Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Phantasmal patterns warp and weave through panes of leaded glass. Pale shafts of frail sunbeams push through, creating a sickly dance of violet, smoke-grey, blood-red, and blackened plum light on the oaken walls.

In the imp (decant): Violets.
Wet: More violets! And rose, but probably something closer to rose geranium than regular red roses. Something's giving a dusty feel to it without actually smelling dusty.
Dry: It's going a bit soapy. The expensive kind old ladies keep in the bathroom for special guests.

On me, expensive violet-scented soap. It's nice but a bit full on for me. The violets are a lot more prominent and less soapy on my mum and she's had her eye on it since I opened the parcel, so off it goes. (Edited because autocorrect is a smart arse)

In the bottle I smell baby powder

This scent is very dark violet. I smell a hint of rose but it is surprisingly not overpowering on me. It smells very soap and very strong. As it dries the scent of violet becomes stronger. 20 minutes later I am still smelling violets. If you like violet, this is for you. If you like old lady soap, this is for you.

The Wretched Rose Window imp

Wet/Bottle - Very dry and powdery, almost creepy which is what i assume they are going for. Dead flowers, left to wilt a cold dark room.

Wet/Skin (5 minutes) - Well, rose is doing exactly what rose does on my skin - turn to soap.

Dry/Skin (30 minutes) - Soap. Cheap, dollar store soap. All the redeeming loveliness of the dead, dry, powdery flowers and cold stone are gone.

DAMN YOU, ROSE!

Wow, I usually like the crystalline BPAL notes, but this is cold and glassy on me and borderline soapy which may be from the violet.

This is like looking out the window on a cold, rainy day, a rose-scented candle burning on a stand near you.

Edited by Cali

There's a bit of plum here, but it's being obscured by something. I think it's a musk blending with rose. It smells dry and almost dusty like it hasn't been cleaned in an eternity. Fitting for the theme, but it's not something that I'm really enjoying for myself. There's a note I just can't put my finger on that just isn't working for me.

In the vial: Faded rose and varnished wood. There's a wispy-ness trying to peak through. I think I smell something 'oily' in here. This is definitely an 'old' or 'antique' scent.

Wet on Skin: I'm barely getting any dark plum, the blend isn't sweet at all. Actually an airy and oily at the same time. I'm getting the barest hint of rose. The violet is so muted it's almost bitter. Incredibly gentle for a dark fragrance. There is something here that gives the scent a classic old Hollywood scent.

Dry 30+ mins: Holy oak Batman! There's a rich, silky oak note here. It's very similar to Fvck You, said the Raven. Nothing else really comes out. This stage is totally oak.

Worn 3+ hours: The rose has aged into a nearly resin, soft dark scent. The violets are the sweet note and I swear there has to be an airy opium here. The dark delicious plum only came out for a spell. I love the way this one morphs over the day. The scent locket keeps the florals light and airy. While on the skin it's a silky oak blend.