Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Mokey

A gentle, contemplative fragrance: lilac blossoms, violet sugar, orris root, stephanotis, and osmanthus.

On me, this is a sweet, light, soft floral. Whereas the sugared violet in Faith turned very cloying-candy on me, this sweet violet stays wistful and romantic. I like this a lot for daytime wear.

The opening of this is quite soapy and floral. It’s smells slightly effervescent, lilacs and violets are really noticeable.

It’s immediately gentle...and. The violet sugar in this tames things to give it a smoothness. It’s just enough sugar to stop it from becoming a sugar bomb. It’s a tinge of sugar the just rounds and smooths everything out. I love it a lot!

This feels like a whimsical perfume, like something fairies would smell like. Soapy...yes...but not in a bad way at all. Its crazy how they can capture a personality..or a colour into a bottle. Mokey is all pastel colours...lilac...pastel greens...and this is JUST perfect! They nailed it.

The combination of delicate blooms in this make it so pleasant and pretty. It’s one of the prettiest I’ve smelled from BPAL and it’s up there with “Fairy Market”

Ever softer on the drydown, and ever simpler. The sugary violets take over and it still remains just that perfect amount of sweet that doesn't overtake anything else. It’s just a bit sweeter now. All the effervescence has gone. It’s almost like it has a childlike innocence about it.

It’s really beautiful...as I’ve said. I want a full bottle for sure!

Edited by ouch!

I usually like lilac, but for some reason this one isn't working for me. It smells like a very sweet, dry lilac. I like my lilacs to smell soft and petaly. Orris tends to smell quite "dry" on me, and I think it's not my favorite combination with lilac.

Unsurprisingly, this was all violet sugar on me at first, but the green added a bit of sharpness to it. After it dried a bit, the osmanthus joined the party and brought some ripe berry with it, but the violet sugar is still prominent. This isn't morphing dramatically on me, it's more subtle. After an hour or so, this starts to get slightly soapy violet on me (which almost always seems to happen with violet, but it doesn't get overwhelming so like in Queen Gertrude). While some reviews call this little girl, on me, it's a little more sophisticated, instead of lilac purple with a bunch of other pastels, this is more like this color palette:

ae47a4cd7a2e71c1c6531807a1de9451.jpg

I'm not sure what most of the notes are supposed to smell like, but it's exactly as described; gentle and contemplative.

There's something slightly white and sharp in there, and to me it's not soapy but definately greenery/floral (see the post above for colours). It's lovely but actually too light for me.

This smells exactly like my laundry soap, only much, much stronger. Mokey was my favorite Fraggle, and I was incredibly excited to try this, but the overwhelming soapiness of this scent made it a pass for me. I'm very grateful that I was able to try before buying. I'll dilute it and use it to freshen my laundry, but I won't put it on my skin again.

Really light on me, not so sweet but.. innocent I guess is what I am looking for, but not in a little girl innocent sort of way. It's really very pretty and a surprise that I like it as much as I do. Not much throw to it, but I think that if this scent had a lot of throw it could become very overpowering very quickly, so The lowness of throw suits it quite nicely. I will see how often I reach for this decant to determine if I need a bottle of it.

Edited to add: I think my husbandis on drugs. Severe drugs. I aksed him to sniff me. He said he liked it. I asked him to describe it. He said I smell like Butterscothch- WHAT!?!?! He doesn't have a cold so he must be high lol.

Edited by Anita

Quite a difference in thoughts on this blend.

Mokey is a soft but distinct scent, I can't even begin to pick the notes apart.

I don't get any soap, although it's very much a clean scent, it's also complex, and absolutely lovely.

A soft, unique floral. That's the best way to describe it.

Cherishing my bottle, for sure.

You had me at lilac, violet, and orris, but there's more to this one than just some pastel lavender-tinted fluff!

Osmanthus, to my nose, is a very rounded note imparting both a fruity warmth and an almost resinous richness and depth.

The way it floats in and out (zeldaZ4 nailed it!) of this scent is what makes Mokey well, Mokey. On the surface, this sweet,

carefree, blue-purple hued soft floral is easy to wear, playful and spring-like. Childish? Perhaps.

Yet there's an aura of effortless calm about her too.

Mokey's comfortable being in the moment. The seasons are changing/ paint is drying/ radishes are growing/

Doozers are building --at the exact pace that they are supposed to be doing those things.

Sense of wonder intact, she regards her surroundings with a contented sigh. ^_^

Other reviews are spot on. This is a strangely clean floral. The "clean" note for more bounces back and forth between a lovely herbal or a fresh clean soap.

This is really interesting, bright, happy, calming. This might become a diffuser scent for me. My house can smell clean instead :D

Mokey is not a scent that is likely to work on me, given that it contains violet and orris, but I wanted to try it anyway because I want to test all of the Fraggle Rock scents.

In the decant: I can smell the sweet violet sugar, followed by the lilac, and then the orris. I'm not very good at picking out osmanthus, and I'm not familiar enough with stephanotis (though I've tried a few scents with that note listed).

Wet: This is a light purple and green floral scent. I can smell the lilac and orris, with the sweetness of the violet, with some white floral note and some greenery. It's becoming more powdery as it sits on my skin (thanks, orris).

Dry: I am getting more of the violet sugar now. It has become the dominant note, followed by the powdery orris and soft florals. It's a sweet, soft, and clean floral scent.

Verdict: Mokey is, as I suspected, not for me. But I do think the fragrance fits her character!

Mokey was frimped to me and unlikely to work, though I do like lilac. It's much too floral for my tastes, though it is very pretty. And it has some throw, which is unusual for my skin. It's a higher pitched purple and white floral, with soft powdery notes from the violet and orris and something almost aggressively clean that's making me wonder if there's white musk or an aquatic note in here. Not my style but I'm very glad I got to try it!

this was a spur of the moment purchase. i picked it up blind off a sales post cause the note list looked so pretty <3. in thebbottle this is like a bar of soap. i imagine that’s the likacs at work. a bit intimidating but i slathered some on regardless. it was undeniably soapy to begin with, in a very bubbly sort of way. this reminds me of bubbles. not effervescent like carbonation, just big glassy wobbly bubbles being blown and floating around outside in the yard on a summer day. thr soapiness did tone down after a bit. this is a very well-blended scent. it just smells green. a bit in a leafy way but also like big green flowers. as it continues to dry and the soapiness decreased in strength. a subsequent sweetness emerged. the overall effect almost made the florals seem rosy. not like a true rose, more like rosewood or rose geranium, just very evocative. definitely more warm floriental than cool white florals as it started out. a very intriguing blend. i’d like to get a better sense of it. the soapy drydown was a little on the long side but the lovely transformation was worth the wait

ETA having gotten a better sense of describing smells over the years using bpal, i take back calling this a floriental. It def has that narcotic sweet white floral vibe, but none of the spiciness or creaminess of a floriental.

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

Lots of lilac and violet in this blend, in about equal measure. The lilac is sweeter and milder, a bit more floral. Very pretty. The violet does have a slightly sugared edge, but doesn't go into weird sugar territory. It's just a bit sweeter, but still classically violet. It doesn't have as much of a floral tinge to it as the lilac does. It does smell more bathy. A little bit soapy, but not too much so.

I do get a distinctly white floral to this, both in the wrist sniff in the throw, but it is a pretty mild one. I think it is the orris. Not as in your face as something like jasmine, this is sweeter and more lily like. A bit powdery. 

Stephanotis supposedly smells a bit like jasmine, but I can say I don't get anything jasmine-strength in here. I think it might be adding to the slightly bathy/soapy smell in the violet, without being too distinct otherwise.

Osmanthus tends to go smarties on me, like a fruity powdery hard candy. Here though it's very mellow. I do get a hint of that light almost fruitiness it brings, but it's incredibly mild. More on the wrist sniff than in the throw.

Overall this is an interesting scent. It does lean a little soapy, but not so much so that it bothers me. I can see it not working well on others though. It's very purple smelling otherwise, sweet and floral, very fun. It manages to both remind me of something a grandmother would wear, but also maybe a fairly young child. It does have a sort of calm innocence to it.