Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

This strikes me as a refreshing breeze of a scent, mostly grapefruit but my imp is brand new. There was just a little sweetness of other notes backing it up, but mostly it was grapefruit spray from the peel. Kind of bracing. It didn't change on me over time. I like this but I already have F5 and I don't wear that much. Baobhan Sith is roughly in the same category in my opinion, so I wouldn't really need more of this and may not keep the imp. However, I think over time some of the other notes might come out and the citrus might back off a little bit.

This is a very refreshing scent, one that I would put on if I was trying to get out of bed in the morning. The grapefruit is very intense, with a hint of the ginger and the white tea. There is a hint of something light and fruity, which is the apple blossom I guess, but it never really comes out over the grapefruit. This scent is delicious though, perfect for hot sticky summer days.

Mmm, this is a very light scent on me, but very nice. It's a very non-offending florally citrus, more like an almost-floral (from the white tea and apple blossom I guess). I couldn't really get any distinct notes from it aside from the grapefruit. It made me feel like it was a beautiful spring day and I was catching whiffs of an orchard or garden on the soft breeze. The scent is very light though, I think if I wanted to smell it more I'd have to slather it, not that I'd have a problem with that :P

Bottom line: Sophisticated and Springy.

I got three distinct stages from this one.

The first lasted maybe ten or fifteen minutes. During this stage, I could smell lots of the grapefruit (ripe pink grapefruits at that) and a bit of the apple blossom. Overall, it was a relatively sweet smell.

The second lasted a couple of hours. During this stage, I could mostly smell the tea and a lot of ginger, with very faint hints of the grapefruit and apple blossom. It was a very definitively yellowish-green smell. It smelled nice, but a bit more . . . something . . . than I had in mind. I'd have to be a very specific mood if I wanted to smell this way.

I've reached the third stage, and I don't think it's going to go much further than this. I'm not sure how much longer it will last. There's just a very faint sweet smell of apple blossom.

Overall, while I like it, I don't like it as much as I'd hoped too. I put it on before church and by mid-afternoon there's almost nothing left. I like all of the scents, but I'd have liked it better, if I'd gotten them a little more mixed, rather than one or two at a time.

In the imp, this is a sparkly grapefruit with something light on the side.

Wet, it's grapefruit with a dark, bitter edge - a deep sniff has an "aftersniff" of ginger to it.

As it dries, it's morphing into grapefruit Pledge with a side of burnt ginger. I almost wish the apple blossom would take over like most all florals do to me.

Although, having let it sit for a few more minutes, the pledge end of it is fading and it's taking away the burnt ginger. If it stays like this, we'll be okay.

Not a bad scent, overall, just not one I'll be reaching for too often.

edits: ugh ugh ugh it's going pledge-y again - I'm washing this sucker off x_x

Edited by crazyredhead17

Frimp :P

This starts out fresh and pretty, a mix of green apple and sweet grapefruit. It becomes rather non-descript I'm afraid on the dry-down, and with a wierd funky background note. Is it the white tea? Swapping.

Out of the imp it reminded me a little of fresh white lilacs for some reason. Underneath that I could smell the light ginger and white tea (reminiscent of Maiden - spicy because of the carnation), plus the grapefruit's astringent tang.

A little softening with the drydown on my skin; the notes have blended into a light breezy-feeling smell, like gauzy white curtains billowing with a soft summer wind. It's lovely - not fruity or floral, just a beautiful blend. Something about it still reminds me of lilacs, but I guess that's how my nose insists on interpreting apple blossom.

white Woman -- unearthly beauty -- hypnotic dance: I'd say these qualities were captured perfectly. Amazing work, Beth.

Late drydown: there isn't a whole lot of change from early to late drydown, and it has a pretty good staying power. Lovely, and certainly a keeper.

This was one of the first imps I ever tested out, just never got time to write a review for it. Well, I re-tested it today and decided it's just not for me. It's a very, very light scent; so light that I have to get my nose right up to my wrist to smell it. Best I can describe the scent is clear water mixed with bitter grapefruit. Refreshing, just not something I would wear, but I'll experiment with linen sprays and the like.

From online sale....no idea what vintage this is....

In imp.....Grapefruit and a whiff of something floral.

On Wet.....Grapefruit and the floral now smells just like lilacs to me. Fresh lilacs like the rain washed ones I used to pick off the bush for my mother when I was a little girl and we had bushes of them in our yard! Yum! Same realistic floral smell....even get a hint of the woodyness of the branches..........sigh....I LOVE this! and I'm not even a big floral fan! Not smelling ginger at all. The grapefruit fades....shame as I'm a big fan of grapefruit, but I love the floral smell.

Dry down....lilac smell lasts about an hour and then vanishes! Huh!? Where'd it go? I caught whiffs of floral from my clothes here and there throughout the night....but no scent left on my skin at all! Not even a trace! WAAAAAAAA!!!!! :P

Verdict...I LOVE this scent and it is a perfect spring scent, but it vanishes almost immediately. I might have to get a scent locket JUST for this scent alone!!!

Bottle: It's pretty crisp, almost grapefruit, but not the actual fruit. It smells more like grapefruit peel than anything. I can kind of pick up a little bit of the apple blossom, too.

Application: The grapefruit is still there, but the apple blossom is coming out and it's turning mildly floral on me. It's not an "in your face" floral, though, which is good because that would make me sneeze. It's more like a light floral with a citrusy tang to it.

Dry: It started to turn powdery on me. I lost all of the citrus and now it's just floral powder. It's still a very light scent and not overbearing. It also doesn't last long on me at all, which I'm grateful for at this point.

I really liked it at first. The grapefruit was refreshing, and I didn't even mind the mild floral scent that came out with it. However, I'm rather disappointed because the apple blossom came out too much and overpowered the other notes. I was hoping the grapefruit and the tea would make a nice blend and be accented by the apple blossom and ginger. I'm not a fan of floral scents, especially when they turn powdery.

clean, sharp grapefruit and ginger notes. this will wake you up and clear your sinuses for sure! the apple blossom sweetens it up a bit. cheerful and refreshing. a bright spring/summer scent.

This one was, very sadly, a disappointment. It's clean, it's refreshing, it smells of sweet lemon. But it is way too mild. Why can't a fresh, ginger blend smell like it means it??

As soon as I opened the vial, I remembered why I'd picked this scent, although the name had meant nothing to me. The grapefruit scent was perfect, a full and wonderful citrus. I smelled nothing but grapefruit in the vial, and maybe a little extra sweetness.

Wet on my skin, the grapefruit still held court, with the apple blossom creating a creamy floral smell underneath.

Now that I've had it on for ten minutes or so, the apple blossom is most prominent, the grapefruit has blended into the other scents. A slight spiciness hints at the white tea and ginger.

Oh, but this is wonderful! This may be my perfect scent!

Grrr, but it faded so quickly! Maybe an hour and a half later, I smelled nothing at all. Sad.

Edited by PersephonesChild

On my last order, I decided to get all sorts of scents with tea notes to them, so that's why I got this. I had tried several black tea blends and a couple green tea, but never white-- white tea is pretty floral and light, so it was hard to detect somewhat.

In the imp, it was light and citrus. On my skin the first bright citrus scent reminded me somewhat of Yuki-Onna, only somehow both lighter and more acrid. This was the only real note for a few minutes, until a darker smell came up from behind. Then it was lemon pledge with an undercurrent of those Black & Mild cigars that they sell in grocery stores-- kind of a sweet floral smell with a darker tobacco edge underneath. It faded in potency really quickly, but lingered very lightly for at least six or seven hours.

It's not bad, but it's kind of nondescript after a little while, so I don't think this would be a bottle buy for me.

This is a scent that I have been meaning to try for some time. (Grapefruit and apple are among my favorite notes. I’m really looking forward to this.)

Initially, this is fruity, but sharp. It’s like smelling the grated rind of a grapefruit with a pile of apple peels in the background. The apples fade after a moment, but the grapefruit remains. This is clear, high-pitched, and unsubtle: a bolt of grapefruit to the brain.

(Side note: I found myself suddenly wondering why we call grapefruit "grapefruit" when they have nothing to do with grapes. It turns out that grapefruit trees grow their fruit in clusters, and that unripe grapefruit on the branch -- when coupled with a vivid imagination -- looks something like giant bunches of grapes. Or so claims the Internet. And now I know.)

This is not a single-note scent; if I concentrate, I can pick up the complexity, but it all supports the white grapefruit. The tea is slightly under it; it’s a very similar tea to that found in Embalming Fluid. The ginger is a faint tingle, and the apple keeps it from being too sharp. Everything revolves around the grapefruit.

This is undeniably a great grapefruit scent, but I’m just not thrilled by it. I think it’s because it seems very aloof and reserved... it’s a cold, tense, calculating scent. I would like to have a bit more of the apple manifest, as I think it would reduce the ice wall that this scent projects. Maybe I should experiment with layering Baobhan Sith and Poisoned Apple... hmm.

Very grapefruit-y, but in a very harsh, muted sort of way. It doesn't feel fresh or natural to me in any sense - I mean, it doesn't smell FAKE, it just smells kind of... not-grapefruit. Really, really weird.

Fades off my skin pretty quickly too, which, meh.

Almost completely single note grapefruit only without being too tangy. It's light and refreshing and am buying a bottle right now! Perfect for summer!

Oooh, this is a beautiful grapefruit blend. There's just the barest hint of tea underneath.

It's whispery, and fades to a very soft scent close to the skin. This is definitely a summer blend, and while it doesn't really capture the brutal nature of the creatures that inspired it, it does have an ethereal quality.

Really fresh and lovely. If it lingered with more bite, it might be a bottle, but for now I'll just enjoy the imp and see how I feel when the hot weather hits.

EDIT: I have used this since, and fallen utterly in LOVE with it. Wow, this has gone from "nice" to MUST HAVE. I find myself reaching for it often. Big bottle, absolutely!!

Edited by funkmoppet

I've been having the worst luck with my last BPAL batch - this went to citrus-scented sink cleaner on my skin. I imagine the grapefruit held true, but something else gave it the funky chemical tinge, because the other grapefruit blend I tried (Cheshire Cat) worked pretty well...

I LOVE this one! Which shouldn't surprise me at all, since I love citrus, ginger, tea, and apple notes, but I am really ecstatic over it. Just like neuilly said, it's perfect for summer, and I was really on a desperate quest this order for a good summer-appropriate scent. I don't recall ever being so immediately gaga over a scent...I feel like drooling Homer Simpson every time I sniff it.

In the imp: Tart, delicious grapefruit, sweetened lightly by the apple blossom, with the barest hint of ginger in the background.

Wet/Drydown: Juicy grapefruit and apple. Smells like a fruit salad made of the two fruits, very fresh and juicy. The tart grapefruit note backs off pretty quickly and is replaced by the tea. Ah, now that tartness is back, but it’s not as juicy as before. I get the ginger too, but it’s more of a suggestion of ginger, rather than a full-blown note – a hint of spice.

Dry: The tartness and citrus is pretty much all gone, leaving Baobhan Sith as a gentle tea and apple blossom scent. It’s pretty, but I think I’ll experiment with layering with this one. Maybe a grapefruit EO, or something with more ginger. I’m not ready to give up on her just yet!

In the bottle: someone is trying to murder me with a bottle of grapefruit floor wax.

On my wrist: now they're spraying my corpse with floral scented Lysol. I don't think that will fool the K-9 unit.

Drydown: Hotel air-freshener. My corpse has been abandoned in a Motel 6.

I'm menstruating au mome, but when I wasn't, I adored this scent - it was grapefruit with glorious breadth and gorgeous depth. None of the other notes were identifiable but they were a lovely collective supporting cast. At this point in my cycle it crawls into my sinuses and does a chachacha in shoes made of grapefuit peel. Ah, womanhood.

In the bottle, Baobhan Sith is very strong grapefruit and apple with faint wisps of ginger in the background. I am really not a big fan of grapefruit, so was a little apprehensive at first of what this would be after the dry down phase. But, I was really pleasantly surprised when the grapefruit turned out to be very mild and the ginger was just delicately there. I really could not detect the apple at all. This is the perfect summer blend-it turned out much better than I had hoped!

Wet it smells like grapefruit peel but it pales down and I catch whiffs of ginger and apple somewhere in there.

It's a gives you a good kick in the butt so I'll definitely be using it in the morning when I'm dead exhausted and have to be at Uni/work.

In the imp: Reminds me of sticking my face in a huge, creamy magnolia blossom. The Southern magnolias, that smell like just a hint of citrus...

Wet on me: The ginger in Sudha Segara was too strong for me, but this is bliss. Just a hint of beautiful ginger iced tea -- and grapefruit, which I love, sweetened by apple blossom. Very different from the juicy pink bitter grapefruit of Aizen-Myoo (grapefruit and black tea.)

After five minutes: It becomes a little less sweet, sharpened by the white tea. The apple seems to have faded. Grapefruit is still dominant, along with the ginger, which is still not too hot.

Drydown: Light and pleasant grapefruit-ginger.

Smells like something I'd wear out to a posh brunch along with a white dress and gloves :P