Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Mariposita

At night, just before we start our bedtime ritual, Lilith climbs onto my lap, and we snuggle while we watch a little tv. She leans her head back onto me and settles in, and all I know in that instant is the warmth of my love for her. Her hair smells like soap and lavender, her skin smells like honey and sunshine, and everything is touched by the scent of the strawberries she's always eating.

There are few moments in my life where I find myself completely at peace: this one of them. Very little can compare with the simple pleasure of holding my daughter.

My Lilith, you have turned my world upside-down in the strangest and most wonderful of ways. There are no words that can describe moments like this, and there are no words that can truly capture how much I love you. Happy birthday, baby.

In the bottle - Soft lavender and something sweet and milky in the background

Wet on me - Soft powdered lavender with a sugared vanilla sweetness

Dry on me - A soft sweet powdered floral

Overall - I really like this, it's not really me, but I think I could grow into it

Bought this from the lovely KawaiiKai! :D

In the Bottle: Mmm...strawberries with an undercurrent of lavender.

Wet: Sweet, ever so slightly soapy strawberries. A hint of lavender in the background.

Drydown: Sweet (from the honey), powdery strawberries. Still a little soapy, like a little girl's shower gel. I'm not smelling lavender anymore. This is such a cute perfume....definitely smells like a young girl :).

Verdict: I like this a lot, although it is very young smelling, so probably not an every day perfume for me. It's an 'I'm feeling happy and bubbly' kind of scent.

3.5-4/5

Expectations: I love the story behind this blend and it sounds beautiful. I'm hoping for a really fresh, sweet and clean scent, I just hope it doesn't turn all powdery or soapy on me!

In the Imp: Hmm. One of the first reviews I read of this scent before I hunted it down was that it smelled like a high end shampoo and after sniffing it, I agree. This smells like a really classy lavender and honey soap. I'm a little mixed about this, but I definitely want to give this a shot!

Wet on Skin: Hello Lavender soap! I mean this in a good way. This smells so clean. I feel like I've just soaked myself in a tub filled with lavender honey soap suds. I'm not getting the strawberry yet but this is a very pretty blend thus far. I like it!

Drydown: The lavender is dominating this scent, which suits me to a T since I adore lavender in most shapes and forms. There is something softer and sweeter which keeps the lavender from being too overpowering and sharp and I'm guessing that it must be the honey at work. I still don't get the strawberry, but honestly, it doesn't matter. This is the cleanest, freshest lavender blend I've encountered and I adore it.

Verdict: I am thrilled and kinda surprised by this blend. I wasn't that wow-ed by the early stages but oh boy, is this a scent that I will be reaching for so so very often. I'm glad that I took a plunge and adopted a bottle in addition to the imp I tested. I will be treasuring this!

wet: To me this is fancy children's shampoo, honey and a hint of earthiness...like mushrooms smudged with earth.

dry: Thankfully the earthiness goes away. I love this, I really do. It's totally outside of my normal scope of scent love

but it's addictive and it smells just like a warm clean baby nestled up on your chest. I smell Johnson's baby wash and

the sweetest honey with a breath of florals blown over the top.

later: It's smelling the same as when dry, except for I smell the waxiness of chapstick now? I don't know what that's about.

Still really like it though. It's so sweet and strong it's almost cloying though. I've decided I wouldn't wear this enough to warrant

a bottle purchase, but I'd be open to getting another decant.

Wet: Sweet fruits, almost like hard fruit candies

Dry: Dries into a mix between bubblegum and hard fruit candies: not as obviously bubblegum as jailbait.

Two hours in its still very strong, stronger than other BPAL I have tried. And cloyingly sweet. Artificial fruit flavoring for candies, sticky sweet and bubblegum like.
Three hours in Mariposita is still very much a candy scent and the bubblegum part has grown. Its not so intense as it was a few hours ago. Makes me think of pink, chewy candies.

After six hours the bubblegum fades and bright, artificial fruit flavour takes the lead, not too unlike Sixteen92s Snow cone.

Dominant notes: Artificial fruit flavouring, bubble gum.
Type: gourmand, bright sweet!

Makes me think of: Sticky, fruitflavoured candies.

Lasting: 7 hours, atleast!

Wet this is mostly the strawberry but dry down is exclusively the soap (reminds me of Johnson and Johnson baby soap), honey and a touch of sunshine. It is sort of nostalgic and as a mum who used this soap for her kids probably a keeper for memory sake.

On long dry down just a hint of strawberry comes out. Fades after a few hours altogether.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

Wet: Lavender, strawberries, and a little bit of soap. I will say the soap adds more of a "fresh" kind of scent rather than... soap suds.

Dry: Take a handful of strawberries. Wash them with lavender shampoo. After doing a crappy job of rinsing(aka leaving a liiiittle bit of shampoo on there), smell the strawberries. Bam. You've got Mariposita. 

(In short; slightly lavender-shampoo scented strawberries.)

While this isn't a perfume I reach for often, if the weather is warm and I know I'm going to be outside and/or around a ton of people (concerts, Disneyland, conventions, etc.), I will absolutely slather myself in this. Clean and sweet is perfect (for me) in those situations. ;)

Mariposita shares the same honey musk in Capax Infiniti mingling with some lavender, baby powder, and lots of strawberry. The honey musk, lavender, and baby powder start off strong, but the strawberry ends up gaining strength over time, and unfortunately, it is one of those strawberries that takes on a plastic-y quality on my skin.

I'm really glad I got to try this, even though it didn't work out on me. I think it could be really lovely on someone that can wear strawberry well, though.