Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

Wet in imp:
light, bright, pretty - I can't quite pin down the elements involved

Wet on skin:
citrus, apple blossom and a touch of ginger

Drydown:
same as wet, but quickly takes on a sharp, bitter lemon cleaner-type smell

Wearlength:
the citrus part fades after a few hours, and the rest is faintly detectable 8 hours later

Final impression:
Gorgeous in the imp, alarming for about two hours, then beautiful apple blossom after. Edited by ivyandpeony
added coded lab description

It's definitely a mix of lemon and ginger, a very tart, sour, strident aroma. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. They are both notes that I've enjoyed in other blends, but this particular one just does not knock my socks off. Even so, if you are an afficianado of either lemon or ginger, give it a whirl. On me, the lemon came out and was more prominent, with the ginger punctuating it.

Initial impression/ Wet: Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger. Very refreshing.

Dry down: Sharp bright grapefruit and tea.

Final thoughts:Very fresh and lively.Soft citrus with ginger. Delightful! Mmmm.... Get a bottle.

Another winner. This was from an imp pack that arrived last week.

Imp:Green and grapefruitness

Wet on Me:Grapefruit on a tree in the orchard.

Barest whisper of tea and ginger

Drying Down:Sharp but pretty. Then a wee bit of

bitterness as if you had eaten the pithy part.

Dry: A citrus orchard. Faint traces of tea and ginger

but for the most part reminds of the citrus fields back home.

Completely Bottle Worthy and could be hoard worthy too!

On me, Baobhan Sith is, in order, white tea, grapefruit, ginger, and a hint of apple blossom. If I loved grapefruit, this would be great, but I don't, so I'll pass this on.

Tart grapefruit and white tea. Very sharp at first, mellowing down to citrusy smoothness. Another great complement to Bath and Body Works' White Tea and Ginger!

Octopod: I was hoping for a nice pungent grapefruit and ginger scent, but this unfortunately brings out the other two notes. This is mostly apple blossom on me, with some tea, and maybe a tiiiiiiny bit of grapefruit peel in there somewhere. Bah. It's nice, but not what I was looking for. I should try The Apothecary again, and maybe Spider as well. Or maybe...er...wait a week.

oooooooh I really love this. Orange and grapefruit seem to last a little longer than lemon on my skin (though not as long as cinnamon and strong spices), and this one just goes on beautifully. This is definitely on my top 10 list if not my top 5! It replaces Bayou, Shanghai, and Embalming Fluid as my summer church scent. :P Well, I might still use Embalming Fluid, but I really, really, REALLY love this.

In the imp: Tart grapefruit sweetened with appleblossoms

On the skin: Similar but with a slight spark of ginger. I'm still not getting the tea at this stage. The grapefruit really wafts out far from my skin...arms length away it is still quite noticeable.

Drydown: There is something else there now...I can't quite describe it just a tiny bit bitter contrasting with the apple blossom sweetness. It is beautiful on the surface but that lurking bitterness is off putting to me.

This is the most wonderful summer scent. The grapefruit is really tart and clean and backed up by a delicate floral and a hint of dryness from the tea. On full drydown the ginger peeks out a tiny bit but it's not a warm spicy ginger, it is a sharp, fresh ginger and very beautiful.

The scent hardly changed at all from imp to full dry down and lasted surprisingly long on my citrus eating skin. Aparently it has a fair throw too as a number of people comented how nice it smelled.

In The Bottle

Strong grapefruit wiht some apple blossom. I love grapefruit and (yuzu)!

On Application

Nice grapefruit. So far I love but grapefruit is ephemeral on my skin.

Dry Down

The lusciousness of the grapefruit fades a little aboout 5 minutes into the drydown to allow the tea and apple blossom to shine leaving a fresh, clean scent. And then it comes back bringing the ginger with it! Gorgeous fresh summer scent that is going on my bottle wishlist. :P

Rating (0-5)

Wet in imp: Strong impression of white tea and underlying grapefruit.

Wet on skin: Still white tea, less grapefruit. I don't get any of the apple blossom or ginger.

Dry on skin: The apple blossom has come in a little, but this scent is still fresh and delicious. I absolutely love it. It's going on my full bottle list!

In bottle/imp: Spicy grapefruit tea. Yummy!

Immediately on skin: Wow, this is strong! It smells of grapefruit and ginger iced tea, but I can feel it in my eyes and nose as I sniff it. This is a strong smelling blend.

After a little while: This is still a very strong grapefruit and ginger white tea scent, but that sharp feeling I was getting in my nose has gone away. This is not really a sweet scent. The grapefruit and ginger are rather mouth-puckering.

Overall Impressions: This is a very crisp and refreshing white tea scent with a LOT of grapefruit and ginger. The notes match surprisingly well though and really blend together nicely; I can't even really separate the citrus and spice notes. I'd say this is unisex and I'd imagine it's wonderful in hot weather.

Wet, this is strong, sweet, fresh grapefruit. I said "Mmmm" out loud as I applied it, cause it smelled so tasty. I did get a little red in the crooks of my elbows, but that went away rather quickly. Baobhan Sith perked up my sleepy brain for a few minutes - thanks, citrus!

Once it's dry, it morphs into a very mild white tea and ginger scent. It's very pretty, and soft, and fresh. But something weird happens. Every few sniffs, I get an eeeeever so slightly musty kind of smell. I can't figure it out. It's really strange, and disappointing, because otherwise I'd be into this!

Oh wow, this is really really tart grapefruit. If you're a big fan of citrus and pure tartness, then you'll probably like this.

The grapefruit is so strong that I can't make out any other notes, which is a bummer. I really like the smell, but I don't know if it's something I would wear. It reminds me of a generic Gap body spray I used to wear. Maybe if it had a little bit of floral warmth to dull the the tart edge then I would like it more.

The top note of grapefruit is lovely and juicy here and not too astringent like grapefruit can sometimes be. Dry, I'm getting a fruity gingery tea. So refreshing and so light! This would be awesome on a summer day. Seems to have a little more staying power than most citrusy blends.

In the imp it was bright and clear and acerbic, but as soon as I put it on it became (oddly enough) a big handful of lemon verbena torn straight from the plant and crushed. I love this scent -- it would be great in hot weather and also for wearing to work.

In the imp: grapefruit rind, gingered tea

Wet: Zounds! strong sharp citrus sparkle and enter the apple blossoms...

Dry: The ginger continues to spice it up....aside from the nose-tickle from the apple blossoms, this is grapefruit tea heaven for a half hour or so...lively with a slight bitterness in the drydown. After a while, I am left with fiery apple blossoms. I do believe I've been bitten! Most of the tea is way beneath a spring surge of gingered apple blossoms.

IN THE IMP: Crisp, fresh, sweet grapefruit. So pretty! And I'm not even a citrus fan.

WET: Oh, well the grapefruit has come and gone. It's all sweet, juicy apple blossom now, with a hint of tea and ginger. Completely different, but still very pretty.

DRY: Very light, sadly, but it's soft, pretty, and girly. I think I'll have to keep this!

In the imp:I smell white tea, ginger, and lemongrass. Citrussy and clean.

Wet: Very lemony. It doesn't smell like grapefruit to me, only lemon. And ginger. Very clean. Has a nice throw.

Dry: Pretty much the same as in the imp. It's lovely, clean. Good summer scent.

Overall: It's embalming fluid without the musk and it's Kumiho with staying power and better throw. I love it. I'd get a bigger bottle if it lasted longer.

In vial sweet citrussy. Wet citrussy sweet a little bit soapy. Dry citrussy and sweet and aggravating my sinuses. I have to wash this one off. This was a frimp from the lab for me so I am not too disappointed. I usually avoid grapefruit as I don't really care for it, but this grapefruit is not as shampoo like as I had feared it would be.

This is an old imp, probably about 2 years but I'm just getting around to testing it! The grapefruit is very faint at this point both in the imp and on my skin. It's more of the bitter quality of grapefruit than the tart citrusy note but that's probably the due to the age. The tea is very dominant in this when wet and then the apple blossom and a soft sweet ginger come out as it dries down. It's actually very pretty aged but lacks the citrusy feel that many of the reviews note.

I haven't tried a white tea BPAL yet. It works in a similar fashion as the green tea blends on my skin. This is really sweet and flowery with that bright and shocking tea note. Very fresh and glaringly clean smelling.

I'm not normally a big fan of citrusy scents, but this one manages to be soft enough to enjoy. In the imp, it was very sharp lemony grapefruit, and when I first put it on my skin it retained that sharpness for about two minutes before it settled down into a smoother feel. Less kitchen cleaner, more fresh lemon italian ice. It's a great energizing scent. Not my typical style but I definitely will use this one more often. I'd even consider a bottle.

4 out of 5.