Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
miss_rynn

Dunwich V2

I'm pretty sure I'm the first on this one; I'm sorry if I'm not!

This is an incredibly soapy, colongey smell on the skin. It's not so much aquatic as it is damp, fresh water smelling. It rounds out with a spiced undertone. The original is supposed to be all swampy and wet and bog lilies; I find this to have an almost under-ripe fruit scent under the soap, with a masculine streak of spice beside it. It's the clean-soap smell of Lightning rather than the salty-aquatic of Cthulhu. In fact, that's what the fresh-aquatic and damp-greens reminds me of; the true smell that comes before a storm, not quite the sharp and piercing scent of ozone. It's a very hard scent to pin down, but I'm pretty sure that I like it.

Water bog and lilies with a touch of sea salt. This one smells more like meadows right above a sandy beach. It's sort of innocent, and you get the idea of the sea, but there's nothing very eldritch about this or sinister. It's actually really pleasant. For those of you that enjoy aquatic florals and/or beach blends, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

So this starts out identical to my husband's shaving cream, but quickly turns a bit floral with some ozone, a touch aquatic, and definitely oak moss.