Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

I thought I'd love this from the description, but sadly, all I get is citrussy powder. :P

It's not offensive, but it's not something I need to keep in my collection.

first sniff- no grapefruit at all. :D a light floral to my nose, which is incredibly untrained, i'll admit.

wet- rose?!?! where on earth did that come from?

dry- a nice commercial scent on my skin. :P i had such high hopes for this one, what with the grapefruit and the ginger. neither comes out for me at all. i get a small whiff of the white tea, but it's really just a mishmash of florals for me.

The main scent when I opened the imp and upon first applying was grapefruit, with a bit of ginger peeking through. Later on it smelled like gingery flowers. Didn't last very long, but I really liked this one.

:P

I wanted it for the tea and grapefruit.

The scent made me taste cleaning fluid in my mouth all day. Ick.

I guess this will be swapped or used as a room scent.

*sniff*

In the imp: gingery pink grapefruit and tea, sweet and sharp and very pretty.

On me, wet: gingery grapefruit, with an undertone of oversweet dark sugar. Weird and bittersweet.

On me, dry: cleansing fluid and sugar. Actually slightly better than when wet, but still not something I want to smell like.

Verdict: Meh. Swap pile!

Very citrus-y, along with some tea and ginger to spice it up. I like the blend a lot. It's freshing yet warm. I'll keep the imp but not bottle worthy.

I like this one. In the bottle, all I smell is grapefruit. On, wet, it's strong grapefruit and the floral of the apple blossoms.

My skin seems to soak this right up. Once dry, it's very subtly floral with a citrus tang to tame it. I don't smell the ginger or tea at all, unfortunately.

It's a nice light everyday sort of scent for me. Also, the first day I wore it was also the first day any other parents spoke to me at my daughter's preschool. :P So maybe it makes me seem nicer and more approachable than normal. Ha! (Probably coincidence.)

It's a good thing I tend to like masculine blends best, because most of the feminine ones I've tried turn nasty on me. In the bottle I liked this - it was a blend of fresh, tart fruits and ginger. Right after putting it on, it immediately turned into something boring and commercial smelling - and over time it got more and more toxic smelling, and started giving me a headache. Had trouble getting it off, too. :P

In the Imp: A very light floral that even right up against my nose I can hardly notice.

Initial Wet: Very floral quickly turning to soap.

Initial Dry: Floral bathroom soap.

Drier Dry: Floral bathroom soap.

Bleh. I knew I ordered this for a reason, but I put it on not remembering the notes. I was very surprised when I re-read the description. No tea, no ginger, maybe only the barest hint of grapefruit. All I can think is that the apple blossom consumed everything else and then exploded.

Why did I wait so long to try Baobhan Sith? This is really nice. I smell waxy white petals with just a hint of grapefruit and white tea. It's a very fragile-smelling blend.

It doesn't last very long on me, but maybe next spring I'll put my imp's worth into my scent locket and enjoy it that way.

At first, I thought I was going to be able to resist the pull of Baobhan Sith.

In the Bottle and Wet: Initially, it smells quite similar to my beloved Aizen-Myoo, only slightly more ascerbic (grapefruit vs. yuzu) and a little more . . . ordinary? I think the latter quality is due to the white tea (the scent of the Westin and all that).

Drydown: The grapefruit disappears, and this goes through a powdery white floral phase. This is probably my least fave, but it's over pretty fast (about five minutes on me). Then, the powder sort of gets gingery, the tea asserts itself more and the apple blossom blends with the rest of the fragrance.

Dry: The only note that really wafts is the ginger :D . If I sniff my wrist, I can smell the rest of the blend (mostly apple blossom and white tea); I'm sure it's also wafting slightly and contributing to how much I freaking love this perfume :P. On me, this lasts and lasts (at least eight hours, with a skin scent lingering longer). It's mostly a personal scent, doesn't have a huge amount of throw, but that, in my opinion, is a small sacrifice.

Very much bottle worthy. I'm picky, and before Baobhan Sith I had a top two (the aforementioned Aizen-Myoo and Voodoo). But now, I am proudly able to expand to a top three. :D

Baobhan Sith-

In Bottle: Citrus. I would have said orange-lime if I didn't know it was grapefruit.

Wet: Now it's lemony. Lemon furniture polish lemony.

Dry: I'm starting to smell the tea as the "furniture polish" dies down. Much prettier now! This is really such a "white tea" smell, and it's clean and sharp and quite cruel and lovely. Very apt name. This one will make me a little nervous to wear it; it makes me feel like a cast-iron stomp-on-your-face-with-my-high-heels bitch.

Overall: Conditional but very neat.

When I started investigating BPAL, I went for the patchouli type scents because I LOVE patchouli like no one's business. But as it turns out I don't always love it on me. I branched out and voila - have discovered tea smells as good as it tastes :P

When I'm wearing Baobhan Sith (which I just love pronouncing, my Gaelic is getting better) I can't stop sniffing myself. I get tea, and weirdly something that reminds me of lilac (not crappy artificial old lady lilac but of the actual tree). I think it might be the apple blossoms but I'm not sure. This scent just smells individual to me, and I LOVE it. It just makes me smile :D

First whiff out of the vial is allll grapefruit :D This smells exactly like the rind of a fresh peeled grapefruit..one of my favorite things to eat :P

On my skin the grapefruit starts to fade away :'( and is replaced with something that almost smells like gardenia o_O

As this dries down there's a powdery/floral quality that comes out on my skin. What is happening?! :'( Noooo!

I'm so disappointed. This was something I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately this blend hates my skin and smells like white florals (which I hate)

ooh at first this doesn't smell all that great on me, grapefruit with a weird old-herby smell, which may be the white tea or apple blossom? but now that it's been an hour it smells beautiful warm and the ginger has come out more. i get a grapefruit-white musk feeling. very clean and summery.

In the bottle: grapefruit and tea. Very citrussy. Very, very nice. It's strong and kickin.

On my skin: basically only grapefruit… I love it even more than Cheshire cat, I think!

After a couple of hours: grapefruit or more precisely grapefruit peel.

Verdict: A perfect summer scent. Cheshire cat lasts longer though, so I can't really chose between those.

I picked this out to wear to work today... I wanted something light and summery, and I wanted to try something out of my *to be tried* pile.

In the imp I get grapefruit and a little kick of ginger, with a hint of ... floral apple? There's definitely something white tea kicking around in there too ... this is a first, I could pick out all four listed notes (:

Wet on skin, the appley part goes away, I have a white tea, ginger, and citrus scent. It's rather lovely and quite appropriate for the sunshine we got today.

Once it's dry, there isn't much throw. There's something white musk-like about it, it's more a white musk, white tea, a tiny bit of ginger, and the grapefruit's all but walked off. Still like it though (:

After ... 14 hours (I put it on before I went to work today), it's definitely disappeared from my wrists. I wish it lasted longer on my skin, cos it's rather lovely. Not that I expected anything to last 14 hours! (I can dream, right?). It'd be a bottle if only I could get it to last longer!

The first sniff: Oh, no. The dreaded stompy citrus is out in full force.

On me: Yep, there it is. I smell like furniture polish. It's not quite Lemon Pledge, but it's definitely in the same family. I think there may be some sort of floral way off in the background, but it's faint and the citrus is stomping all over it with it's stompy boots of citrusy death.

Off to the swaps. :P

* First Sniff: Grapefruit.

* On: Less stringently-citrus, more floral?

* Dry: Interesting. It's now a sort of drifty mildly-citrus floral thing, with a faint ginger undertone. Decent throw. I like it, though I can't explain why -- it's exactly the sort of 'perfume-smelling' floral I ought to detest.

* Long-Term: It turned into a pretty standard 'perfume or air freshener' scent, but again, it's like the Stepford Perfume, because I SHOULDN'T like it, but I do. It also seemed to fade really fast, but that may be nose-numbness on my part, I don't have anyone else to get input from. Almost certainly a keeper.

in the imp – sharp bite of white tea, grapefruit peel and a hint of ginger.

wet- wow, a quick spray of citrus that gets quickly overtaken by the tea. no hint of ginger or apple. the tea continues to amp up and eat the citrus

dry-down – even though the tea is a very acrid note, it does lend an air of ‘clean’ to the scent as a whole. still, not the scent i expected, or first smelled in the imp. alas, it is a quick courtship with my skin and vanishes within a couple hours.

verdict – damn my skin. :P

Light and refreshing, this is a softer version of Thymes Ginger Milk.

The opening is all about the citrus notes, with a sweetness that I assume comes from the apple blossom. The grapefruit mellows into the tea note, and the ginger never asserts itself - it's a background player here, adding warmth.

Very nice.

This is a lovely, well-balanced morpher. Everything is represented: there's a strong grapefruit scent initially, but it soon makes way for a soft, silky floral (apple blossom)? The ginger really sets off the floral, warming it like sunshine, and there's a hint of the tea, making it dewy and refreshing. Bold citrus and shy, soft floral...it's not a combination I would have thought would work. This is so wonderful!