Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Rosalind

Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

In the imp, this is fresh! I get mostly grass, with a hint of flowers.

On my skin, I'm getting all grass - very green, very clean, very bright.

When it dries, it's light, green - still all grass and flowers. It's nice, but not WOW.

In the Imp (wet): The very first thought that popped into my head when I took that first whiff was 'Bodyshop'. I used to have a perfume oil called Dewberry from them and this first note brought that memory back. It's bright and floral sweet, like a fresh spring day in an open country side.

On facial cotton (dry): Definitely one of those fresh blossom florals that sing of youth and innocence. Think Bambi, Walt Disney princesses from by-gone-eras when little forest animals would come braid your hair and weave a gorgeous gown out of morning dew.

On me: The dewberry is a predominant note of sweetness, though tampered with the cutting sharpness of green spring freshness. I can imagine this might give me a headache on some days and it can be strong, so I would dab with caution.

In the imp: I really thought this was rose-based, as I didn't read the subscription before I tried it. It smells like a rosy scent in the imp.

On skin: Clean and sweet, as others have said- grassy, sweetly herbal. Yes, it's very shampoo-y. It's the first berry scent that I've really liked, because the berries are there but aren't OMG BERRIES like some others are.

Alas, it's also light to the point of being barely there, and it fades really fast, so it's not really for me.

I got Rosalind as a frimp with my last order and I'm loving it :]

In the imp, I'm smelling the greenness/herbal-freshness much stronger than the other notes

as soon as it is on, the greenness takes the backstage, and I can smell what was underneath -- berries and florals that are somehow watery.

anyway, it is BEAUTIFUL on me, which I didn't really expect. scents with greeny components often turn strange on me.

loved this one :P

In the imp: Smells like a commercial lotion, and a fairly cheap one at that.

On skin, wet: EXACTLY like Irish Springs soap. Eeek.

On skin, dry: After it calms down and dries for about 10-15 minutes, it suddenly goes from commercial ickiness to a smell that strikes me strongly of dew-covered berries being hit with the first rays of morning sun. It's lovely. Unfortunately, I have to smash my nose to my wrist to really smell it.

Verdict: Will play with the imp before deciding on a bottle.

In bottle/imp: Soft, fresh grass and light flowers.

Immediately on skin: This is so light and lovely… it’s a grass and flowers scent mostly, but it’s soft with a nice freshness to it. Under that is a little fruitiness from the berries, but it’s not overly evident. The berries just blend into the grass and flowers lightly. This smells almost a little aquatic as well, which is probably the dew in the scent.

After a little while: As this dries, it gets sweeter on me. The grass note fades a little and the flowers take center stage. It becomes a fresh and fruity soft floral scent with a lot of sweetness going on. The aquatic feel is still lingering, but it blends well with the flowers and is very light.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice grassy, fruity floral, though the grass note doesn’t stick around for very long on my skin. It has a hint of aquatics that take a back seat to the other notes, but overall this is a very fresh, sweet floral blend.

This is a really light, clean, pretty scent -- just like a fresh bouquet of flowers. Usually in scents like this I home in on the stems, the leaves, almost anything but the actual blossoms, but here I don't have so much of a choice; my nose is buried in fragrant petals. That's far from a bad thing, though; they are soft and given with affection, and therefore inutterably beautiful. There is an extra hint of berry-like sweetness, but it's perfectly-balanced and subtle with the rest of the blend. It's very lovely -- definitely go for this if you like fresh scents or florals.

In bottle: green and light and fresh with a hint of berry and florals. Wet: The florals are stronger, but much as in the bottle generally. It is a femmer version of embalming fluid in a lot of ways. Dry: Faded so fast I missed it.

In the imp: Very light. Very fresh. I smell tulips and grass. Definitely watery with grass. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. It's lovely!!

Wet: The grass comes out more. But the scent is barely there. It's fresh and clean, but it's as if I didn't put any oil on at all. And I slathered a lot from the imp, knowing that this is light.

Dry: Barely there. It was lovely while it lasted!

Overall: I love this scent, but it is too light. Almost no throw, and it lasted on me about half an hour. Pretty, but I wish I could smell it more!!

Source: A Pay It Forward Imp

In the bottle: Fresh berries crushed into just-cut grass. Yum!

Wet: Gorgeous ripe fruit and fresh green grass with just a hint of herb. Still Yum!

Dry: Absolutely beautiful for the half hour it lasted. *sighs* I adore it, but it disappears more quickly than any other scent I've tried. I'd HAVE to get a big bottle if I wanted to wear it, just to keep reapplying it. Although... it might just be worth it. It IS delicious. Definitely in the "like" section. And now I want to eat strawberries. :P In November. Just my luck. :D

This starts out as a very strong, fake floral, not really my thing. I don't get any kind of berry scent at all, Luckily it fades quickly.

Thankee to the Lab for the frimp!

Pretty and girly, with a bit of a sharp edge from the grass. I like it well enough, but I'm a die-hard resin / foody fan, so this just isn't me. As far as the berry note, I get my kicks from Dionysia, which is much more of a sexy broad scent than an ethereal, youthful sort of fragrance like Rosalind.

Off to ze swap basket.

ETA: Oh yeah - it also fades very fast on me. I got maybe two hours out of the (fairly heavy) initial application before it went poof.

Edited by Electric Maenad

In the imp: Fresh! Dew and berries and grass, just like the description. It smells quite similar to my beloved Glasgow, so this is promising.

Wet: This is greener than Glasgow - very much wet, dewy grass. Gorgeous. The berries are hidden underneath the leaves and grasses, protected from the rain, but they're there alright. And they certainly are the berries from Glasgow. This is a much greener scent though. Much wetter, too.

Dry: It takes on a slightly marshmallow-y tinge, but I think that's just my chemistry at the moment. I wore this a few days ago and it stayed true to the fresh green grass and berries. A winner!

I have a very poor sense of smell, and when other people talk about being hit over the head with a scent when sniffing from the vial I get jealous, because even with supposedly strong scents I have to really strain. This was totally different - as soon as I opened the imp, I got very fresh, tart berries. I don't get as much grass as other reviewers seem to have been, but again maybe that's just my bad nose. This is a very nice, light scent, and I'll definitely keep the imp. I think it'll be a good spring scent.

This scent is really young and bright. It's a lighter, very green floral--like the smell of freshly picked flowers. It's a softer scent, without much throw or staying power, but very lovely and bright, like I mentioned before. Wet, I can smell the lemon, but it fades to the background as this dries, and only adds to the "fresh"ness of the scent! A great way to remember summer during those cold winter days! I'm definitely considering a bottle!

Edited by delighted

In the bottle: Grass, grass, grass grass grass.

Dry on skin: The grass note is still really strong for the first couple of minutes, but it dies off, leaving a nice, balanced, slightly fruity floral. And... that's it. I find it pretty underwhelming, to be honest. It's nice, but not great. I wouldn't mind getting quite close to a young lady who was wearing this, but it's not really what I want to smell like.

In the imp: Light, a little green, a little floral

Fresh on the skin: Green, slightly perfurmey floral. Pretty! Very light.

10 minutes later: Extremely youthful. Sweet and grassy and floral and a tiny bit aquatic.

1 hour later: Pretty, light, not especially me-like.

3.5 hours later: Still pretty and light, still not very me. I think it's the aquatic that's putting me off a bit, perhaps.

Verdict: Nice enough, but not really me.

One word: Light.

In the imp I get a crisp green smell, a bit more like basil than grass - although that is in the background.

I really slathered this on, but never got more than a very light scent. It started out as a nice, if faint, freshly cut grass. That very quickly disappeared - and by quickly, I mean within 10 minutes. All I'm left when, when I can pick up anything, is a very light powdery scent.

MMMMH!!!

In bottle: WOAH green!!!! Yet with a hint of tart sweetness and breezy air.

Wet: exactly like the scent in the bottle. Fresh, cool, crisp.

Later: More of the berry peeks through as the grass takes a back seat. Flowers become more prominent aswell, but not in an abnoxious way.

Throw: Avarage: 5-6 hours +

Final: OMGZ i luurrvvss it. Gonna seriously consider going full bottle, but for right now i have too many to experiment with. ^^ Delicious in a fresh yet feminine way! Perfect for hot days...

It's funny, I don't get berries, grass or flowers with this. I get a kind of vaguely similar to ginger but not ginger. It's more like rolling around in a field of ginger and lemongrass or something. I can't quite work out what the smell is but it's not what I was expecting at all.

3/5 I just find this one confusing.

Imp: flowers, slightly sharp, moist smell.

Wet: warm, sweet citrusy something mixed with slightly sharp floral, and a hint of powder.

Dry: soft floral, very light.

Hmm, no berries in sight, but it's a nice, light floral-- not too overwhelming, which is great for hot weather. I'm going to echo another review that mentioned it somehow conveyed airiness. It reminds me of bath products, but in a good way.

Imp: Greenery and berries.

Wet: Something sharp and artificial comes through on application. It reminds me of those old body sprays by the Gap.

Dry: Still cloying and artificial. I do smell the grass and berries and a light dusting of florals but it's just sitting on top of my skin smelling kind of gross and artificial. Really doesn't meld with my chemistry well.

Throw: Light.

Overall: Not doing it for me.

Inside the imp, light florals.

Wet on the skin, grass and berries. There is an aquatic quality to this scent.

Dries down green floral. Sadly, no berries on the dry down on my skin.