Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

In the imp: grapefruit

Wet: grapefruit

Dry: grapefruit

Yeah, all I could smell in this was grapefruit. I think my skin amps citrus or something. It's a very pleasant grapefruit smell, although I wish I could have smelled some of the other notes.

Baobhan Sith opens with a wave of gingery grapefruit, sweetened with red apple. Grapefruit doesn't usually excite me in fragrance (though I love the fruit), but this is a nice trio. I smell the clean white tea afterward.

The whole blends into a mostly grapefruit white tea on me after drydown (no more ginger or apple).

To me this smells too tropical to evoke its Highland namesake, but it's still a nice fragrance, good for spring.

Whew, that is some grapefruit, but not an acrid one due to the softer qualities of the white tea and apple blossom. On me, it gets surprisingly soft as it dries down. I think I will revisit this in summer.

This is going to be a summer staple for me. This is so bright and refreshing. The grapefruit isn't too bitter. The combination of grapefruit and white tea is so crisp and gorgeous. I get a little bit of fresh ginger as well, it tickles my nose a little.

Despite how much I hate the taste of grapefruits, I love the smell of grapefruits. There is something so lovely and zingy about them, matched only by bergamot, for me.

This is the lightest, fizziest, happiest grapefruit I have ever smelled. The ginger is a great combination with it; I never would have thought of it, but the extra kick of spice from the ginger compliments the acidity of the citrus so well. There's definitely some sweetness in this too, which is probably the apple blossom. The tea note is very subtle but also very smooth, and blends everything together well. Somehow I don't yet own a full size of anything with grapefruit in it, so this is probably in my future.

I ordered an imp of this scent directly from the lab, since I love citrus and grapefruit in particular!

First Sniff Impression: Oh wow, I LOVE this. It reminds me immediately of this body spray I used to have as a kid, Petite Naté (an early 90's kid-version of Jean Naté), that I was obsessed with at the time.

Wet in Vial: All four notes seem very balanced, though the grapefruit, and maybe the white tea, is slightly stronger.

Drying Down on Skin: I feel like the apple blossom and ginger must be getting stronger, because it isn't so obviously grapefruit anymore.

Dry on Skin: This one seems to stay fairly consistent from wet in vial to a couple hours later. However, it fades too fast!

Conclusion: I seriously love this. This could be another signature scent for me, if not simply because of childhood nostalgia. I might need to get a full bottle at some point. Unfortunately I don't feel like this one has much staying power, which is a shame.

I love this scent a ton. It starts with a pretty powerful grapefruit, but it quickly settles into a crisp citrus tea.

Once fully dry it stays in that grapefruit tea range with a little bit of a bite from the ginger. Not too much, just enough to keep things interesting. I think I'm getting the apple blossom, too, but it's not distinct enough to know without looking at the notes to tell what it is. It's kind of generic soft floral hovering in the back, but it works pretty nicely. Like enjoying tea out in the garden. It's truly lovely.

This is one of my favorite GC citrus scents so far. So many of them go into cleanser territory on me, but in this one the grapefruit stays bright and cheery. The supporting notes are lovely and gentle; no harsh ginger here. I don't think it reflects the source material of the Scottish vampiresses very well; on me it is very summery and upbeat. I need more!

Started out strongly grapefruit, then faded to ginger tea rather quickly. Very, very light scent. Nice for summer! Will probably not go for a bottle, but will enjoy the rest of the imp I got.

Wet, I get a lemony grapefruit with a green ginger. Can you say fresh?? It dries down to a white tea and grapefruit blend. Light sillage (or maybe I just get nose-blind to this), doesn't last very long, but it won't offend anyone and is a definite mood-booster and mind-clearer.

In the imp: grapefruit with a bit of apple blossom.

Wet: Grapefruit, but not a sour one. I walked past the old apple tree in our yard today and it's almost in full bloom so the scent of apple blossom is fresh in my mind, it may not be as present as I think but it IS there. The overall effect of the grapefruit, apple blossom, and ginger is that of a very crisp tart apple, one with the texture of a honeycrisp and the flavor of a granny smith. The tea comes in to support it and keeps it fresh.

Dry: The tea takes the lead after awhile, gently floral and ever so slightly gingery, with a twist of citrus. It's very similar to Embalming Fluid in this stage, and does the same thing where it's pretty much gone in a few short hours. But it was really nice while it lasted!

Lowish throw. Very pretty, a nice alternative to Embalming Fluid. I think I like it a bit better as the grapefruit works better on me. Guess there was a reason I got frimped this twice in one week!

Wet: WHEW, that grapefruit went straight up my nose. Grapefruit, and apple blossom!

Dry: The ginger showed up, and there's something... medicinal-smelling about the blend now. It's a bit bitter and sour smelling now as well. For some reason this combination of notes just is NOT working on me.

I get mainly grapefruit. It's a sweet juicy grapefruit. Yumm. I think I also smell the apple blossom and ginger backing it up. The ginger is very faint but I think I detect a tiny bit of spiciness. Unsure if I can detect white tea.

This isn't a winner for me because it has very little throw and it disappears incredibly quickly. The grapefruit fades so quickly and I'm left with an incredibly subtle (and not necessarily unpleasant) soapy smell. Like I'm talking a VERY short time. After 15 minutes there's no trace left. Maybe my skin magically kills grapefruit and the other notes aren't strong enough to survive on their own.

Got this with my gift of nail polish from my parents.

In bottle: GRAPEFRUIT! Smells just like my Burts Bees grapefruit makeup wipes 😛

On skin: Citrusy for sure.  I'm worried it's starting to turn to the smell of the cleaning wipes we use at my house.

After a few hours: Oh, how I wish I liked this.  Unfortunately it just smells too much like the cleaning supplies we use!  Rather than a diss on this scent I think it's a compliment to the Seventh Generation cleaning supplies, lol.  I'll try this again at some point, because it seems similar to Cheshire Cat and 51, both scents I love.

Good times! More frimps that need reviewing! 

In the imp: Grapefruit and... other things that are light and sweet. They take the edge off the bitter aspect of the grapefruit note, but they're still quite compatible with the citrus aspect of it. 

On my skin:

At first application, it's complete grapefruit, in a body acne body wash kind of way. As it dries, the white tea and ginger also come out, the tea more than the ginger. The tea actually stays on me longer than the grapefruit does. It's a really light, clean scent, though it's also fairly thin and close wearing on me. 

I was frimped this one and tried it without knowing what the notes were; sometimes I like to live dangerously.  

In the vial: the grapefruit and tea tannins were coming out strong

After 10-20 minutes: low throw, the sweetness of the apple rises to the top and I don't get much citrus at all 

This was eaten up in two hours or so; I had to get my nose right into my wrist to smell what was going on.  

It would be a great one for a younger person/ tween because there's no way to overdo the application.  This would have been a good hair glass scent or atmo scent.

Baobhan Sith is like the livelier relative of Kumiho.  Unfortunately, like Kumiho, it doesn't stick around for very long.

It's nice while it lasts with a pleasant grapefruit-apple burst at the beginning.  White tea tends to go somewhat soapy on me, and it predictably did so here, but it's not the worst thing in the world.  The ginger is a fresh, non-foody variety which I am fond of.  It lingers ultra close to the skin for several minutes before it too vanishes.

I'll certainly use up the imp, but I don't like white tea enough to want to reapply this every hour and a half or so on a regular basis.

Got my imp second hand, so not sure how old it is. Starts with a lovely, fresh blast of grapefruit, and fairly quickly goes flat. Rather than the other notes coming out to play as the grapefruit fades, they sort of mumble and then also disappear. Quite a bummer as they are all notes I like.

Wet: grapefruit and ginger (delicious!)
Dry: a very pretty light citrus blend, sharp but not overpowering. This is extremely lovely and I'l keep it in mind if I want another shimmery-bright summer scent.

Oh yeah, this imp has definitely aged because I'm not getting any grapefruit. I got a sweet apple ginger tea instead. This also is completely gone in no time at all. It faded into a somewhat clean soapy scent, probably the apple blossom doing that.

Wanted to like this more, I love the inspiration and the notes, but maybe a fresher imp will work better. 

Fresh from the lab frimp!

GRAPEFRUIT. There's a bit of crisp sugar in there as well. I can't really get much ginger, and the floral note is just a faint soapiness. Just GRAPEFRUIT.

Not my cup of tea, but thank you labbies nonetheless!

Grapefruit! But not the bitter waxy smell of grapefruit that I normally dislike. Citrus and lovely. I’m surprised as I’m not usually a fruit/citrus scent lover 

Baobhan Sith is such an interesting combination of fresh and dreamy. The bright, fresh grapefruit is definitely the main note, but the tea and apple blossom give it a lovely, slightly ethereal floral sweetness. I only get a hint of the ginger, but that tiny bit of spice keeps it from going too sweet overall. Definitely glad to have a full bottle of this one.

This is bright and soothing at the same time. The grapefruit is light and tart and crisp, and it mingles beautifully with the floral waft of apple blossoms. The white tea note is warm and soft, with floral and mineral elements that keep everything smooth and together. The ginger is a sweeter, gentler fresh ginger.

Everything in here comes together to something floral and airy and calming. Its definitely in line with some of my favorite scents, but I'm not sure if this is going to eventually be a bottle scent for me or not. It will definitely be worth future wearing and considering from the imp.