Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sporty and energetic: sweet red currant, tangy cranberry, pink musk, and spicy pink pepper.

Yum! As the description says, and as the Fraggle is...this stuff is zesty, spunky full of life and effervescent.
It reminds me a little bit of "Swank". It has that zingy red punchy opening. But this is more fun and slightly softer. I thought at Swank verged slightly on air freshener but this is a tamer version when it opens.

I'm all for berry fruity scents and this one is a winner..the pink pepper in the opening helps with the "fizz" of the overall feel. This is a good choice of notes for the character it's portraying, Red always scared me when I was a child..she was just too intense, and the tang and punch of this is intense in a nice way (like Red Fraggle).

As with alot of BPAL berry blends this one goes the same way in drydown..it turns much softer and calmer, nicer.

I would say the that the dominating note is cranberry due to the tang but it is very well rounded and just has an overall yummy berry smell. There aren't really any surprises here...it's fun...cute..and a little bit mood lifting!

:)

In the decant: Sweet and fruity. Nothing really stands out.

On skin, wet: Sweet, fruity and just a very faint background note of something that could be the pink musk. Whatever the background note is, it's a little... odd, on me. I'm not sure how to even describe it. Not bad, but weird.

On skin, dry: The maybe-musk note went away and now this is all super-sweet fruit-flavoured candy.

After an hour: Candy. Currant always does this to me; this smells basically identical to Lady MacBeth (and just about every other currant scent I've tried) on me. I was hoping the musk and pepper would keep that from happening, but no such luck.

Wet, this is extremely sweet fruity taffy, to me. Almost like opening a package of Laffy Taffy smells.

After about 10 minutes, I finally started smelling something sharp and almost... citrusy. Must be the cranberry+pink pepper, but what it makes me think of is pink grapefruit. It's an almost aquatic citrusy note that's not as sharp as some of the lab's grapefruit, hence, pink.

Now, even though I know what the notes are supposed to be, my brain's telling me "Lotus and grapefruit" Or bubblegum and pink lemonade. The pink musk is a stronger background note than I'd hoped for, I think. I love sweet and fruity scents, but this is maybe a little too sweet and not something enough. It's nice, but I don't want a bottle. For someone who likes juicy, fruity, sweet scents, this one may be great.

This definitely is red! I'm getting effervescent red fruit drink, I'm getting thirsty just smelling it, and I really want to drink something alcoholic that smells like this. I like these fun scents that are fruity and fizzy and just perfect for summer. Unfortuneately this stage doesn't last, and the whole scent disappears from my skin within 15 minutes. Just a whisp of a soapy barbie doll fragrance remains. :(

Red was my favourite Fraggle when the show was on tv -- though she was a bit impetuous at times, she always was willing to try something without hesitating. In some ways, I have a similar personality.

Regardless, this scent is absolutely amazing on me. It doesn't turn to candy -- instead, it is deep wonderful red fruit -- somehow, the combination of currant and cranberry just turns to absolute win on my skin. I think the pink pepper and musk help "ground" the fruit scents.

It is truly 'red" in scent: it is happy, effervescent, full of life and happiness. It makes me feel as though the world is truly ripe for the picking.

It has decent throw and lasting power: I can put it on in the morning and only need to lightly touch it up in the mid afternoon.

Definitely a keeper in my book.

It is Red Kool-Aid and I LOVE IT!

When I tested this, my ass was dragging. As soon as the oil hit my skin, I felt my energy increase and my mood lift - I felt like I started channeling Red Fraggle. I felt my bounce increase. Mouth-watering fruit cocktail.

As it dried, it retained its fizziness, but also subdued a bit, so that I did not feel like I was wearing a "kiddie perfume." The musk and the pepper came out and softened it. It fades fast, but when it is around, it is effervescent.

Very much like its namesake, Red may not have a lot of depth, and be more about the "right now" than the long-term, but you have to admire its boldness, energy, and enthusiasm. She is that good friend who you can only take in small doses, but you always have a good time when you hang out with her. You have to be in the mood for her.

Edited by spiralmissy

Bottle: Tart and peppery cranberries

Wet: Strawberry Zots Fizzy Candy

Dry: After a while, the smell reminds me of soft plastic dolls and strawberry-scented toys I used to play with when I was little.

Evokes images of: A scene from the late 80's. Two pastel-clad best friends (around ages 7-9) brushing the hair of their dolls and eating Strawberry Zots Candy while giggling about which member of New Kids on the Block is their favorite.

In the decant: This is very tart and tangy. I can also smell the pink pepper.

Wet: Same. It's quite fruity at first, but the pink pepper is becoming more prominent the longer this sits on my skin. It's kind of like a spicy red Kool-Aid.

Dry: Spicy red fruit punch.

Verdict: This is way too fruity for me.

This was a frimp from my Dragon Con fairy.

In the imp: Red fruit drink, such as Kool-Aid or Hi-C fruit punch. Very reminiscent of childhood in the 80s!

Wet: I smell the red currant first, and then the cranberry. Neither of them dominates; they balance each other well. While Red is sweet, because these are both rather astringent fruits, it’s never too sweet.

Dry: The red currant and cranberry, as before. After two to three hours, I get a hint of the pink musk. I don’t smell the pepper in this, and I suspect my skin eats that note. I’ve had it disappear from my skin in other BPAL blends that contain it.

Red is cheerful, energetic, and fun. I’m very glad to have had the chance to try it, and I know I’ll use it again, especially in warm weather, when I want a light, happy scent.

This is not bad at all, but it reminds me somewhat of Lawn Gnome and Crawdad Dream. The same sort of scent. Red fruity, and fairly round.

I like it, but for some reason I tend not to wear scents like this. I've had similar bottles sitting in my box for years with no wear. So! I like it, but apparently it just isn't "me."

As someone who loves pink pepper and red berry notes in my perfume, this one was a must-have for me. It ended up pretty much as I expected - it's like an ever-so-slightly spicy red Kool-Aid scent, but somehow doesn't smell childish or artificial. I can see the comparison to Lawn Gnome, although Lawn Gnome is a bit creamier, and this is all fruit for me.

On my skin, it doesn't hang around for long (maybe an hour or two before I can barely smell it when sniffing my wrist), but I love it so much that I'm willing to deal. Definitely a fun, fruity scent good for summer days, and perfect on days when I need a little boost in the morning to get going. :laugh:

Aged Bottle

Wet in the bottle scent: there is no fruit...just musk and what smells like carrier oil.

On skin: it's a well-behaved cranberry or fruit musk. Pink pepper in the background. I'm not getting the sugar-rush, must've silenced over the years.

Longevity is limited less than an hour on me. Perfect if you like to change scents throughout the day. Very fun!

I am not sure how this imp I'm testing is, so take my review with a grain of salt.

Red smells fizzy and tart to me. Not real sweet. Kind of a dry champagne sort of vibe. There's definitely a musky cranberry thing going on, but it smells a bit - "off" to me. It could just be doing weird things with my chemistry, but I'd definitely like to compare it to a fresh sample. As it stands, not my thing.

Wet: Sweet and tart at the same time. Fruity. Quite pleasant, but certainly not wowing me. I am not a huge fan of wearing a lot of fruity type scents, for whatever reason. This is powdery fruit candy, the more it dries. Actually, it's quite nostalgic, I am sure there was candy I ate as a child that smelled like this. Sweet Tarts, maybe? Fun! I don't know that I want to wear it, but I am certainly enjoying testing it out.

Wet: Nice, soft, fruity. Very pleasant, and likely perfect if you love fruity scents. It's not really my jam though, but glad I got to try it!

Bright, juicy, and definitely "red" smelling. Seems to be hovering close to the skin, I have to hold my wrist up to my nose to get a full whiff. I sense that it might be rather fleeting, I've only had it on for half an hour and it's already mellowed in intensity.

Cranberry gets so pigeon-holed as a holiday scent, it's nice to see it represented so beautifully in a non-holiday blend. I could see myself wearing this any time of the year but definitely in the Summer. Not bottle worthy for me at this point but I'll enjoy pulling out my vial every now and then.

Edited by LunaGoth

Bright, tart and fruity, and very "red." I was afraid pink musk was going to be red musk plus white musk, my two most problematic musks, but this blend wasn't particularly musk heavy on me at all. Also, I almost never smell the pepper note, though there is a zingy quality here. Cranberry is front and center but not as sweet as it often goes. A fun summer scent, with slightly shorter than average wear length on me.

Gosh this is neither sporty NOR energetic on me.

I get the pink musk, and red fruitiness from the currant and the cranberry, but it's not very tart and tangy. I was hoping for more kick from the pink pepper! It's not sickly sweet, just... cute. It's very cute. Perhaps like how an adult views fraggles instead of how you might feel identifying with them.

I was beyond excited for the one as cranberry is one of my favorite notes but this one was a huge let down for me. It is almost all pink pepper at first, and then settles into a pink pepper and waxy musk phase, and then disappears entirely. No tart, juicy berries to be found :( Darn skin chemistry

I was so sure i left a review of this before, good thing i checked! All the notes are clearly there, though pink pepper takes the front row. It is very faint on me, which is a shame cause this is a lovely, happy silly scent!