Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of petty vandalism: toilet paper wads on damp maple trees, squished pumpkins, raw eggs, beer, pumpkin seed hulls, and soapy glass.

In the bottle- Very foody, definitely sweet and maple. Someone mentioned smelling cucumber on this in a different thread? I smell pumpkin, fresh, not gooey, just a little green smelling. I was wary about it, I don't do foody scents, but I am fond of Mischief in all forms, so I gave it a try.

One my skin- Gingerbread! Beautiful sweet gingerbread! I actually really like like it, not something I'd wear often, but definitely something for the colder months. A very nice surprise! The throw on this is HUGE, it's the strongest throw I've ever had on a bpal, and the scent remained gingerbread on me all day.

This is a strong nutty, pumpkin-y wood scent, though I couldn't pinpoint what kind (I thought it was oak, but I guess maple!) And definitely a fresh hint ofsoap, though not unpleasant at all. There is a faintest hint of beer, and something a bit burnt caramel-ish that sweetens it up.

This is very interesting and complex, and I have a harder time picking all the notes apart. This is definitely autumnal, and very evocative of a chilly October/November evening.

The SO wanted to make sure I posted that both he and my father adored this scent :lol:

I get caramel, sugar, pumpkin, and something that reminds me of Egged Mailbox and TP's Trees from that long ago inquisition ... it's a morpher, definately sweet and foody at the wet stage (All caramel!) but suddenly a lot of that sugar and caramel goes away and I get that creamy custard and paper scent on drydown. Really cool scent and very wearable, don't be afraid of Mischief ;)

First sniff from the decant – I don't usually seek out foody scents, but this is compelling. It is sweet and creamy but with a freshness to it that reminds me of a previous Weenie, Gunpowder. Pumpkin is tricky for me, I often find it to smell too obviously artificial and straying into candle territory, but I'm loving this particular pumpkin. There's a fresh almost hay-like element with it that really makes it work.

Skin testing – this stays true to my first impressions on initial application. Reminding me of Gunpowder with the addition of pumpkin, which might seems like it might be similar to the pumpkin from last year's pumpkin latte (but minus the latte, of course). This smells really great and finishes up smelling like there's a wee hint of coconut with the creamy pumpkin. Delightful!

How weird. I read and reread these reviews after I wrote mine and, for the life of me, cannot smell what everyone else does. I wrote down my thoughts before I reread the description to try to get an unbiased opinion without influence of the scent list.

I smell cucumber! But I'm getting a very definite cucumber scent. Almost like cucumber dill finger sandwiches. It's lovely. Smells nothing like halloween or autumn to me. Strange. Cucumber. Interesting. lol

What a mischievous scent this is :D

Fresh, green-smelling pumpkin, sort of like when you're carving a jack-o-lantern and scooping out the guts. Later, a sweet note creeps in, like maple, and it gets a little bit foody. But there's still that fresh pumpkin smell. And, yeah, a bit of a wet paper note maybe, a bit of beer (but not so you smell like you're drunk). But it all blends so well into a fresh, sweet green scent.

Mischief is really nice and I think very wear-able! Another keeper.

Of all the 2012 Weenies, I was most excited for this blend. It's a gourmand Weenie with quite a bit of complexity!

Upon first application I got a lot of cucumber, now that the cucumber has backed off, I'm getting

a chunk of pumpkin pie with a super buttery crust, doused in cinnamon oil. It's spicy! Most spicy lab

blends with cinnamon burn my skin and turn it beet red. This is pleasantly non irritating. I'm also picking up the

"raw egg" note. As the previous reviwer mentioned there is also that "fresh green smelling pumpkin"...then on my skin it settles into pumpkin pie that has been super spiced, it's not mild at all.Final verdict: I'd like to add a bottle of Mischief to my collec.

I can't stop thinking about Mischief, my fav of the Weenies 2012 thus far!

Edited by Rshields

In bottle: This one’s mighty weird. It almost smells like cucumber and beetles. I’m guessing it’s an accidental accord involving pumpkins, hulls, and flass in the first case and the rest on the other. I am not convinced I want to smell like this, but it’s certainly interesting. Wet: It differentiates out more on the skin. It’s still a mess for me as far as parsing, but I think the beer, pumpkin, eggs, hulls, and maple are strongest. Maybe. The beer is strongest of those. The effect is similar to Brood XI, but not as good with my body chemistry. Dry: fast fading to mostly barley and maple.

Mischief

In the imp: intensely caramelised/treacly pumpkin-like Candied Pumpkin or the Honey Pumpkin Stout bath oil.

Wet on skin: interesting. The pumpkin note in here smells RAW! No really-it’s a raw, juicy pumpkin, sweetish and pulpy. I also smell treacle and papery soap.

Dry on skin: a strange but not unpleasant smell. I don’t smell raw eggs, though maybe the caramel note might be a kind of custard/crème brulee, some kind of eggy dessert. I don’t smell maple leaves but I do smell maple syrup. The main note is pumpkin. It smells just like carving a pumpkin-I can smell the fibres, seeds and juice, it smells raw and wet and gourd-like. It’s a vegetal smell and despite the hints of sweetness, it’s not at all like pumpkin pie, buttery pumpkin etc, it’s the first BPAL I’ve smelt with this kind of pumpkin. Other than that I can also smell tissue paper-the kind that has its own floral fragrance-and soap. The clean and papery notes contrast with the foody notes.

After a while: this then ends up like the Honey Pumpkin Stout, but cleaner, less smoky, but there’s some serious maple syrup in here. I was hoping for more of an autumn leaf smell but it’s sweet and sticky syrup. The pumpkin has faded into the eggy dessert backdrop (so now it smells like pumpkin custard) and it still has that clean, slightly cotton-y paper smell.

Verdict: it smells, like I expected, like the Trick scents from a previous Inquisition mixed together (Pumpkin Smash, TP’d Trees etc). It’s a bizarre and slightly cacophonous mix, but it’s not unpleasant. The highlight of the scent is the amazingly accurate raw pumpkin note. But I’m not keen on the heavy maple syrup/caramel and soapy/floral toilet paper scent. It’s a fascinating scent though, totally unlike anything else I’ve smelt before!

Is it a keeper? no.

If you like this, try: TP’d Trees, Egged Mailbox, Pumpkin Smash, Honey Pumpkin Stout, Candied Pumpkin

I really was not sure about buying a bottle of this but decided to go for it hoping I would get the foodie scent people were describing and not the cucumber.

In the bottle: It does have an aquatic cucumber scent in the bottle and I don't know where that is coming from but I hoped it would go away once it hit my skin.

On my skin: Once it hits my skin the cucumber does go away and it turns into maple. Not maple syrup, more like maple walnut pancakes. As it dries it slowly morphs into a nice sweet nut scent with a hint of booze. I take it that is the beer coming out. I knew I had smelled this in something else and then it hit me. It is my beloved Nut Crack Night atmosphere spray in a bottle! It has a lot of staying power as well. I love it and am glad I bought a bottle.

I used to host a Pumpkin Carving party for my artist friends every year.... This is the perfume that captures that.

Carving fresh pumpkins into Jack O' Lantern's on a wooden butcher block table while drinking beer with cookies in the oven.

Thank heavens I escape the cucumber route others have mentioned.

A fun mash-up of notes and in that I put this in the novelty gourmand category along with Velvet Clown.

Uber foody at first, kind of like Mouse Circus, but with a more brown sugary vibe and sweet fried dough. Becomes more nuttier and woodier with time, it reminds me more of Wood Phoenix now. Not a fan, but it was fun to try.

Nutty pumpkin, woods, maple syrup and a papery note.

This one is a foodie, festive blend. Very happy. It's sort of in the same vein as Trick or Treat and Devil's Night, with the cheeky implicit notion of fun.

did i get Teatime in Roswell in this bottle by mistake? 'cuz that's what it smells like, almost exactly. or, like, a blend of Teatime in Roswell and Bread-and-Butter-Fly.

weak tea, cucumber sandwiches, cookies and paper doilies.

When I smelled this at NYCC 2012, I got soapy Beer Nuts! I was hoping this would be a salty, custardy pumpkin smell. Alack and alas.

I was hoping for something like Egg'd Mailbox (foodie, sweet egg custard) but this is unfortunately a mess on my skin. I get the weird, aquatic, slightly soapy, cucumber-y note that others have mentioned, mixed with a sour beer note and something like maple syrup and brown sugar. I don't like the warm foodie part mixed with cold non-foodie... though, weirdly, the drydown after about an hour smells mostly like a spicy pumpkin pie smell on my skin. It's a chaotic, mismatched sort of smell on me :(

Mischief indeed! First starts out as an eggy custard and then dries down to a spicy pumpkin maple syrup. I hate the wet stage but am in love with the final result.

Cucumbers and egg custard :lol: As it dries the cucumber-like aquatic note starts to back off and this becomes more creamy, foody, and bread-like (which I'm thinking is from the beer). It's getting sweeter, but staying predominantly a cucumber egg custard. This scent just makes me laugh with how strange it is! Living up to its name for sure, hahaha.

All in all, its actually quite pleasant, but then again I really like cucumbers ;) I don't see myself wearing this one much though, so I may decide to pass it on.

It was a fun one to try at least!

In the decant: There's paper, beer, cut-open pumpkins--mischief indeed! :lol:

Wet: Something like wet grass and leaves is appearing.

The dry-down: It's paper, wet grass and leaves, and only hints of pumpkin stuff. Evocative of petty vandalism, but not a fave.

To my nose: I smell a light brown sugar/caramel with some nuttyness going on. And..Cucumber. I've seen that others have also gotten cucumber from this blend, and even when I've closed the lid I can still smell it. Odd.

On: Immediately Mischief smells very nutty, but not even five seconds later there's that cucumber again! I wouldn't call this sweet, but it certainly is an odd mix. As it sits longer on my skin I get more of the nuts and less of the cucumber (though it's still there), and even some of the sugar is comingout to greet me.

The caramel gets really loud after about 30 min, which gives me a headache and I have to wash it off. Sadly, this one is not for me.

This is one of those scents I feel like only BPAL could create. Somehow it smells exactly like the description.

Wet it smells to me like wads of wet toilet paper and apple juice (this is probably the juicy squashed pumpkin and maple). After the drydown it alternates from a sweet woodsy blend of maple tree/wet tp scent to a pumpkin/egg scent with a yeast richness from the beer. It's absolutely fantastic and so much nicer and more wearable than it sounds.

It doesn't have much throw, but instead I occasionally catch whiffs of scent that sort of shock my brain and I have to start huffing my arm.

It reminds me of Halloween nights when I was a kid, running around the neighborhood causing mischief. Spot on and perfect!

Sidenote: I do not get cucumber from this, and I kind of wish I did! I love cucumber.