Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Rosalind

Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

First time: I smell grass, unisex and a bit common. This starts to turn nice... Hey, where did it go?

The second time the weather wasn't as hot, so it didn't fade as fast. The grass of Rosalind makes me a bit sneezy at first. Then it becomes a slightly sweeter. The grass smells greener and fresher on a hanky, but I only smell grass like that.

Rosalind did not leave much impression on me, I'm sorry to say.

Rosalind started in the bottle as a clean, light floral. On application the first hour or so it stayed green and wet and fresh, very much soft green grass growing by a small stream. The berry scent crept in slowly, adding a light fresh and subtle fruitiness to this.

A BEAUTIFUL scent and a definite keeper though it doesn't last long. This is a good spring and summer scent though it might be a nice change in mid-winter to remind me that it's not always going to be freezing.

this smells like highly concentrated soap to me. there's something very tingly about it, which i'm guessing is the grass, and i'm getting the ever-so-sexy (-cough-) rootbeer note that i pick up with some scents. my skin hates me, this i promise you.

This to me was a lovely grassy floral. Very nice indeed especially since it was a freebie thrown in from a sweet swapper. I kept sniffing my wrist with this one and recieved two compliments from strangers so it is definately a keeper.

Kimberly

I wanted to love this so badly!!! Unfortunately, berries are very temperamental on my skin, and Rosalind was no exception. It started out very green and pretty....something very young and innocent and pastoral. However, the berries soon turn powdery and artificial, and the scent was ruined for me. :P

In the Bottle: Light spring flowers and grass. This is like rolling down a large hill covered in flowers as a child. Light, innocent, and full of laughter.

On Me: Rosalind smells SO good. I was worried that it might take on a laudry detergent smell, but not this one. So light, and there is a slight sweet berry scent to it. This is very girly, and is something that I would even let my 6 year old wear if she wanted to.

There is no way that I can resist the urge to slather this one on. This is just the right amount of springtime that I needed today.

This was one of the many freebies in my last order from the Lab. :D

First sniff:

Very clean smelling, like a meadow full of fresh cut grass. I can smell the barest hint of berries if I inhale very deeply which is fine because berries don't generally work on me. :D

Wet on skin:

Oh, there's the berries...they were hiding. They're picking up quite a bit now that it's on my skin, drowning out the fresh-cut grass smell. They remind me of pokeberries for some reason. I have no idea what sort of berries are supposed to be in here, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. It's not an overpoweringly sweet berry scent, more of a juicy, fruity berry scent.

Dry down:

The berries have receded a little, but they're still the dominant note for me. This scent reminds me of spring in a meadow; very fresh and happy smelling. :D

The bottom line:

It's beautiful, but not for me. I prefer a heavier, darker scent to a lighter, fruity one. :P

In the bottle: Berries and grass with just the smallest hint of something sweet, probably from the berries. It reminds me of picking strawberries at my grandparent's farm when I was younger. And later picking wild blackberries with neighbor children.

Wet: Hmmm. On it has an almost citrus scent which could be coming from the grass, I suppose. Or the flowers, depending on the flowers. It's not that lemon citrus scent. More of a grapefruit kind of tartness.

Dry down: I smell like freshly mown grass with a kick of a floral. Lilac or lily perhaps, maybe a hint of jasmine. Where are the berries? I loveded you, berries. I loveded you. (Too much Invader Zim.)

Dry: Floral. Floral. With a touch of powder that might have been the grass before it turned to a light powder. I don't like it. I don't dislike it. It's just kind of here. It kinds reminds me of a floral air freshener. I was hoping that this would be a berry version of Titania so instead of smelling like candied pear and peach, I'd smell like candied blackberry. Grass again. Hmmm. I'm not really impressed. My skin likes to leave the floral behind so I guess it ate all the berries. Bad skin. Unless something changes next time I wear it, I won't be buying a larger bottle of this.

ETA: Fading fast. Mayday. Mayday. This would probably be nice in some lotion. So I might buy some unscented and play around with it.

Rosalind has been sneaking up on me, I'm really getting to like this one.

It's like the softest green grass, with tiny bursts of the early lawn flowers (clover, violet). Under that there are tart wild strawberries.

Overall the impression is very fresh and new, and it's going to be a nice reminder of Spring while the snow is falling.

This is sweet but with a green edge. It smells like a meadow—predominantly grassy, but also floral. The berries lend a sweetness, but Rosalind doesn’t smell like berries at this stage. This makes me so eager for spring! It makes me feel a little bit sneezy, though, as some “grass” scents do, before finally turning more berryish. Lovely, if I can get past the sneezy part. :P

In the bottle- berries and grass.

Wet on the skin- a sweet, fruity berry. Possilyb red berries, with a hint of lime.

As I'm wearing- okay, I'm definitely getting some lime. I'm also getting hints of Dewberry (as in Body Shop, early 90s)- I loved that stuff, and I'm delighted to find elements of that scent in a BPAL oil.

Overall- this is a very nice scent. It combines several elements I adore, like grass and berries. This is beautiful and a perfect spring/summer scent.

Rosalind was very pretty for the first hour. I didn't get any berries, but rather a high, green floral, with a slight grassy undertone. Very nice and springlike. Unfortunately it disappeared completely in an hour. This might be nice made into a spray or lotion--something to make it stick around. Still, you'll like it if you like green or aquatic florals. :P

In the bottle: Fresh air, linen, newly cut flower stems.

First on: Wow this is some powerful stuff. It's a bright white scent. Very aquatic mixed with light florals, that freshly cut flower stem scent and a cool breeze.

After a few minutes: Maybe a garden right after a rain storm without the worm or earthy smell. Just fresh, awake, rejuevenated. It does hold very "clean" characteristics, but not in a soapy way on me. Everything is nicely balanced here, even though I'm not get any berry notes.

After maybe 20 minutes: Ooh, there is the berry. It reminds me of those Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was a kid (without the plastic mind you). But this is fading quickly on me.

After 30 minutes: This is almost completely gone on me now. :P I'm getting a faint scent when I shove my nose right onto my wrist. Why is it the scents I like the most don't ever last on me? I might see about turning this into an EDP to see if it will last longer on my clothes.

One of my first imps.

The first batch of imps I bought, this was thrown in from the seller as a freebie. It was tarted and everything.

It is a berry sweet floral, but on me more floral than berry. Not quite my thing. I like the intial wet stage, it was berries and grass. Then the dreaded floral came out and drowned them. :P

Off to a, hopefully, happier home it went.

This was a gorgeous springtime scent. It was just a perfect combination of berries and grasses. If I closed my eyes, I was sitting on slightly damp lawn near a berry patch in the pale light of dawn.

I am going to get a lot of use out of this scent this spring. :P

In the vial and wet on my skin, Rosalind smelled like sharply fresh, slightly sweet grass =)

And then...they sneak up on me...STEALTH BERRIES!!!

The sharpness of the berries and sharpness of the berries just aren't a good combon on my skin =(

Edited by joseybird

Rosalind was an extra imp sent by the Lab with my latest order :D

Very citrussy and fresh in the imp, Rosalind turned first grassy, then fruity on my skin. Reminiscent of a lighter, more lemony Bewitched, this is a very nice blend... that suddenly goes *poof* after 15 mn, never to be heard of again :D

Call me old fashioned, but I like it when my scents take the time to say goodbye before leaving. The idea of grass and berries was quite appealing, but I will stick to Bewitched :P

In The Vial A field of spring flowers, a blooming honey suckle bush. This scent is very green and vibrant. Perfect for the spring. I think I'm going to like it.

WetHoneysuckle and grass. I like. It hasn't hated me the way other florals do. It goes on very strong.

Dry My skin ate it! Almost completely. I liked the green, clean notes and now it's gone. :P It was good while it lasted.

this is an elusive scent. i think the moss scent must be the grasses, but i don't catch much berry. it smells riparian, like the sharp, sweet scent along the creek in the late morning. i catch a whiff of fabric softener. . . what is that? then i start to get fresh florals. . .like walking into a florist shop. interesting. . .

later, say, after about an hour, it gets more sharp, not quite so sweet. i don't like it as much at that stage.

Initial Sniff: Grass. And a few berries.

Wearing: Wet, this starts out as grass and a few berries, and it is quite pleasant. As it dries, it takes on a sharpness. It fades completely within the hour.

Final Impressions: I have received this as a gift imp in no less than 5 orders. Each time I dutifully try it, hoping to like it. With each imp I receive, I become more concerned that the Lab knows something that I don't - I should love this oil! Alas, I surrender! I do not love this oil, whether I should or not. :P

Rosalind

Green and grassy. Its similar to the Hermit but without that smokiness that the Hermit has. Its got a really nice green scent that ultimately dries down to a sweet berry-ish scent. I think this would compliment Lush's new lotion called Skin Sin really well. And it seems to fade fast. I think I'm going to keep this around and try it a few more times.

Rosalind reminds me of a mountain in spring time. Ice is beginning to melt and cold streams are flowing, flowers and tender green grasses are sprouting up through the melting snow. It is very interesting. It manages to be chilly, green, floral, wet, and slightly fruity all at the same time. When I breath in, it gives me that tingly cool feeling that one gets when they are smelling mints... but it isn't minty. I think that this would be a wonderfully refreshing summer scent.

First wiff: Light flowers with a crisp, almost sharp undertone - unlike others I do not get the berries in Rosalind.

Wet on skin: Oh, not good - this immidiately turns into aftershave on my skin, and not a good aftershave :P .

Dry down: It faded quite fast on me and it stayed bitter sharp aftershave on my skin all the time.

Over all: Not a winner on my skin, unfortunately :D .

Does anyone remember Bath and Body Works' Refreshing Garden Mint? I swear, this is exactly what Rosalind starts off smelling like to me.

In the Bottle or Imp:

Yes, green. But it's a minty, herbal green, so to me a faintly aquamarine color. I can't shake the association with BBW's long-discontinued Refreshing Garden Mint, which was a staple for me as a high schooler, so this brings to mind instantly being young (and naive). When I describe the mint in this blend I don't mean a real mint like peppermint or spearmint, but the BBW version. It wasn't a true mint but more of a feeling of mint and coolness.

Wet, on Skin:

Definitely still the fresh, false mint, basil and fresh green herbs and grasses, perhaps a touch of floral sweetness or sweetgrass. Detecting a very faint fruit base, not a bright or bubbly fruit like strawberry or cherry but a wild, hidden fruit nestled in a glade.

Drying Down:

After it settles, the initial minty herbal start fades and I'm left with a slightly odd wild berry fragrance that keeps increasing its depth over time. Started off with just a hint of berry, and it's as if more and more berry notes are coming to the top of the mix. Now it kind of smells like a green berry blend, like a Body Shop Dewberry.

Over Time/Longterm:

Definitely sticks to a very lightly grassy berry scent.

Final Verdict?

I was expecting a meadow, and instead I ran from the base of a sparkling, refreshing stream, up a grassy hill, tumbled and spilled a handful of flowers and retreated into a cool, shadowy nook where all sorts of wild berries are growing. Evocative, and this is the first BPAL that's gone through so many 'places' on me.

And Rosalind also gave me scent nostalgia from TWO of my old bath product companies. Amazing.

Edited by Lycanthrope