Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Baobhan Sith

The ghostly White Women of the Scottish highlands. They seduce unwary travelers by night with their unearthly beauty and mesmerizing dancing. They engage their victims in a wild, hypnotic dance, and once they reach exhaustion, the demonesses exsanguinate their partners with their vampiric kiss. Talk about a quick courtship. Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

Baobhan Sith (yellow oil)

Imp: grapefruit and tea

Skin: While wet, this screams GRAPEFRUIT! Like biting into one rind and all, very acidic. Ugh! And it stays this way for a while - I can smell the tea and ginger trying to fight their way through, battling grapefruit for half and hour. After they claim their victory, the scent is round and mellow. The acidic sharpness is gone. Its really, really pretty in this stage!! However there's something in the back that doesn't work for me that leaves a trace of bitterness in my sinuses. If this wasn't there I would have considered a bottle.

Light-weight, Middle to high pitch, Summer scent. Edited by Styx

Baobhan Sith

The strongest note is fresh grapefruit and in the background there is a little bit of tea and ginger. Invigorating!

[4 - Really Like] This was a practically empty, but it smells so great that I'll definitely have to try and get a fuller imp of it to test more fully.

I wish I'd gotten around to trying this one sooner, because it's almost the perfect summer scent for me. Initially, it's totally all grapefruit, but as that note settles, the apple blossom and tea and ginger come out -- and I like this ginger. It is restrained as others have described, which is good, because I find ginger that goes crazy hurtses my head. I'll put this imp away for sunnier, warmer times. It's a keeper.

imp: grapefruit and ginger, very crisp and clean.

wet: very strong grapefruit. it smells like i've been rubbing grapefruit zest on my arm, it's that strong.

dry: the grapefruit is still brisk and bright and i'm catching notes of ginger and tea, but there is still no hint of the apple blossom though.

The description of this one won me over, and as soon I opened the imp and got beautiful grapefruit softened by tea - it was instant love! :P

On the arm, it's still all beautiful grapefruit up front, but very, very soft, thanks to the tea and apple blossom - no ginger at all in this phase.

Of course, the citrus is too good to last, but as it dries, there's still a little bit of sweet citrus, and I finally do get a bit of ginger spicyness. It's a non-laster - it only gave me about four hours or so - but it was ALL good.

Verdict: One of my new favorites!

In the bottle: Definitely smell the grapefruit and white tea. I don't know what apple blossom smells like, but I do know what ginger smells like and I can't say I'm getting that much.

Wet: Light, clean and fresh. I smell the white tea above all else.

Drydown: Very bright and pretty. It's a more complex fresh and clean scent, not your run-of-the-mill kind.

Verdict: I was at Nail Polish, etc. today and this is one of the 3 bottles I bought, so needless to say I really like it. :P

Baobhan Sith

Wet on skin: Aaagh! The grapefruit! I love grapefruit - it's the reason why I bought so many other scents with it, but this one was too much for me. :P I had originally thought it was lemon until I read the notes list.

Dry on skin: I"m glad something tamed Baobhan. At first try, I was ready to pass even though I love the story. The overpowering tangy grapefruit has given way to a sweet, subtle scent.

I'll have to try this one again when I'm not radiating the cold.

This is really pleasant. Like summer in a bottle.

Imp: citrusy and vaguely floral

Wet: Hello, grapefruit. Very bright.

Dry: Much lighter, though I didn't get a huge amount on my skin. Grapefruit & ginger. It reminds me a little bit of the Burt's Bees body wash, but without the soapy smell.

Baobhan Sith is, pure and simple, a beautiful citrus-grapefruit blend. It keeps the best part of the grapefruit fragrance yet the citrus tempers any bitterness that sometimes follows. The tea acts as a bridge between the different notes and gives this a smoothness. The ginger isn't dominant, but it's there. It adds just a touch of zing without it being spicy. It's uplifting, bright, fresh, clean, smooth. This is the perfect energizing scent and it's a must for the summer months.

Edited by alicia_stardust

yes i can smell the grapefruit. it smells like white grapefruit not the tart red grapefruit i prefer to eat. the ginger is a tingly mild underscent and the tea smells of unboiled leaves that have been crushed lightly.

on my skin the ginger dissapears at the begining only to randomly resurface as time passes and then fade away again. the tea comes to more prominence and the grapefruit really really strikes me.

I can very easily see myself wearing this.... a lot.

as for the boyo he noticed it on me but seemed to have no adverse reactions to the scent.i asked and all he said is that it smells like perfume and he thinks hes getting a mild headache but he thinks it might also be psychosomatic. he does say that it seems less noxios than most perfumes.

In Vial: strong grapefruit, citrusy. I smell lemon even though it is not mentioned in the description

Wet: Still lemony grapefruit but with more sweetness coming out. Smells like candied lemon/grapefruit. There is also the scent of a flower wafting in the background. Must be the apple blossom.

Drydown: Everything is well blended. There is no harshness of citrus but smells sweet, like a citrus flower. Very lovely.

Color: White with rays of light yellow

To me this smells like the perfect citrus scent. It is a 'clean' citrus that is hard to find. I can see myself wearing this alot in the summer.

Mmm, so good! This is another great citrus tea mix. If you like Embalming Fluid, Shanghai, or Aizen-Myoo (like I do), you will love this!

Expectations: Fresh and fruity, with a bit of spice.

In vial: Wow! Lemon. I'm sure that's really grapefruit, but it's funny that adding other ingredients makes it lemony.

On skin, wet: There's so little in the sniffie that I can just barely get a sense of what this does on my skin, but it's starting to smell more like grapefruit with a whole lot of sugar on top, how my grandpa used to eat it. Also like Pledge. The first description is more appetizing.

On skin, dry: Not enough to test, but even with this tiniest of drops it's strong and has good throw. This gives me hope for other fruity scents.

After time: Not enough to test.

Conclusion: I don't think I mind the smell, and if I ended up with a larger sample I'd give it another chance, but I wouldn't go actively seeking it.

In the bottle: Unripe grapefruit zest.

Wet: Very light. I'd have to really slather this stuff on. I think I can smell a hint of ginger now. Definitely a fresh, bright scent. There's maybe the faintest hint of floral, and an underlying plant-y smell, maybe the white tea? Still mostly grapefruit zest touched with ginger.

Dry: This scent doesn't change very much, but it also fades pretty quickly.

Summary: This is definitely a white grapefruit as opposed to pink grapefruit sort of smell. It's not very sweet at all. It's quite lovely, but evanescent.

Not worth it to me with how my skin eats it, alas.

I must have had an old imp. I didn't get any grapefruit out of this at all.

Wet: Very dry weak ginger smell on white tea.

Dry: It stayed weak ginger, dryness (maybe grapefruit pith) and a hint of white tea.

Verdict: pass. This was downright boring.

YUM!

This is the grapefruit i was hoping for in Schrodinger's Cat! So tart it clears my sinuses, but nicely grounded by the green tea. I'm not getting any of the ginger, but this is lovely just the same. Not sure if I need a bottle, but I'll try this when it gets hot out.

I suppose I forgot what this was supposed to smell like, because I was blown over by the grapefruit when I opened the imp. It was entirely grapefruit, with something warm and spicy underneath but not nearly as easily detected.

Wet on my skin, the ginger was more apparent. A very bright, warm citrus and perhaps a teensy tiny little bit of floral but still very crisp and juicy. Once it dried, it turned into a light ginger tea, plain and simple.

I really, really liked this scent. It was exactly what I'd hoped for from the description. Not much throw (enough that I could tell, as well as anyone nose-to-nose with my throat or cleavage), and the staying-power was less than average, but this is still going on my bottle list. It's really a fabulous summer scent.

A frimp from the lab.

In the imp, grapefruit.

Wet on me, the only note that I can recognise is the grapefruit, but, there's more there that I don't pick out. It smells clean and energetic.

Drying, it's fading. The energy is leaving, and now it is becoming more airy.

Edited by Aerinha

I love this scent! It is perfect for summer.

It starts off sharp like Kumiho (which I also love) and dries into a softer, sweeter, lightly floral loveliness.

Baobhan Sith- Smells like an aquatic diaper, without the baby powder. There is nothing I like about this scent. At all. Bleck.

in bottle: ginger and tea; wet on skin: initally smells like leaves, but then i get ginger, grapefruit & tea; a while later, the apple blossom does come out, and does stand up with the other notes, but ginger and grapefruit still strong on me.

later still: tea and appleblossom with ginger still there

i am undecided about this one because of the way my skin amps up ginger especially, and grapefruit a bit. i should probably save it for summer when i am sure to better appreciate this scent

Oooo, I really like this in the imp! This smells exactly like what I would have expected from the notes. Lovely! If it smells this nice on my skin, this will be a winner.

Meh. This actually gets very citrus cleansery...very much so. Yech...this just does not work well on my skin at all. Darn morphing! Totally citrus cleanser. I imagine this would be an amazing scent on some people, just not for me.

Wow, this is an odd one.

In the imp: Mmmm, grapefruity.

On skin, wet: This is a completely different grapefruit to the others I’ve tried (Schrödinger's Cat, Cheshire Cat). Those are both sugary sweet, but this one is much more bitter- more grapefruit pith than the juicy part of a grapefruit. I think it might be the astringency of the tea darkening it.

On skin, dry: Much the same as wet, only fainter. The apple blossom is now peeking out, making me think of having tea in a spring garden, but the grapefruit fades away almost completely. Why must all of the citrusy scents I try be so fleeting?

Two hours later: Gone.

Verdict: I love this as a scent, but I really need more staying power. Will try this in a scent locket and see if it makes a difference.