Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Some people get a strong zucchini note out of the "courgette musk" in Orc. It has leather and vetiver as well, but no florals. And it's impable GC!

How about Envy? It's all quite herbal, mint, lime, lavender, with something that smells a tad like dill, too.

if you can track down an imp of karme, it's straight-up vegetable garden in the sun.

edit- duh, everybody else said that too:) i second the witch's garden, it's one of the more unique scents i've smelled from the gc.

Edited by bonny

Some people get a strong zucchini note out of the "courgette musk" in Orc. It has leather and vetiver as well, but no florals. And it's impable GC!

Thanks! Leather and vetiver aren't usually good on me, but in a few blends I've been surprised that they work really well.

How about Envy? It's all quite herbal, mint, lime, lavender, with something that smells a tad like dill, too.

I think I even have an imp somewhere - sounds like I need to re-test that. Thanks! :)

if you can track down an imp of karme, it's straight-up vegetable garden in the sun.

edit- duh, everybody else said that too:) i second the witch's garden, it's one of the more unique scents i've smelled from the gc.

I was lucky to find an imp of Karme in swaps, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I also ordered The Witch's Garden along with my Halloweenies last night. Unsniffed, but it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

The Apothecary - it doesn't have much soil to it - but it's the closest thing to a thriving herb garden besides actually going outside and taking a big sniff of mine. ^_^ It has the scent of fresh growing things and also dried herbs.

It's also GC so you can get an imp.

Hagsgate.

I can't even tell you how much I love this one. It is close to witch's garden, but the finish is nicer on me .less floral than garden path with chickens too.

The Apothecary - it doesn't have much soil to it - but it's the closest thing to a thriving herb garden besides actually going outside and taking a big sniff of mine. ^_^ It has the scent of fresh growing things and also dried herbs.

It's also GC so you can get an imp.

You're right, The Apothecary is great, it was one of my first bottle purchases and I use it a lot.

Hagsgate.

I can't even tell you how much I love this one. It is close to witch's garden, but the finish is nicer on me .less floral than garden path with chickens too.

Hagsgate is definitely going on my next order. I was lucky to get a tester of it and loved it immediately. :)

I didn't see any in my skimming that satisfied me so I'm making this topic. Hope that's ok.

As the title suggests, I want to smell like vegetables.

Namely Green Bell Peppers. I don't think there is anything bpal that has that as a note, unfortunately.

Maybe it's a little weird but I really love the smell of cutting into fresh-from-the-garden vegetables and want to wear the scent without having to actually cut up all of my precious veggies.

I currently smell like green bell peppers after cutting a ton up to bring with me as a snack to work. I would LOVE to smell like this forever.

I also love the smell of tomatoes, SQUASHES ( <3 ), cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, spinach( greens as well as herbs in general), peppers of all kinds, etc.

I want something straight fresh vegetables, as well as something nitty gritty dirty, earthy vegetables!

Any suggestions?

(I'll take non bp suggestions as well, just pm me)

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

Orc! (Field grey courgette musk, roughly cured leather, and vetiver.) Courgette being zucchini.

Orc! (Field grey courgette musk, roughly cured leather, and vetiver.) Courgette being zucchini.

Ooh! I'll have to grab an imp with my next order!

I'm worried about the leather but I bet with the vetiver it will stay mainly green, I hope!

Thanks!

Brain maze of the bpal library gearing up... hang on!

I've got nothing in the way of green bell peppers for ya...sorry.

I second the zucchini smell from Orc.

The Shattered Pumpkin or Theme in Yellow. Both have a raw pumpkin smell.

Ushi: seriously tomatoes + fruit!

I haven't tried it yet but can anyone vouch for Hagsgate? Its got some serious veggies: An accursed bounty: rich black soil and hay, cucumber, tomato, red lettuce, summer squash, black eggplant, arugula, grape vine, artichoke, and a tangle of herbs marred by an undercurrent of vetiver, patchouli, and black moss.

That's all I got.

When (or if) it comes back in stock, or if you can find an imp or bottle for swap/sale on the forum, get thee some Hagsgate!

Hagsgate - An accursed bounty: rich black soil and hay, cucumber, tomato, red lettuce, summer squash, black eggplant, arugula, grape vine, artichoke, and a tangle of herbs marred by an undercurrent of vetiver, patchouli, and black moss.

I think you'd love Karme! Sun-warmed squashes, peppers, salad greens, snap peas, radishes, green onions, and silphium.

Only problem with Karme is that there are only imps of it because it was a gift with purchase at a food drive event and you can really only find it on the sales forum.

I will definitely be hunting for ALL of these! They all sound so delicious!

Especially Hagsgate and Karme, wow!!! Oh gods I needs them both so badly now.

I think I might have a decant of Theme in Yellow I got as a frimp from someone on livejournal! I'll have to give it a try, I had no idea what it was!

Squirting cucumber is gorgeous, it's on my list to get a full bottle of in the near future!

Thanks everyone, I am about blow up the forums hunting decants of these down!

Keep em coming!

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

Planting Moon? Budding summer squashes and pole beans, tomato leaves, upturned earth, May's wildflowers, and sun-warmed herbs.

Pole beans??! As in Green beans??

Oh no I need that one so badly!

No one is going to believe me when I tell them I work a desk job, they'll all think I work on a vegetable farm!

If you don't mind hunting down LE scents from a few years ago, look for Planting Moon. Mine is from 2013. There was at least one earlier version that I know of but haven't tried. It smells exactly like the garden my dad always used to have when I was a kid, from the roots in the earth to the tip-tops of all the plants.

Mod Note: Merged with existing topic.

On topic: Keep your eyes out for vegetal musk, which does appear from time to time!

I didn't see any in my skimming that satisfied me so I'm making this topic. Hope that's ok.

As the title suggests, I want to smell like vegetables.

Namely Green Bell Peppers. I don't think there is anything bpal that has that as a note, unfortunately.

Maybe it's a little weird but I really love the smell of cutting into fresh-from-the-garden vegetables and want to wear the scent without having to actually cut up all of my precious veggies.

I currently smell like green bell peppers after cutting a ton up to bring with me as a snack to work. I would LOVE to smell like this forever.

I also love the smell of tomatoes, SQUASHES ( <3 ), cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, spinach( greens as well as herbs in general), peppers of all kinds, etc.

I want something straight fresh vegetables, as well as something nitty gritty dirty, earthy vegetables!

Any suggestions?

(I'll take non bp suggestions as well, just pm me)

I love smelling like a vegetable garden, or a root cellar! :lol: I got some great recs here a few years ago, and here are my favorites:
Definitely Karme! It's all veg and sun-warmed soil and I can't get enough of it.
All and any versions of Planting Moon - there's 2009, 2013, and Planting Moon v5 which may still be on Etsy.
Hagsgate: rich black soil and hay, cucumber, tomato, red lettuce, summer squash, black eggplant, arugula, grape vine, artichoke, and a tangle of herbs marred by an undercurrent of vetiver, patchouli, and black moss.
Garden of Death (2011 LE): belladonna accord, iris petals, red poppy, acanthus, manioc, parsley, yam, urd bean, chrysanthemum, acacia, and cypress wood rooted in dark, rich loam.
Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey (2010 LE): No scent description, but how I'd review it: Jerusalem cherries are related to cherry tomatoes, and this blend is all about tomato leaf, tomato and honey.
The Norn's Farmhouse: Dusty, ancient wood, horehound, and sage, with viper's bugloss, mugwort, chamomile, nettle, apple blossom, chervil, and ashes. (more herbal than vegetal, but the combination does translate to "garden" for my nose)
Pumpkin III 2009: Pumpkin, fir needle, pitch, rosemary, and tomato. (the tomato leaf really shines in this one)
I love the smell of old-fashioned root cellars and these scents always remind me of my great-grandmother, who still kept one. The smell of dark earth, vegetables and herbs in these blends really does take me back there:
Breathless Horror (2011 LE): icy white musk and thick olibanum with niaouli, carrot seed, white mint, and camphor.
Mandrake (discontinued GC): http://www.bpal.org/topic/21892-mandrake/
Solitary and Abhorred (2011 LE): carrot seed, East Indian patchouli, white tea, and peru balsam.
A Tremor Upon the Lips (2014 LE): Laotian oudh, carrot seed, white orris, and bitter raw frankincense chilled by elemi and eucalyptus blossom.
The Mandrake Charm (2011 LE): Mandrake root, olibanum, myrrh, hyssop, basil linalool, and lemongrass.
Edited by Ashmedai

Ashmedai, I think I love you! You're the real MVP!

Thank you so much (to everyone), I absolutely need all of them! My poor wallet....

If you like the greens-and-herbs scent, you may also want to try Apothecary. And if the Salon ever comes back around, definitely try Orpheus and/or Garden Path with Chickens.