Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

MORI GIRL
Forest tuberose, woodland mosses, wisteria blossoms, hime wood, night-blooming jasmine, and honey dust.

Those that liked weeping branches will probably like this. The tuberose is the first note I get, followed by wisteria and jasmine. After some hours, the tuberose really steps down, and it seems more of a spicy jasmine and powdery-bright wisteria. It finishes with a slightly powdery non-descript floral.

I second the Weeping Branches Moon comparison, and I'll add that it's a cousin to Hanami and Sakura spray as well, except with tuberose instead of cherry blossom. Wisteria and tuberose are the first notes to make themselves evident, and what was unmistakably honey, which reminded me of the Honey hair gloss; this must be one of the honeys from there. It's a lighter honey to my nose rather than the really thick dark type, but really pretty all the same. The wisteria, honey and tuberose are really at the forefront of this on my skin, with whispers of jasmine backed softly by the wood and moss. Much love to my wonderful Anime Expo fairy for grabbing a bottle of this for me. :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

Got to be square with you, kids, I cannot bring myself to test this one on my skin. A)It is a gift and that would be a little tacky (though clearly I am curious enough to sniff it, so I wonder how far that excuse goes.) and B)It is chock-full of death notes for me; the only thing here that I actually like in my perfumes/on my skin is the honey. But I'll tell you how it smells to me while safely remaining in the bottle, and I'm betting my peep will love it, both as a mori girl fashion fiend and as a lover of most of these notes. :)

--

From my nose, politely: a haiku

sweet floral mosses

grace the spring forest floor

bowers of pale blooms

--

From my nose, honestly: a tanka

reeking of tuberose

I cannot sniff but to wince

jasmine assaulting

moss and AUGH WISTERIA

this perfume is not for me

--

I sure bet this one would be beautiful on someone else, though. :D If you are aiming for it, be sure you like slightly woodsy florals. It's pretty suitable for the style, too, a little fairy tale and a little forest and a lot vague and pastel browns and greens. If you like your perfumes spicy, foody, or resinous, please look elsewhere.

This batch was pretty nice for variety, I have to say. A little something for everyone. Except me. ;)

In bottle: okay, whoa. FLORAL, Y HALLO THAR. Tuberose, jasmine, and a myriad of blossoms. I do sense the mosses giving this a bit of depth. I feel I have smelled this scent before--only I'm not entirely too sure where. Maybe it is my childhood speaking to me, when I used to hoard collect scented stationery. *shrug*

Wet on skin: this goes lighter on my skin, and the flowers kind of back off a bit. It's definitely a flowers and mosses sort of scent: if it weren't for the moss note, this would be SCREAMINGLY floral. As it dries on my skin, I think I'm starting to get a hint of the wood note. Don't by shy, hime wood. Don't let the flowers bully you.

Dry: mosses and wood and flowers; the most prominent flowers to me are tuberose and jasmine. At this stage, with a chunk of those floral notes burned off, this is a LOT easier to smell, and is quite lovely in this phase, with the gorgeous woods and mosses coming out to give some much-needed depth. I don't know if aging will smooth out the cacophony of flowers here, but maybe?

Verdict: could probably use some aging. I think I will hang on to my bottle, and see how it ages further down the line. I'm not hoping for much, though--this kind of reminds me of Touched Twice and the white chocolate 13 earlier this year: lots of flowers I hoped would smooth out, but they never really smoothed out ENOUGH for me.

7562730082_5e8746a79c_o.png 7562730238_ea0f4b2760_o.png

Ugh.. this is disastrous on me. No big surprise really, since it has my arch nemesis jasmine in it, but.. ugh :thud:

Straight away I'm hit with a blast of sharp, raucous jasmine which immediately turns to stinky-poo smell on my skin. It takes about 5 minutes for the poo assault to calm down, and then I find the wisteria - beautiful, sweet and syrupy - gorgeous, but oh so fleeting - it only peeks its head out for a moment before jasmine bullies it away. This is how it goes for me:

*dab dab*

J: OH HI I'M JASMINE! *puffs chest* LOOK AT ME!! *waves arms* LOOOOOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEE!!! *struts around*

W: Uh.. hello? *peeks around tentatively* I'm wisteria - may I come out? I'm pretty, I'm sweet, I'd like to be here too if you don't mi..

J: GTFO WISTERIA! THERE'S NO ROOM HERE FOR YOUR PRETTINESS! *grabs tuberose* C'MON BUDDY, LET'S STINK THIS PLACE OUT!! MWAAAAHAHAHA!!!!!

W: Oh... ok.. *hangs head* I'll go away then.

I get the forest feel from the woods and mosses, but the tuberose is another of the white florals family that is not my friend.. so unfortunately all the nice woodsy tones are just overwhelmed by the jasmine+tuberose combo of poo doom. The honey doesn't come out for a while, but when it does it's quite nice - soft and dusky, but no match for the aforementioned stinkfest of the florals.

Mori Girl, sorry.. but I must bid you farewell for my skin has made you smell like the public toilets at the bog of eternal stench.

^^^ LOL!

Woah this is heady. Actually I'm not getting a lot of jasmine when it's wet it is getting drowned out by tuberose, wisteria and woods. And it's saying something when even jasmine is getting drowned out. :eek:

A little goes a long way, I think I've overdone it a bit though a headache is threatening to come up.

This is a nice scent but I'll need to retest it when I'm not so headache-prone.

Alright time for that retest. Still a heady, kind of waxy floral. Tuberose with jasmine and heavy woods, giant blooms of jasmine actually. It's a very in your face kind of scent.

It does calm down a little when it's dry but it stays oddly waxy.

Edited by Monday

In the bottle and on my skin, this is like honey dusted tuberose and dry, grounding oakmoss.

I thought that this scent would be awful on me, because I don't usually enjoy bpal's tuberose, jasmine or honey notes, but the florals don't turn as sharp as they usually do and the honey dust doesn't smell like bpal's usual realistic honey note. It smells like a sugary honey dusting powder with dry greenery and dry florals.

Mori Girl smells very sophisticated and sensual on me, actually, like an expensive floral perfume dusted with sexy, glittery honey powder. The woodland mosses, I think, are giving off a sandalwood and oakmoss feel on me that is lovely and adds a beautiful forest feel to the base of the scent.

Reminds me of Solstice Scents' Savannah fragrance (which is also tuberose & moss) and Possets' Melanie (ferns and musk) more than any other bpal blend I own. Very beautiful <3.

Wisteria, jasmine and tuberose. This is a dusty, dry sort of floral (probably because of the oak moss).

Dries down to a mossy, slightly floral blend.

PASS.

Tropical blend here, I'm getting lots of tuberose, but that's OK, I like the VERY occasional tropical blend once in awhile. It kind of reminds me of Pele, or maybe it's Chuparosa. Whatever it is, though, it does fade pretty quickly, and it is kind of dusty, like ZZ noted, and I wear these blends so seldom, it's not worth it to seek out more. Thanks to Sarah for the tester!!

In the Bottle (ITB): I get wisteria, jasmine, and a softer, sweeter note. I assume this is the honey powder. It is rather feminine, although a bit more floral than I had originally anticipated.

Wet: Wow, the wisteria is very strong on my skin and reads a little synthetic. However, the jasmine underneath keeps in from being too overwhelming. I don't get any more of the honey, but I think I get touches of moss.

Dry: I get a little cream note from the honey dust I think, but I still get mostly gardenia and jasmine with a touch of moss. It's pretty, but I like I think Boystyle better out of the 4 event exclusives.

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed. I kind of went out on a limb for it, because even though I'm good with honey and night-blooming jasmine, wisteria and various woods can be problematic.

In the bottle: Rich dark floral with honey and wood. Smells very deep and intensely floral but without being headachy or cloying. Of all four AnimeCon exclusives, this one appeals to me most from the bottle.

Wet: Oh that's lovely. The jasmine and wisteria have melded into one floral note which the honey enriches. I seem to have a blind spot for the scent of tuberose, though; I can never identify it in a perfume. I don't know if this is going to work on my skin or not, but right now it's giving the impression that it could be quite wonderful if it matures in the right direction.

Two hours: Dark, definitely dark and woody, but also jasminey with a touch of honey. I can't decide whether it's too woody or whether it's just perfect. It's definitely one of the best expressions of night-blooming jasmine I've tried, if not the best. [Except that later Blauer Mond came out even better on me. But still, it's very very good on me.]

Twelve hours: I kept huffing this one all day. It is such a delightfully shady, almost somber expression of the florals. The tinge of honey stayed present the whole time but never turned it into a honey scent.

Of all the AnimeCon scents, this is the one that liked my skin best. It's the only one of the four I'm keeping.

This is mostly honeyed jasmine and woods on me, which is good because I was really worried about the wisteria as its one of my death notes. The scent is familiar and reminds me of a few other bpal jasmine wood blends, but this one thankfully didn't turn on me like the others did. I really enjoy jasmine some days and find this blend particularly soothing and femenine, very much aromatherapy. I like this one! :)

i like the jasmine here in mori girl more than i thought i would. combined with the honey dust, it reminds me a little of lush's flying fox, but softer and gentler. overall, though, this is just too floral for me.