Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

A fresh, light, and airy scent that somehow evokes sugar-sprinkled grapefruit and...hairspray. :P

I think I prefer Cheshire Cat, which seems a little more grounded.

This is a sparkling, bright blend of tea and grapefruit when first applied - a beautiful pick-me-up. It softens into mostly tea and faint floral on me soon thereafter, and since I have 5 ml of Maiden on the way I don't know that I'll get a big bottle of this too, but I am going to thoroughly enjoy the imp while it lasts. Another lovely, lovely tea blend.

In the Imp: Sweet apple blossoms and sharp grapefruit.

Wet: This is just delightful and sweet with just a bit of bite by the citrus. I don't notice the hear of the ginger at all.

Dry: In the drying stages this seems to get sweeter and more flower. There is still no ginger that I can detect. Thankfully the sweetness does reach a peak and then tapers off. The steady tea and grapefruit keep the flowery aspect in check.

Throw: Decent throw for a light scent. If I were to wear this often I think I'd tend to slather this one on just to get an initial kick of scent.

Overall: Love, love, love. It's fresh and clean and flowery and warm and just so nice. This one might inspire me to carry a decant in my purse in order to reapply during the day.

Rating: +++

In the bottle: Grapefruit, floral, ginger.

Wet: Grapefruit and sweet floral grounded by ginger.

Dry: Delicious! I couldn't have hoped for a more wonderful blend! I ordered a 10ml. This is my new #1 BPAL scent!

This is amazing. On my skin it's all white tea with soft undertones of ginger and the grapefruit keeps it crisp and bright. This really is a perfect summer scent. It's cool and bright and not too heavy. It has a moderate throw and and I've had it on for about two hours now without noticing alot of fading so I'm hopeful that it will have some good staying power.

Oooh! This is lovely, clean and sweet. The ginger is a strong base note, but the grapefruit keeps it from being too strong. As it dries, I can better discern the tea, but this is pretty much all ginger and grapefruit peel on me. A great, energizing scent.

It is cool and dim under the spreading trees, but for an occasional sunbeam filtering through. The stream is perfectly clear and sparkling. The air shares that same clarity. It is oddly quiet here, only the soft sound of my footsteps, a muted rustling of foliage, the stream’s rush of quiet laughter. From a distance, the scent of blossoms blends with the spicy aroma of dry leaves under my feet. It is a quiet joy simply to breathe in this place.

I really can't pick out the grapefruit note, although I'm sure it is what makes that sparkling effect. The apple blossom, tea and ginger blend seamlessly into something truly magical. This is a gentle scent, unobtrusive but not weak; remarkably calming, comforting, and grounding. I wore it while droppping a friend at off at the airport, and found myself walking in a little bubble of forest calm through the hubbub around me.

And on top of that, this lovely scent stayed with me for at least five hours!!! That' s a very rare experience for me to have with a floral.

On the second try, I did get that intense, sharp grapefruit scent that a few people have mentioned, and it lasted for nearly an hour before morphing back to the wonderful perfume I knew was hiding behind it. I don't know what made the difference - the two tries were only about 24 hours apart - but whatever it was, the result was entirely worth the wait.

In spite of the possiblity of occasional grapefruit ambush, I love this scent and plan to wear it often.

:P

This is a great fragrance for hot summer days. It's very fresh. I mostly get grapefruit and tea, not that much ginger. It has great staying power as well.

In the imp, Baobhan Sith is mainly ginger with grapefruit, refreshing and lovely. When I first apply it and in the initial dry-down period, it's a still a crisp ginger-grapefruit-tea scent. Then, after about 15-20 minutes, the apple blossom arises. And arises. And arises. It smells like solid apple blossom for about 2 hours, and turns into an old lady perfume scent. When the apple blossom burns off, I'm left with a very faint ginger-grapefruit scent. My ditzy body chemistry! :P I was certain that this scent would be something that I loved, but my body just wrecked it. But I love the smell of it off of my body so much, I think it would be delightful scent locket material, so I'm hanging on to my imp.

This is all biting Grapefruit in the vial. It is gorgeous though and would be wonderful in a scent locket I think.

Wet, the tea comes out a little bit but the citrusy Grapefruit note still dominates.

On drydown it is an absolutely gorgeous ginger tea scent with the citrus still there but mellowed tremendously, and a hint of floral pops out but not so much that it overpowers the gorgeous gingered tea scent. This one is truly lovely.

So lovely! Light and crisp. The tea really balances takes the edge off the bitterness of the grapefruit. It's a very subtle blend. Sadly, it is far too faint, and disappeared completely after about two hours. Very pretty though.

This was a purchased imp from the lab during my "I want something haunting, damnit!" scent kick.

Wet on skin: Oooh, a whole lotta grapefruit. Nothing but grapefruit. Do I like grapefruit? I do, I think.

5 minutes: More grapefruit! But there's some sweet note (apple?) in the background - I'm surprised it stays in the background, actually, and I think I'm smelling the beginning of ginger, my old friend.

10 minutes: Yep, ginger. Very light, but it curtails the nearly-overwhelming grapefruit a little and adds a nice warmth.

2 hours +: Lasts maybe four hours, decent throw - the overall scent is sharp grapefruit, tempered by sweet apple and warm ginger. Definitely a keeper, and possibly purchasing a 5ml when I finish the imp.

This is wonderful -grapefruit and ginger in almost the most refreshing combination I have yet sniffed from the lab!

A keeper. Definitely. If I could drink cold tea like this, I will.

In the bottle - Grapefruit and something floral (I would have said lilies). Sweet, but with a tart almost bitter background.

Wet on me - The grapefruit takes the lead, but its green almost grassy. It's fresh and clean and slightly sweet.

Dry on me - It fades pretty quickly, leaving just a faint gasp of sweetness.

Overall - I was hoping for more ginger, in the end it was nice (and similar to the early stages of Beltane 2006) but disappeared too quickly and is not really me.

Ooooohhh- sharp, sharp grapefruit. So sharp and biting you could almost cut yourself on the bottle. This is a very clear, bright fragrance that is stunning. The ginger and citrus is not a pairing I'd think of, but it's genius. This is big bottle worthy, most certainly.

Baobhan Sith - This is an absolutely gorgeous blend! I'm thrilled that it's come back into the catalog, too! The grapefruit is the dominant note, and when I first apply it, I can't detect any other notes blended with the grapefruit. However, as it dries down, other notes begin to shine through, and the blend overall becomes very white and light, as slivers of bright, white tea, crisp apple, and the bite of fresh ginger throw themselves into the mix. It's a sharp and crisp blend, yet somehow also smooth around the edges. This is a very pretty grapefruit blend, and one I can see myself wearing all year 'round. It has a nice level of throw and for me, the staying power is moderate to light.

This starts out with a strong white grapefruit smell. It's immediately different from the pink grapefruit in Cheshire Cat. Unfortunately once that faded things went all wrong. I suspect my chemistry is not suited to this because it just got sharper, sweeter and very powdery until I felt like I couldn't stand it. I tried to wait it out even though it was making me dizzy but I had to take it off with rubbing alcohol. Baobhan Sith + Me = poisonous fumes. Gah.

Juicy grapefrruit with the bite of ginger. What a fabulous combination! Unfortunately--and I've noticed that my chemistry does this to other grapefruit notes too--it has completely vanished within the hour. At least with some other grapefruit blends, what's left behind when the star of the show disappears is still pretty interesting on its own. In this case, though, grapefruit takes everyone else with her when she leaves the party. :P

In the bottle - Soft citrus , like peeling clemintines at Christmas.

Wet on skin - Ooo lovely citrus!!! With a hint of blossom.

Dry on skin - Light floral with a wonderful spicy citrus kick. Yum.

Later - Sherbet, this is how I always imagined sherbet from stories in the Arabian nights to taste. Exotic perfumed lemonade with real fruit and delicate perfumed blossomes. This one's a keeper. Glad I acquired a 10ml bottle :P)

At last...at long last...I have found my "light scent."

Kumiho is in a close second, but I really think this one is a winner. The grapefruit is very true and fresh (meaning it smells like an actual grapefruit, not candied or plasticy at all). I can get a hint of the ginger and tea underneath, reminiscent of Embalming Fluid, but mostly grapefruit.

Most of the fruity and light scents turn funky on me (R.I.P. Kuang Shi, Doormouse, Envy, Suhda Segara, and Embalming Fluid), so I'm hoping this one will stay true even after an hour. It has a bit more throw than I expected too.

Yippie!

Imp: Definitely citrus.

Wet: Yup, that's grapefruit all right -- fresh and astringent. Ooo-ee!

Dry: Hey, refreshing citrus tea with a little spice and faint tinge of floral. It's got waft and staying power, too! Could still smell it ~5 hours later. :D

Verdict: My skin ate Shanghai and Kumiho, but LOVED this one. Maybe it preferred the grapefruit? In any case, this is now THE spring/summer scent for me. Definitely going to get a bottle sometime in the winter to prepare for job interviews in the spring. Love all over here -- Beth, you are AMAZING. :P

In the vial: Almost astringent. All sharp grapefruit.

Wet: The grapefruit dominates at first, and then the other scents come in to play, their sweetness tempering the sharpness of the grapefruit.

Dry: This only lasts about an hour on me, after which my skin eats it. The scent softens somewhat - I don't get the ginger at all. My skin likes to eat ginger, I think.

I think I very well might have the oddest skin chemistry on the board.

In the imp I can clearly smell a kind of floral tea aroma. 2 of my friends got a strong citrus bite at the party. Last night I could clearly pick out the grapefruit with that tea/floral bite underneath.

I put it on.....lilac! And not fake perfume lilac, but the actual smell of being a little girl and going outside the play under huge purple cones of blossoms. It must be the grapefruit that evokes the sharp tang of fresh greenery.

This is my new Happy Place scent. :P I am just in love with it, though utterly perplexed. Am I the only one who manages to take ginger, apple blossoms, grapefruit and white tea and make them come out lilac?

Keeping the imp? Just you TRY to take this one out of my box!

Bottle: Oh yes, please.

Edited by Ghost Light

In the imp: Green and grapefruit. This smells like broken stems left in the wake of tromping through an open field, full of wild grasses and flowers. The milky white sap that oozes from some of their broken stems. I really like this scent thus far...

On the wrist, wet: Green, fresh and crisp. Very clean and refreshing. Prominent grapefruit note. This smells very similar to a White Tea & Verbena gift set that my mother purchased for me a couple years ago. I've been metering it out because I know I could never afford to replace it. Since I first tried it, it has been my guilty decadance, and now I have a scent that complements it perfectly!

On the wrist, dry: The scent stays pretty much the same on me, crisp and sweet, but not too much of either.

Final Analysis: This is definitely a big bottle! This is lovely!

Strong spicy scent when its first applied. As it wears on me though it's gone from a pinesol-ish scent to soapy floral. Ick. :-(