Then in came striding the worm so laid.

“Proud Signelil, if thou me wilt wed,
I’ll give thee store of gold so red.”

“Forbid the heavenly God so great
That I should become the Lindworm’s mate.”

“Since thee I may not for a wife acquire,
Kiss me only and I’ll retire.”

The linen so white betwixt she placed,
And the laidly worm she kissed in haste.

With his tail of serpent up strook he,
From beneath her dress the blood ran free.

The Lindworm down from the chamber strode,
Wringing her hands behind she trode.

And when she came out upon the stair
Her seven bold brothers met her there.

“Welcome our sister, whither dost hie?
Keep’st thou the Lindworm company?”

“Ah, yes! with the laidly worm I go,
Because hard fate will have it so.”

The Lindworm into the mountain strode,
Wringing her hands behind she trode.

She fell on her knee, and her prayer she made,
“Now son of Mary deign to aid.”

And when he had come to the mountain in,
Off he cast his serpent’s skin.

His snake’s appearance off he shook,
And the form of a stately knight he took.

“Thanks for thy trouble, proud Signelil,
Now live and die with thee I will.”

Now is proud Signild free from fright,
In a prince’s arm she sleeps each night.

Smoky green leather smeared with crushed grasses and wild herbs.

In the Bottle- Grass and leather with a hint of smoke to it, and unusual scent but interesting.

On my skin- EUUUUGH! P-plastic beach ball smell, like when you are blowing up a beach ball! What on EARTH!

After 20 mins- Plastic beach ball and grass now, with a twinge of flowers and a hint of doctor's office. What a strange scent!

You know how some scents are so well blended that you can't really pick out individual notes, while others are a cacophony of warring states? Lindworm is door #3. Each of the components comes out strong and distinct, but as neatly dovetailed as a three-legged stool. First there's the smoke - something between burning leaves and the snap of a freshly lit cigarette (but not dirty ashtray). Right behind that is fresh new leather -- supple, like a pair of driving gloves, say, as opposed to stiff old motorcycle chaps. Then there's the sharp green base, which is all weeds and wild herbal notes. No lawn or culinary herbs in here. I think I get dandelion, and sweetgrass, and maybe some chamomile. Definitely a medley of medieval herbs, and some of the nose-clearing astringency of freshly mown hay.

When wet, this is a really sinewy, feral scent. It smells like the aftershave an faun would splash on before cruising the meadow for hot young dryads.

It softens and goes a little powdery on drydown, but still stays clean and herbal. Thankfully, NO plastic beach balls here.

Edited by bheansidhe

No beach balls for me either!

In the bottle, this smells astringent enough that I was worried about putting it on. I shouldn't have worried though! Wet (on me) is dominated by a green, grassy scent that is very fresh. I suspect that the crushed grasses have some kind of dandelion in there. That grassiness wears away leaving behind a smoky, leather scent reminiscent of the leather in Liz and a smoke like in Smokey Moon. Eventually the smoke blows away leaving just leather. This is nice, and I suspect will age into a leathery-er scent.

In bottle: It’s lovely and sweet, very, very Green. It’s very grass fire and leather. The herbal combination is wet and blends beautifully with the grass. The smoke blends beautifully with the leather. I can’t call anything dominant as even in the bottle, they take turns. It’s surprisingly complex and perfect for it’s concept. Wet: The smoke is slightly more synthetic on the skin. I’ll now consider it leater dominent, with smoke second. Historically, I do badly with the smoke notes as my nose parses them funny. Fingers crossed. I’ll call grass third, comparatively subtle and prone to sneaking up on my nose with the herbal support. As it warms, the edges blur a bit. Leather stays dominant, but the smoke, grass, and herbs, swirl together more. I’m wondering if there is a lot of musk in this leather accord as it’s very musky and feral. I can’t tell if I love it or hate it and it’s impossible to ignore in its reptile glory. Either way, it conjures the flash of green dragon scales and a lick of flame turning a field to smoke. Dry: Settles down eventually into a strong musky smoky leather. While wet, it’s just at the edge of what I can handle intensity wise, on the dry down, it’s a sexy, feral sort of leather that I think I will love the way I love my Mutant Hot-Rodders from Hell High. They seem to be cousins once the more volatile elements burn off, being a similar sort of leather and both edgy and dangerous as leathers go, with similar vaguely industrial affect.

hm. i admit i'm rather let down by this one so far. i get dry, chalky leather (not supple glove-leather, or car seat leather, or even a tough leather jacket... but like a dried out saddle) that was recently lit on fire. like... the ashes of old saddles. icon_neutral.gif

Leather and dandelions... It's a bit odd, actually.

It's like Orc had a wee-baby. It's got that same green planty smell with a TON of leather.

In the bottle, this smells like pure green grass. On my skin at first, it's green grass and a hint of dark, smoky leather. It quickly dries down to a sweet, powdery wildflower scent on me, though, which I wasn't expecting. There's a bit of green grass and leather underneath the scent, but it's mostly a sweet & powdery floral. And I actually like this a lot. I always want to like green grass scents, but never really find them wearable, but this has a sweetness and depth to it that I really enjoy. I like that the green part doesn't dominate the scent on me.

ITI: Fresh herbs from the garden, including anise, something that smells a little like green banana, and smoky, polished leather. What an interesting scent.

Wet: Ah, now I get green grass (not freshly mowed, but healthy, living grass), followed by the leather note, which has turned slightly smokey. The herb note is rather faint.

Dry: Dried for 30 minutes, it smells like grass, a little lemony herbiness, and the faintest hint of leather.

dry grasses, marigold and something slightly feral in the leather ... on my the green goes slightly sweet late during drydown but for most of it's duration it is a perfect blending of grasses (much like the Lab's fallen leaves scent to my nose) and the leather is kind of wild and untamed - not overly powerful but not a "dirty" sort of leather it is almost pleasantly musky, it might be the greenery keeping it fresh. I don't really get smoke others are smelling, though that might be the slight sweetness i get?

I like it. well balanced, very well blended and an unusual pairing of notes that work well together. I'm usually not a fan of leather at all but this is very nice.

Sniff: Whoa, some sort of high pitched chemical scent, almost like acetone

Wet: OK, settles down a bit on my skin. The sharpness softens and I get a grassy dry scent, with leathery undertones. The overall tone is very green.

Dry: Dusty green grass with a slightly sour twang. Sadly, not really for me.

Happily, this is nothing like a beach ball or chemicals on my skin. :) It's the same smoky leather undertone from Liz (LOVE) with soft, windblown herbs and lush summer grass. They blend together surprisingly well. It's delicate and ferocious at the same time. I'll get a lot of wear out of this one.

I wanted to try this dragon because of all the resins.

In the vial: Red musk, resin, something very evergreeny, and a metallic note.

Wet: The evergreen note is very strong. It's kind of like hemlock, that almost sugary evergreen scent. There's a lot of resin in this too, and that touch of metal, but I don't particularly get the red musk or leather right now.

Hour and a half: Surprisingly gentle grassy scent. The metallic note puts it outside my zone, but there's also grass, evergreen, light leather, and a resin/musk base.

Many hours later: By bedtime this had lost most of its individual character and was in full resin/musk mode. Many of the subtleties were gone, particularly that troubling metallic note. But I can get the resin/musk mode more easily from less rare items, so I think this needs to go to someone who appreciates it for its subtle, individual nuances.

heavy on the grass and herbs, I can smell the leather beneath it if I try, but too green for me and almost headache-inducing

turns acrid as it dries down and the leather comes out, but it's a hard, dry leather

have to wash it off :ack:

lindworm was a must-hoard as soon as i smelled it. i love the smoky leather note combined with the crushed grass- smoke + grass is always a winning combination for me, and the leather makes it even better! i don't know why the leather is "green" but it definitely smells very green thanks to the fresh grass and herb notes. i am happy that i have a couple bottles of this. for some reason i feel like it's perfect to wear to the renaissance faire.

I had to double check the label to make certain I was reviewing the correct oil!

In bottle: sandalwood, cherry, and some spicy florals

Wet on skin: sandalwood, spicy florals amping (I don't like florals), slight plastic beachball scent as the first review described

Drydown: heady perfume... nothing androgynous about this, very "womanly" (not into that either)... will wait another 15 minutes.

Drydown part Deux: now it smells like a very very male cologne. Sigh. Not for me.

I keep wanting leather to smell like leather and grasses to smell like grasses... I guess not with this blend. Too bad, reviews sounded promising - I didn't get any "green". I guess the bpal leather note just does not work with my chem at all. Will be reselling my bottle.

Edited by MarlaMoreau

First on: This is summer grass, lush and warmed by the sun. Don't get any leather and only catch a hint of smoke at the end of my "sniff", if that makes sense. Really clean and unique.

10 min in: I smell more smoke now, but only when I am up close to it, and still no leather. The grassiness is still dominant, but not overpowering. This is different from anything I currently own, and I am really enjoying it.

20 min in: I have had the man smell it and he says it is very leathery with a green smell to it. I for the life of me, still can't pick up on the leather in it, but I ain't eve mad. I love it, and will definitely need more.

Lindworm is intriguing. I think there may be some green musk in here, which is an oddball note on me. Lightly musky greenery at first, and then the leather note emerges and a little smoke, but this is not a vetiver-heavy smoke like Smokestack, it's much lighter. In drydown, it's well balanced between grass and leather with just a hint of smoke. A big playful dragon rolling around in the countryside.

omg this is lovely 💚. in the bottle i get daffodils. first on this is quite green. like new mown grass. then the flowers come back, so it’s the whole lawn on my wrist. i think i get some dandelions too. this has pretty good throw while freshly applied considering how green it is. i get no leather or smoke, just the greens. As it’s drying it becomes somewhat vanillic. it’s more in the throw, while on my wrists it’s still herbs