Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Clueit

For the Birds

With my ever growing and shrinking collection and personal loved and loathed scents it has come to my realization that there are some things in my life that could use a distinct scent.

But I suck at figuring that out until I've sniffed, worn, aged, resniffed, lost and the found a scent.

So I turn to you all.

Owls, in particular a Great horned owl, is my current curiosity and would like to know if anyone knows what one might smell like or has a suggestion for an oil that could be a good representation of this.

As for other birds, turns out parrots have some interesting ones. I shall eventually go a sniffing, but any suggestions for random birds and critters as well?

I don't know what the birds smell like (or if you'd really want to smell like them!), but in terms of concept:

Athena is associated with owls, so maybe Athens from Wanderlust?

As for DC/LE scents, there's Screeching Parrot from the Atomic Luau Lounge, The Little Sparrow from Marchen, The Little Bird, and Pet Magah Bird.

Not sure what other "critters" you have in mind, but BPAL has tons of animal-based scents.

I don't know what owls smell like firsthand, but you could definitely try Fledgling Raptor Moon (Warm, soft tufts of down and gleaming tawny feathers: clove, toasted sandalwood, aged patchouli, bourbon vanilla, carnation, massoia bark, hinoki wood, and West Indian Bay). I think Raven Moon (shining, moonlit ebony musk with benzoin, myrrh, smoky vanilla, patchouli, nutmeg, and dried red chili) is maybe supposed to be more evocative of atmosphere than of actual birds, but that's another thematically appropriate one!

Sign in to follow this