Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Rosalind

Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

Origin: Fresh from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I don't see any deal-breaking notes, but neither do I see favorite notes. This will be a shot in the dark.

In the Vial: Very fresh, spring-green and outdoorsy. I get the same shampoo impression that others have mentioned. Light and cheerful.

Wet: Not much different on my skin at the moment. The berries are maybe a little stronger, but it's still a clean, airy, green scent.

Drydown: Well darn. Apparently one of the spring flowers in the notes is one that likes to turn soapy on me. Yeah, it smells really clean...too clean :P

Verdict: Not for my skin, but those who like springtime and grassy scents should give it a try.

Edited by puck_nc

In the imp, I get a faint berry-grassish sort of scent. On my skin, it's predominantly grass with a berry undertone. Eh. Predominantly sunny grass on me, not really doing much for me. Swaps.

Edited by Venneh

Someone passed me on a frimp.

In imp: light, floral scent, touch of grass.

Wet: again, grassy floral. Very light, fresh, pretty. Not picking up any berries.

Drydown: Wait, there are the berries, just a touch, barely there.

Faded on me within an hour. Not for me, obviously.

However, I did like the scent generally. It would be a lovely fragrance for a young girl! Very fresh and innocent!

I wanted so very badly to love this scent. So much did I want to love this scent that I gave it several tries, in various stages of body chemistry and what not, just in case something had thrown it off.

In the imp, I got grass, almost too sharp, with only a slight hint of florals. Not great, but definitely worth trying.

Alas, it hits my skin and turns into soap. Not even elegant, expensive soap, just dishwashing soap.

Drat.

I heart Rosalind. Berries and grasses with touches of floral. It is a little airy and aquatic, but mainly it is another delicate summer scent.

:::ROSALIND:::

A shimmering white scent. A cascade of buoyant floral notes; heady and intoxicating and at their ethereal best here.

As this graces the skin, it waxes sweeter; gaining a quality that suggests either Mead or Honey.

Rosalind also takes on citrusy note... Mandarin?

After a while, Rosalind softens ever further, maintaining the entirety of her character, if somewhat more ethereal... There seems to be a hint of quality soap in this fragrance as well.

Rosalind is an ideal perfume for Her. This would be a custom-designed way to make an entrance at the opera or the theater.

Rosalind summons images of an accompanying ivory satin evening dress with lustrous coiffed hair, platinum, and glittering stones.

Bravo!

I love this scent! Green, and light springy flowers, and a zingy warmth of berries. And, unfortunately, (and I don't think I have ever had to write this about any other scent among the hundreds of bpals I've tried) it completely faded away on me within an hour. I'll retry, because.... it's just so odd; this has never happened before.

A sweet green scent. Goes on very faint; I'd have to slather this. It smells a bit like shampoo, as others have said. I was hoping for something a bit brighter and stronger for one of my favorite heroines.

A light, fresh green scent with a touch of sweetness. It's a soft scent that doesn't have much throw but I occasionally catch a sniff of and really like it. It doesn't last very long so I don't know if I'll get a bottle, but the imp will surely get used.

Started off as a sweet, green scent on me. Faded to a green shampoo smell after not very long. To the swaps with you!

In the bottle: dew and grass on a perfectly warm spring morning. the berries strike me as more citrus-like, with loads of fresh-cut flowers in the background. nothing so strong as roses, but tulips maybe, or other simpler flowers. it's very refreshing and very green, almost lemon-y. again, perhaps that's the flowers.

On my skin: more dewy grass (maybe freshly mowed grass even, the wet kind that sticks to your clothes) and there's that citrus lemon-like scent again! it's pleasant, but not at all what I was expecting. almost like some summer cocktail, to be drunk over ice with a bit of sugar on the rim. the citrus keeps it from getting too floral or girly, but it does have a tendency to sour as time goes on.

Last thoughts: pretty, but not imaginative or distinctive enough for my taste. I don't know where the berries are, but I sure never caught a whiff of them, either in the bottle or on my skin.

In the bottle: It smells fresh, indeed! Sweet floral scents mixed with very faint berries.

Wet: Green grass, green grass, and more green grass. As for the flowers, could it be peony? Or something like it? It reminds me of Maiden, but rolling into grass.

Dry: Cut the lawn, roll onto it, that’s what it smells like... Fortunately, it fades away quickly.

Verdict: It’s not so great. I’m almost glad it’s discontinued.

light and soft and green. definitely a spring or summer scent.

i didn't realize it was discontinued so i will certainly be keeping my imp. it's rather refreshing and cool.

Edited by Caper

In imp: Fresh sweet grasses with a hint of some kind of gorgeous floral with something almost tart in the background that reminds me a bit of grapefruit? This is delicious, I mean I cannot wait to try this! I just hope it doesn't fade fast…

Wet on Skin: The tart fruity note seems to disappear and in this stage the grasses and sweet wildflowers tend to take over. But this is still quite fresh, zingy, and I can definitely detect some warmth from the sun and cool dew over the entire thing.

Dry: The grasses tend to fade a bit and the zingy grapefruit like note comes back but with more sweetness and warmth, less tartness. Not it has truly become a gorgeous zingy sweet wildflowers and citrus type scent covered with dew and sunlight. The feel is almost similar to Mag Mell without smelling like Mag Mell. Also after a while the blend tends to get a hint of muskiness, kind of like white musk which adds to the zingy effect I think.

Overall: I love this! I may be needing a bottle actually because this is a beautiful sunlight meadow type of scent with a zing… I may go as far as saying I like this better than the Passionate Shepherd to his Love which is probably my favorite meadow blend. So beautiful! Average throw but it doesn't last particularly long unfortunately. ALSO this layers beautifully with Tombstone!

EDIT: I just realized this was discontinued... my heart just broke...

Edited by ciaobonefish

I generally cannot wear "green" scents, so I tend to avoid anything with grass as as note, but tempered with the berries and flowers here, the grass stays mellow and never gets sharp. All the notes make an appearance, but they blend into a soft, unique, and remarkable fragrance that is definitely reminiscent of spring; if I had more than an imp, I'd be wearing this exclusively in March and April. This is so lovely, and I will cherish the lone imp that I have.

Astringent, soapy, and just all-around gross. I get absolutely nothing in that description... :eek:

quick review of this before it goes to live with someone else: i've had this bottle for years and while i like it, it isn't something i've ever reached for. it either smells like an expensive salon shampoo, or like a natural grocery. i don't know why so many natural grocers (not big ones like WF or TJs, but little tiny local places) have such similar smells - maybe it's all the boxed teas? - but they do!

gentle, nonoffensive, vaguely pretty.

Wet: Soft and sharp? Can that happen? Smells like lush white flower petals on the wind. It’s bright and clean smelling with a slight undercurrent of musk. Sadly, I detect no dew or berries.

2 hours in: I’m afraid my skin just gobbled this one right up. I occasionally get a hint of something pleasant, but it’s not strong enough to pin down if its a floral note or a sweet one.

Verdict: Not for me, too pale and not worth the effort. I suspect the sharpness I was getting from the wet stage was actually grass notes. I'm terribly allergic to many grasses, so maybe my brain was saying, "stay away"? Could be a psychosomatic thing. It is a lovely scent nonetheless, it just needs to go on someone else.

In the imp: I can smell the spring flowers and dew-covered berries, with the green grass lingering in the background. The grass in this is actually soft compared to other blends I've tried with grass notes listed.

Wet: I am getting more grass on my skin than I did in the imp, but it's still not strong (probably because it's not freshly cut grass). The dew-covered berries dominate on my skin, followed by the spring flowers. It reminds me of a warm, sunny day in spring, after some rain. After a few minutes, the flowers overtake the berries, making it a floral-dominant scent with some green grass in the background, with the scent of berries being carried by the wind. They are gentle, spring blossoms. I'm not able to discern which kinds of florals I am getting, but they aren't heady by any means.

Dry: There is a bit of citrus to this, which I think can be attributed to a floral note – maybe peony? The flowers and dew-covered berries are the most prominent notes as the green grass remains content with its background role.

Verdict: Really nice! Scents with berries in them are generally not my cup of tea. However, the berries in this scent aren't overpowering, and although I'm not sure if I would actually wear this, I think it's a lovely scent that evokes springtime.