Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Rapture

Sensual ecstasy, the blinding red fire of the apex of sexual pleasure: Moroccan rose, Sumatran rose, mandarin, Egyptian myrrh, night-blooming jasmine, bergamot and neroli thrust into Arabian musk.

Wet: Super sharp musk. No florals at all.

First on: Citrus and musk.

Dry: Unchanged. Meh. Edited by Shollin

Pretty pretty floral! I tend to sense florals as more innocent than sensual. The roses really pop up here, and it remains nice and not heavy at all.

oh wow :evol:

this scent is pink and red roses on my skin!

it is lovely, also a tiny bit of jasmin and in the end the myrrh comes out

so this all makes it very soft and warm, comforting but still sexy enough to wear to a relaxing party

with a beautiful dress on and slowly sipping on your champagne..

need bottle at a point

I love roses, I love jasmine, I love neroli. I should love this scent more, but it's very light on me--perhaps it's one I need to slather rather than swipe.

I put some in an atomizer, and it makes a fantastic room spray. It's my going to sleep blend, so soothing and rich and lasts in the air quite some time.

Imp: Strong heady, bitter, jasmine. (a bit hesitant in applying as I've had horrible luck with the lab's jasmine)

Wet: Jasmine and neroli. There's not much throw, but boy is it bitter.

Drydown: The scent has mellowed and sweetened. The jasmine is no longer in my face. It's become a golden brown scent.

Overall: I think that this is too heady for me. The lab's jasmine strikes again. :ack:

In bottle: Strong and floral, but there’s a note in here I like and don’t know how to identify. Is it citrus? It smells bright and fresh.

On me, wet: Strong, kind of harsh, offensively perfumey. JASMINE, j’accuse!

On me, drying: As it dries a bit, it mellows, becomes more floral and less intolerably perfumey. It develops a powdery aspect. The bright citrusy note I could smell in the bottle (mandarin?) is sadly not present on my skin, so this smells kind of generically “like perfume,” even if it no longer makes me want to rip my nose off my face. It’s also making my headache worse.

In summation: Had to wash this off early because my headache was getting bad. I doubt that I'll feel moved to test it again. Not for me.

Imp: Rose, jasmine and a touch of citrus.

Wet: More rose, more citrus. Jasmine recedes. Getting a hint of myrrh. Some of that Arabian musk, too. Reminds me a touch of Othello.

Dry: Pretty. Rosy jasmine with myrrh, musk and a hint of bergamot. Mandarin kind of disappears. Very, very light and skin close. It's not really singing on my skin, however. This is a little bland. It's the sort of scent I'd wear so I could wear scent but it's unlikely that anyone else would notice or care that I was.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: Not really working with my chemistry to make it embody its inspiration. Will use the imp up but have no need or desire for a bottle.

In the imp: a deep, dusky, sensual rose.

on the wrist: the myrrh comes through quite quickly, making it sticky and citrus. I'm hardly getting any rose. Sob. On drydown, there's the vaguest note of rose wafting in the background, but I really have to partially inhale my wrist to get it.

After an hour: the rose comes through, and so does the musk. This is really a scent that morphs around a common theme. Theme & variations, if you will. Unfortunately, I had to wash my hands, so it's faded.

I think it's really lovely. I'm not sure it's me, however. And the slight headache I have may be accentuating that.

Wow, a rose I can wear, normally I amp up the rose to a biting level, single note status. Not here.

To begin it has a hint of orange amongst the soft rose, the jasmine is a mild trace like it wafted over on a warm breeze from across your garden as you place your face into a sweet, dark, velvety, double petaled, scented rose. The rose to me is very "real" as opposed to the strong pot pourris oil I usually turn it into.

It's a close to the skin scent, I can imagine it being very calming as a bedtime scent, or a very beautiful evening scent, that is sexy without screaming sex (yes I am thinking of you, Muse), enticing but classy, but not in a cold way.

This doesn't work for me. It gives me a headache. I think it's the Jasmine. I get the same headache from Delight.

In the bottle: red roses and pale jasmine, with a slightly bitter undertone. On my skin: Whoa. Powerful rose, which gives way to jasmine, which blends into a sweet, musky powdery, soapy smell. It settles a bit as it dries and I can catch a vague hint of mandarin, but this remains entirely too floral for me. Even the musk - which I expected to ground and contain the roses and jasmine - only seems to emphasize the sweetness of the florals. This is not for me. :(

In bottle: Given the rose and citrus combination, there is no point in skin testing this. The rose is dominant, but blends beautifully with the myrrh. The mandarin and bergamot do a lovely job of grabbing attention and adding interest to the effect. The over all effect is sensual and womanly, in keeping with the concept.

This is exquisite! A perfect blend of a floral/resin/spicy blend rolled into one. This would be very pretty on either a male or female. I can pick out the myrrh and the rose, but there is something else in there that's really pretty that I can't put a name to. This has a certain "golden" feel to it, and its very sexy. I like this a lot, I don"t know why I waited so long to try it!

I thought this was going to be terrible jasmine from the way the imp wafted, but interestingly enough Rapture has settled down into a sweeter, more wearable floral. It's not really my style though.

Bottle Sniff This is all soft naricissus in the bottle which must be the roses and musk intertwined, as all I can smell is jonquils and something akin to anais anais.

Wet It immediately explodes onto my skin as a soft, sweet floral that oddly smells nothing like roses at all. Again all I get is jonquils. I love that smell too but continue to wonder why such a heavy rose scent smells absolutely nothing like roses. Musks, I've come to realise smell incredibly animalic on me and Arabian musk has a tiny drop of that furry animal thing about it. Yet it mellows on my skin so much that it must be one of the mildest musks around. It is very warm and almost sweet, so if you can't usually wear musk you might be able to wear this Arabian musk.

Drydown This scent is very powerful on me, as I only got the tiniest amount on my skin that leaked from the imp and it smelt strong. So if you have similar skin chemistry and want a loud, long lasting one this might work for you. It's sweet without being sugary and is a pretty floral bouquet. I still don't smell any rose at all, just a non-descript flower smell. I like this scent but it doesn't grab me a great deal. It has a soft glow about it, rather than an edge.

Bottle: Jasmine

Wet: sharp green floral, Iris maybe?

Dry: Hm..the citrus seems to be hiding, and the floral isn't going anywhere except for a gradual decline into baby powder flowers.

In the imp: Sharp florals

Wet: Very sharp. It's almost green when first applied, but everything is clamoring to be smelled at once. I got a hint of the rose, then a moment later the night florals came out to play.

Drydown: mmm, the spicyness really comes out, and the blend stops shifting so fast. The mandarin stays at the front of the blend. There are definitely florals underneath, almost soapy. The florals are very white, and they're blended so well I can't pick out individual flowers. It's cloying though, and I'm not sure I like it. As time passes, the mandarin tones down leaving the flowers. Within an hour it's at a powdery stage, but I'm not sure it's going to stay this way.

Dry: Mmm the jasmine is coming to the forefront now.

Conclusion: I'm honestly not sure I like this. I'm going to have to try this again, to see if it changes on the day. I LOVE florals, but it seems that's not a love shared by my skin. We'll see how it wears throughout the day.

Initially this reminded me of AP's Maitresse. After a few wears I now think it's way better.

From the bottle and wet it's a balanced floral - I can smell jasmine, rose and neroli. The mandarin provides a soft citrus edge.

As it dries down the musk comes out to play giving the florals a very sexy edge.

I get average staying power and throw from this blend.

I'm very glad to have a 5ml of this. It's very sexy and feminine.

Musk and myrrh. Oh, come on, please, let the citrus and the rose come out to play with the musk... On my skin, the citrus and the rose come up a bit more, but the myrrh's still pretty strong. We'll see what this does. Fades down to generic rose. Ehh. Swaps/sales.

Edited by Venneh

This is a high, cool and clear floral in the vial with lots of lovely jasmine throughout the scent - it's just gorgeous. On my skin, it changes greatly, becoming more like a warm, dark rose soap with hints of mandarin and bergamot behind the rose. After an hour or so, it changes again to become a lovely, sweet musky floral.

In the imp: Smells like a hippy shop. Heavy florals (Jasmine, mainly) and heavy dark musks. Smells like Nag Champa (I think that's how you smell it), like one of those tables on the street where a guy sells incense and burns heavy smelling oils. I really don't like that smell. It smells dirty and is giving me a headache.

Wet: Same as in imp. Giving me a headache.

Dry: Have to wash this off.

Overall: Smells very, very heavy and dirty to me. It's difficult to wash off, I scrubbed and scrubbed and it's still there! :ack: Definitely not for me!

This is so pretty! I'm not getting any citrus notes at all (fine by me) unless they are contributing to the starry feel of the scent. This is a sweet floral, but not cloying at all, and it has a definite nighttime quality to it, sitting outside on a clear, cool, starry night with the sent of flowers wafting through the air.