Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Mariposita

At night, just before we start our bedtime ritual, Lilith climbs onto my lap, and we snuggle while we watch a little tv. She leans her head back onto me and settles in, and all I know in that instant is the warmth of my love for her. Her hair smells like soap and lavender, her skin smells like honey and sunshine, and everything is touched by the scent of the strawberries she's always eating.

There are few moments in my life where I find myself completely at peace: this one of them. Very little can compare with the simple pleasure of holding my daughter.

My Lilith, you have turned my world upside-down in the strangest and most wonderful of ways. There are no words that can describe moments like this, and there are no words that can truly capture how much I love you. Happy birthday, baby.

This smells like gorgeous high end shampoo, clean and sweet. It isn't something I'd wear often (I go for more dirty patchouli/musk scents, which would not make sense when doing a Lilith scent, obviously) but I can see others loving it.

I love this... such a sweet, innocent scent. I get sticky sweet strawberries, lavender (though not at all overwhelming), and a trace of honey. No soapy quality on my skin. Strawberries definitely the strongest note on my skin. I'm really trying not to buy backup bottles anymore, but this one is so pretty it's tempting... :wub2:

I absolutely love this one! It's such a pleasant surprise because strawberry scents often don't work on me (notable exceptions include Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll and Loli.Goth). The strawberry, honey, and lavender are simply a gorgeous combination here. I also agree with angelicruin that this is not a soapy scent at all. I even got a nice compliment on it at work from a customer, who wanted to know what it was and where I got it. It was very interesting trying to explain the concept of a forum only scent to a stranger! :lol: I'm very happy to have a bottle of this lovely scent! :wub2:

This scent almost defies reviewing. It really does smell like my daughter right after a bath- warm, clean skin and the faint scent of her lavender shampoo.

It's the strawberries that take the front, but they are strawberries like I haven't smelled in bpal before. This isn't the heady, sweet smell of fresh strawberries - this is the memory of strawberries. It's as if you had eaten a whole pint of lovely, ripe strawberries and then tried to wash all the juice from you hands. Hours later their scent still lingers, wafting up to you, making you smile.

I don't really smell honey, if it's there it is simply adding to the sweetness and not adding a scent of its own.

This is a nostalgic, close to the skin kind of scent. Reminiscent of that scent that lingers in your child's favorite blankets and clothes and makes you smile even when they aren't there. A scent that brings actual tears to my eyes because I know that it's going to get a lot of wear in years to come as my little girl grows. A scent to remember with when bedtime stories are a thing of the past and afternoons are no longer spent outside in the sunshine and the grass playing, "Look mommy, a flower."

Edited by SadariEvenstar

In bottle: Strawberry dominant (Full disclosure, my nose frequently breaks down strawberry accords funny, so my review may not apply to your experience). The lavender is a strong second and occasionally breaks off bits of strawberry. The honey is heady and rich. There is a feel of sunshine about it. Wet: The lavender and strawberry break down and mix into a lovely cotton candy for me. The lavender is clearly dominant when I can parse it out of the accidental accord. I love this. Dry: Berry infused cotton candy.

I had to get this after reading the description, since I have a little boy who loves strawberries and I can't get enough of that baby skin scent. :wub2:

In the bottle it's very pink STRAWBERRY, like candy. As it hits the skin, though, the lavender comes out and tempers the sweetness. I get the impression of high-end shampoo or bath products; it's very clean but without being soapy or cloying. As it dries the honey comes out a bit more and (to my nose) makes things a bit warmer, as if the super-cleanness is kind of settling, warming with body heat and mingling with a natural skin scent.

D'awww, I'm getting all verklempt thinking about the story behind this blend. I think I'll be reaching for this one often, especially as a comforting scent for day.

This smells like lipstick :think:

Very honey-sweetened strawberry candy with a delicious touch of lavender. I'm not one for fruit blends, so I'm a bit worried about how I'll like this one. Especially because of the honey; most honey+fruit perfumes turn rank on me. The lavender though is gorgeous. Not too strong or herbal. It's soft and pretty, and I do wish it were stronger!

Unfortunately, although if I really sniff into it, I can pick the notes apart, this mostly just smells like candy/lipgloss with a touch of lavender :cry:

This smells to me like Gladdener of all Hearts, strawberries, and maybe a bit of Beaver Moon 2011 (lavendar cheesecake). Strange but sweet and comforting.

Oddly straight off in wet phase it smelled like 100% lavender. Then it eases and a little bit of the lovely honey comes out. I don't really notice strawberry though. This is totally a surprise to me. It like a beautiful soft spring morning. I wish I had a bottle instead of a tester!

Thoughts before testing: The strawberry here scares me as it rarely turns out well on my skin, but everything else is a win!

Wet: Sweet strawberries and honey, but it's not artificial or candy-like. I smell like I just rolled around in a pile of strawberries.

Dry down: The strawberries are doing their thing and turning into Pez candies :( The lavender shows up about 20 minutes in and mixes with the honey in a really beautiful way that kind of reminds me of Beaver Moon 2011.

Dry: And it's all Pez candies, all the time.

Final thoughts: I should really learn to stay away from strawberry scents!

Verdict: Off to a better home!

When I first put this on it was a burst of strawberries, very girly and pink. (Which I like, though I wondered if it would seem unprofessional for work.) However, upon drydown, as I was driving to the train station, I swear it smelled awfully familiar to me -- like Gladdener of All Hearts... a lavender-soapy-clean, slightly powdery, slightly sweet baby skin scent. I keep sniffing for more of the strawberries, but it would seem that they're all gone, and I'm left with the clean-honeyed-lavender-powder scent.

I think I may skin test this opposite Gladdener to see if there's a difference when I wear them side by side!

It's very pretty and a great innocent pale pink/lavender scent, much as the description would let you think!

Soft lavender and strawberry leaf gives way to STRAWBERRY CANDY AND HONEY.

GETTING SMEARED ALL OF YOUR FACE. AND NOSE.

AND I CAN'T BREATHE. IT ALL SMELLS SWEET.

(so yeah, if you're looking for sugary blends, give this a whirl. Lavender, why did you leave me all alone? Why?)

No, oh no, help!

Oh jeebz, the honey... the HONEY.

Honey now with mutant huge strawberries, but like... all HONEY.

RUARUAUGUHGR

Edited by Lycanthrope

This smelled remarkably like The Gladdener of All Hearts plus strawberries on me. It has the same sort of milky, powdery scent to it. There is a sharpness to the lavender here that I don't typically get. I think I'm going to have to age this one a bit before it's all the way wearable for me.

I can smell all the elements in this scent it is so true to it's description. It does smell like a child who has just hopped out of the bath. This is lovely and quite summery, it brings back memories of my own childhood. I think that this would be a good scent for someone younger, I am in my late 20's and I feel like it smells too young for me to wear - it reminds me a bit too much of my own childhood and I also work with children.

Edited by becca_s

You know, I want to love this so bad. Really bad. In the vial its sweet lavender strawberry honey with cakey notes.

When applied its a toxic amount of baby aspirin hidden in vanilla strawberry cake.

I will not give up on this one. Retry in 1 month. one week tonight.

Mariposita confirms that BPAL's honey note does not play nice on me *sigh*

I was hoping for a creamy strawberry and lavender dominant scent, but all I get is a sweet, plasticky honey mess. Shame :(

This is a pretty true scent, and stays the same from wet to dry. I'm getting slightly soapy strawberries and lavender up close. The throw around me is more of a waxy strawberry, pretty close to a Bonne Bell strawberry chapstick. This does smell like a young female child would, but really it's not for me.

This smells faintly of strawberries coupled with a gentle lavender. I didn't expect to like this nearly as much as I do. It is lovely and evocative.

This mostly smells like baby shampoo and honey to me. Not so much in the way of strawberries. It's not a bad scent at all, and I love the idea behind it... not really something I'd wear as perfume though. But kudos to Beth for being able to create a scent that smells like her little girl!

When I first put this on, I asked my husband if he liked it and he said, "It's okay. Smells like cheap strawberry candy or a cheap strawberry candle oil." Which impressed me, because he can never pick out the notes in anything and I actually didn't think that it smelled like strawberry at first, lol. It starts off smelling like sharp, medicinal lavender to me and then dries down to a sour fruit + something that reminds me of red licorice. After a half hour, I can smell what my husband was smelling in this one... I really wish that this were a more realistic strawberry note, but it has that plastic-y, burning strawberry smell that I get from a lot of cheap strawberry oils that are supposed to be used for soap and candle making. It's more sour than sweet on my skin, though it has an undertone of weird sweetness, and it does have a very cheap, plastic-y oil smell on me, unfortunately :(. Cheap, soured strawberry oil...

ITI: I get strawberry cream and light smelling soap. The combination is sweet but enjoyable.

Wet: Strawberry cream, soft and sweetly delicious, a touch of lavender, and light soap. It does remind me of a spring picnic sipping strawberry tea in a field of lavender.

Dry: As it starts to dry, the lavender becomes more strongly apparent, but I enjoy that. Sadly, the lavender recedes as it dries down. Once dry, the strawberry becomes less creamy and more candy sweet as the honey emerges.

In the bottle: Something sharp and medicinal along with strawberries. The something sharp smells almost a bit like anise. And soap, now that I think of it. Definitely soapy.

Wet on skin: I'm getting an almost nutty scent mixed in with the others now.

Dried down: This dried really quickly on my skin today - not sure if it's the heat or something in the perfume. I'm getting the same scents I did when wet, though a bit more blended together.

Throw: This has a bit of throw on me. Soft and pleasant.

Verdict: **** I kind of don't really know what to make of this scent, except that I like it. It's very soft and pretty. I almost don't want to like it for the soapy note, but I like it anyway. Probably won't seek out a second bottle of this, but I'll enjoy my first. :)

: swoons:

This, along with Lady Una, are two BPALs that perfectly encapsulate "what a book heroine smells like according to other characters" to me.

When I fist put it on, its strangely plasticky for a minute, but that fades. The lavender comes out most at first, and its surprisingly nice, as lavender is one of those floral notes I associate as "old ladyish". The strawberry comes out in the drydown (BPAL strawberry is hit or miss to me; either its wonderful, or completely disappears), this strawberry is more Puffy Stickers than Bon Vivant; squishy and sweet. The honey is never super strong, but sits in the background sweetening- a bit like inexpensive honey scented soap.

DEFINITELY need a bottle of this