Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aldercy

Spanish Red Carnation Candle

A celebratory scent, spicy and joyful. This is the nation flower of Spain. It symbolizes the suffering of Christ, the passion of lovers, and the laurels of victory.

I'm not going to say a whole lot about the scent because it is, precisely, Spanish Red Carnation. It smells exactly like my perfume oil-- a bit of greenery and fresh, spicy carnation. If you like the SN, you'll like this. And if you like the SN, but it doesn't work so well on your skin, this is a great alternative way to experience it.

The fragrance strength is light to moderate on this one, but in a good way. When it's sitting unlit on my desk, I'll occasionally get a whiff of it. Lit, it seems to send intermittent tendrils of scent around a room as opposed to a giant scent-bomb you can't get away from. I notice it most when I leave the room and then come back in.

Burns very, very cleanly and evenly with a high, steady flame. It's just the right diameter that the wax melts all the way to the edges easily instead of building up on the sides. It seems to be holding up pretty well-- I've burned it 3 times for 2+ hours at a time and the wax has maybe gone down a centimeter? I think the estimates of a 30 hour burn time are conservative and it may last a bit longer than that.

I agree with amanderinorange, who reviewed the Shub candle, that it's strangely great when blown out. The wick doesn't smolder and smoke forever like some do, it just releases a final breath of toasty fragrance and is done. The wick also doesn't develop all those charred nodules that fall off and float in the wax, so I feel like it's really good quality.

This candle smells exactly like the single note perfume, and is absolutely beautiful. It smells like a freshly cut spicy carnation, the kind that I had in my wedding bouquet way back before the florists bred all the beautiful spiciness out of them. The candle burns very cleanly and evenly, and I could catch slight wafts of it periodically, but it doesn't have a strong throw, which is the only downside for me. (Room size that I was burning it in was about 16 ft. x 16 ft. for reference.) Wick snuffs out quickly and easily. The jar is absolutely beautiful, heavy frosted glass with a beautiful printed label. I wish there could be refills, because the jar is a keeper and I will reuse it with a votive after my candle is gone.

The candle smells beautiful sitting on the table beside me. The distinctive spicy floral scent of carnation is heavenly! I missed out on the single note perfume, so I was so glad to experience the fragrance in candle form.

It's a very light fragrance with little throw; I usually can't smell it when the candle is actually burning. Weird, right?

The frosted glass and old-fashioned label look really lovely. I don't know if I'd keep the glass after the wax is all burned away (but then, I've got a thin layer of wax clinging to the sides instead of a 100% clean burn) but it sure looks nice when the flame's steadily burning inside.