longer lasting)

In bottle: orange peels and sanded wood, reminds me of sitting in my Grandpa's shop on summer days eating oranges - Yay!

On:

Wet- citrusy... but wait, I start to smell the powdery pee again... oh poo, this has white musk too! (I just tried phobos, which smelled "oh-so-yummy" in the imp, but turned to old-lady-with-talcum-powder-on)

Dry- citrus is all gone, I am left with floral pee powder... joy.

Summary - Obviously, in addition to drowning out all other scents, white musk really does not like me!

Edited by GuiltyPleasure

Wet = Yum...Kool Aid! This scent is taking me right back to childhood. I can literally see that Kool Aid pitcher dude busting through some wall when I smell this. It makes me think of slip and slides and Punky Brewster, which ain't bad, but not really what I look for in a perfume. Nice olfactory stroll down memory lane, though!

Dry = Okay, after a while this softens up and rounds itself out and becomes a really neon bright juicy soft and sweet perfume for grown ups, which is really quite nice.

Great bright fruity scent for summer days!

I'm not a huge fan of orange blends... They always wind up reminding me of carmex lip balm :lol: In the imp I can discern every note here. The super sweet fruit and the dry sandalwood (which is a lovely sandalwood!) and the slightest musk holding it together. On this smells like orange gummy candies. Interesting but not anything I'd remotely want to smell like!

Sniffing the imp, this is musky orange.

On my skin, it's mandarin, sandalwood, and musk. As it dries more, I think I can now smell a bit of mango.

I'm a sucker for orange blends, so this is definitely a keeper. :D

Wet on my skin, this is similar to the Orange Phoenix prototype, but a little less sweet. Dry it's mandarin with hint of musk.