Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Boober

A fretfully clean scent: freshly-washed laundry, linden blossom, soap suds, and a sprinkle of vanilla.

I was so certain Boober was perfect for me that I ordered a bottle unsniffed. It's quite pleasant but it does smell like straight up laundry detergent. I was hoping for more vanilla + distinct linden blossom. The overall vibe reminds me of Dirty, and I do like the "clean" genre of scents. This is better when I layer it with Molinard Vanille.

This is rather soapy at first, but in a good way if that makes sense. Kind of a soft, floral laundry soap. Pretty much the same dry. This reminds me of what an airy laundry room would smell like with the window open on a spring day. Totally clean and springlike. I really don't wear scents like this, I was actually hoping for more vanilla and linden flower. I do think that this would be great added to an unscented cleaning product, though, and that is what I'm going to do with this imp.

I could almost wear this every dat :P

IT is so good to my nose!

I love clean scents, I am so happy that I got myself an unsniffed bottle <node

The vanilla whiffs make IT complete :)

Edited by lunaticana

great scent. A clean fresh laundry. Perfect for cleaning the house. (and I mean this in a good way). It feels like I have opened the windows and everything is airing out after a stuffy winter.

This blend right here is hands down the best clean blend ever. I love linen blends but sometimes they're a bit too clean- great to have an imp/decant of for when the proper conditions are met (aka I want to clean my room or I just got out of the shower), but not worthy of a bottle.

This, though? I need a bottle of this.

It's clean but it doesn't scream "BATHROOM!!!" like other linen blends do. A bathroom did come to mind as a mental image but instead of simply seeing tiles and neatly folded towels I pictured myself stepping out of a shower in an enormous white bathroom and wrapping myself in a big, fluffy white towel, the scent of linden blossom body wash lingering heavily in the air. Then as the oil dried on my skin it was like throwing open the windows and enjoying a light breeze while looking out into a beautiful springtime garden filled with fragrant white and yellow flowers illuminated by bright sunlight.

This blend is so lovely, so fresh with the perfect amount of floral. There's even a warmth to it, like a light musk, and just the perfect hint of sweetness from the vanilla (which isn't going wonky on me, yay!). I just love that it isn't straight up bathroom and has complexity to it. This is going to be the absolute perfect blend for when the weather warms up.

The second I get my next paycheck I am buying a bottle. Thank you to the forumite who gave me a decant- you're a peach!

Oh how lovely! I’m a huge fan of very clean scents so was excited to try this. Boober..with your sweet nervous temperament. You are not my favourite Fraggle but you are a very very pretty perfume.

This has a sweet cleanliness to it. Yes, it smells like laundry as most people have said. It makes me feel clean I love it. The vanilla gives a lovely sweetness to the linden blossom so this smells quite smooth underneath, but has a crisp tone along the top.

I get beautiful wafts of soapy, bubbly laundry that are tinged with vanilla. I’m sure people around me must think I’ve overused the fabric softener but that is FINE by me.

The sweetness fades slightly after a while and this has a clean floral tone in the end.

I’m a fan and may hunt down a bottle.

This bottle was a surprise win for me. I threw it on with an order on an impulse, and regretted it almost immediately, because I was just sure that it was going to be a floral mess on me.

I'm so glad that I succumbed to that impulse, because this is one of my favourite scents. I still feel rather new to perfume (and was even more new at the time I ordered this), but I credit it with really helping expand my horizons. This is cleanly warm instead of a cool clean, like I find most "clean" scents to be. I'm somewhat synaesthic, and to me this is a soft pastel, a sunny yellow. This is soft, clean, and incredibly comforting.

Yay! Someone kindly gifted me a full decant of Boober to try, thank you! This one has been on my wishlist for a while.

Amazingly realistic bubbly soapy suds and bubble bath bubbles! So much so that I almost *feel* them floating and popping all around me. In the background there is a soft vanilla and clean floral scent (the linden blossom) that grounds the scent. Very cuddly and comforting but bubbly and effervescent (I get an almost champagne-like note in there) at the same time, it's like being wrapped up in a freshly laundered fluffy white towel after a bubble bath. This is one of the best fresh laundry/soapy scent I've smelt.

Bottle worthy without question. I friggin love this!!!

Fresh and linden blossom Ivory Soap clean - but with a smooth hint of sweetness that rounds out the overall fragrance and makes it smell more like the sweet honeyed blossoms on the tree. Orata nailed it by saying it's Wensleydale, just softer.

Gorgeous and wearable. You will smell like you just walked out of the spa on an early summer afternoon, bathed in sunlight and cleanliness.

This is clean laundry all the way. Sweet laundry detergent, sweet dryer sheets, the smell of the dryer fumes in the air. YUM!

I feel like everyone who reviewed Boober loved it. Am I the lone voice of dissent? :( I feel like a traitor.

It smells really good when it's wet, but that only lasts for a few minutes, and then it just smells like laundry. I like the linden, but I like The Unicorn better. It's definitely not a bad scent, at all, but it's not knocking my socks off.

I ordered this sight unsniffed because I loved Dirty and have put my faith in Beth for all things.

In the bottle: All honey-sweet linden blossom

Wet: Soapy suds, linden, and a bit of vanilla.

Dry: clean linen, with a touch of linden and vanilla. Light and breezy.

Overall love! I am a fan of clean scents but too often they are too artificial and chemical to the point of nausea, but BPAL's are divine! This is just the right amount of soap-y goodness and linen, with the sweetness of floral and vanilla to keeps things lively and fresh.

On my skin, Boober is cottony laundry and soap bubbles. There's a side of flowers, but I'm not familiar with linden other than to notice it gets used for clean or cotton themes sometimes. There's a little sugared vanilla, just a bit like vanilla cupcake frosting, or vanilla-flavored sprinkles, but it's small and quiet, and doesn't give a vanilla frosting impression in the way that say Funerary Papyri does.

It doesn't change on me. This isn't for me.

Linden is one of my favorite scents, and I get the smallest whiff of it here, but it's mostly overpowered by the clean laundry scent. This reminds me of Wensleydale, but softer, not as crisp, with that hint of linden underneath. It's a very quiet scent.

ETA I didn't see other people had literally said the same "Wensleydale but softer" thing until after I added my review. :laugh:

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

This was never on my radar. In fact, scents like this used to sound horrid to me. But then my work went "scent-sensitive" and all I can safely smell like is "clean", so I have had to re-evaluate.

(note - this is quite a 'murky' looking oil, and it settles and needs to be gently shaken or rolled)

Wet: This scent is lovely. Clean, soft. I do think I get the linden, as there is something greenish or herbal in there. Mostly it just smells like the best clean laundry scent ever. I am surprised that I am beginning to genuinely love this type of scent rather than just thinking "it's better than nothing".

Dry: Perfect for what I was looking for. It smells like gorgeous clean laundry, blowing in the breeze. No one can be offended by me smelling like this! I predict I wear this weekly to work. So glad someone recommended this to me!

This is what I hoped Dirty would smell like. This scent smells so very "me". Clean... just clean. Not too soapy. That linden blossom is perfection.

Linden, linen, and fresh laundry. I would probably love this as a detergent scent, but I can't see wearing it. Honestly, it's a great laundry fragrance. I'd even consider this as an atmo.

to add my comparisons: Wensleydale was such a strong, "pure soap" scent it made me nauseated. Dirty smells like fresh grass to me. This is in between them, on the nicer side, but not for me, I think.

Edited by Soupy Twist

I tested this one at a Con, but when I saw that this was leftover from a decant circle, I had to get a decant so I could do a proper test. Boober is my favorite Fraggle.

In the decant: Super realistic freshly washed laundry, linden blossom, and soap bubbles! Truly the scent of Boober.

Wet: The fresh laundry and linden blossom notes jump out to me first. It's a very clean, floral scent. I'm not getting any of the vanilla at this point, but I hope it ends up appearing at some point!

Dry: It continues to smell of freshly laundered clothes and linden blossom. I'm not getting any vanilla at all from this, sadly. But it does fit Boober perfectly, and it really does smell like laundry.

Verdict: I don't think that I would choose to wear such a clean scent as a perfume, but I'm going to hang onto my decant because I love Boober, and because it might be great to scent some laundry with some time.

I wanted this scent because of the linden blossom - I snatched a decant a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I just forgot to test this! Realized it now, because it had no comments in my bpal-sheet so I searched it yesterday and tested it finally!

Wet: Beautiful, fresh, linden blossom and soap. How cool would it be, if this would smell like this on me. But I turn everything sweet. We will see.

Dry: 😳 this is the first scent, that does not go sweet on me! This stays fresh! :wub:

This is the 80's! It's funny, but that's the first thing that comes to my mind when I smell this: The 80's! Which means for me: Feeling protected and happy and like a child again (but it doesn't mean that it's a childish scent!). And yes, it is like soap - but really beautiful soap with some linden blossoms! I totally want to smell like this. I don't get the vanilla - and while I love vanilla I think this is a good thing, cause otherwise I would have turned this into something sweet again!

Definitely a bottle! 

I am addicted to this scent! This smells exactly like freshly laundered clothes with a sprinkle of vanilla, but not enough of it to overpower the clean scent. I think this is a great scent for work or school since it just smells like soap and isn't that strong. But with this, I like how you don't need a whole lot. I'm sure it could layer well with a variety of scents, I'm currently wearing it along with Nectar hair gloss and it's beautiful. Happy that I blindbottled this after wanting it for so long.