Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Monster

Honey and Floral Blends?

Hello! So a friend of mine just recently fell in love with BPALs Juliet. She's asking me for recommendations of oils to try and said "I'm a flowers and honey girl". I have a few honey blends in my collection I can decant for her but I was specifically looking for GC honey scents or sweet floral scents (nothing too grown-up and heady) to list off for her. I'm sure she could probably do fruity as well. I laughed when she told me which type of scents she likes because her name is Rose and she's pretty much the sweetest, happiest person I know. Of COURSE she likes honey and flowers! :lol:

Off the top of my head I can think of Bastest, Alice, O, High-Strung Daisies, and Prunella. Any other ideas?

The two that immediately come to mind for me are Thirteen (13): April 2012 (This 13 contains thirteen flowers of good luck swirled in white chocolate and a touch of honey: white carnation, stephanotis, blood-flower, yellow rose, eggplant flower, tiare, chamomile blossom, champaca flower, pink heather, wild orchid, pink peony, sweet basil flower, and Bells of Ireland) and Fairy Wine (An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants). It sounds like the sections that would most fall into line with what she wants, though, are the Mad Tea Party and Rappaccini's Garden. :)

First one that comes to mind is Les Bijoux: Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

It's a fruity, golden-sweet bouquet.

Whee sweet florals are my love :D

For general catalog recs, my favorites are:

Black Hellebore (Rappaccini's Garden) (The scent is a pale green herbal, darkly rooty, with a faint rose and peony-like overtone.)

Lyonesse (Wanderlust) (Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.)

The Zieba Tree (Rappaccini's Garden) (A dreamlike, listless scent, misty and hazed, with wisps of white sandalwood, eddying musks the colors of eventide, shimmering pale resins, davana, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach.)

They don't have honey, but they are sweet and lovely florals, light but they do have presence (I can't do heady florals either). You might also try these two cobranded scents:

Savage (Lady Death, 2011) (White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin.)

Victoria (Neil Gaiman: Stardust) (Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily. )

Although Victoria isn't sweet on me.

You should also take a look at the Rappaccini's Garden line http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/garden.html it has a lot of lovely florals, plus the whole Rappaccini's Apiary subsection, i.e.:

Oleander Honey

Yellow Jessamine Honey

Black Hellebore Honey

etc.

Good luck!

Crib Girls (Seven honeys under one unkempt roof, with fiery-tart cubeb and dusty cardamom) is one of my favorite honey blends.

Looking through my spreadsheet, here are a bunch of honey scents or sweet florals I would recommend: The latest Pink Moon, Jezebel, Defututa, Against Idleness and Mischief, Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht, Beautiful and Adored, Meliai, Gennivre, The Gaoler's Daughter, The First Encounter, Blooming Rose, Harikata, Ninon, Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, Itaso Kansei Nenkan Joro no Fuzoku, the latest 13, Fairy Bites, Pink Snowballs.

Plus definitely look through the reviews for all of Rappaccini's Apiary (my favorite is Deadly Nightshade Honey, but I haven't tried all of them).

I know you said GC, but definitely look into having her try Honey Moon 05! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: Also, Anactoria is a great one to try, and Mead Moon, and Gennivre L'artiste... And I second the GC Yellow Jessamine Honey.

Have fun! I'd decant these for you but I'm out of decanting supplies at the moment!

Depending on how things work for her, I'd say Athens, Against Idleness and Mischief, Hermia, or Titania could be possibilities too. Athens, on me, is all honey and flowers; the wine disappears pretty quick. AI&M, Hermia, and Titania were all youthful, sweet florals on me. Oh, and I'd pick Daphne Honey from the Garden, as that was quite sweet without being high-pitched.. at least on me. :)

I'd like to second Crib Girls, it's so lovely. I would also say perhaps Chokecherry Honey for fruit, I love it, very sweet and cherry.

I love Athens too, but on me it's All Fig Newtons all the time. Not like that is a bad thing.

Edited by stellamaris

A few more ideas:

Endymion (no honey, but pear is such a honeyed kind of fruit)

The Vine (no floral, but pear and honey)

Josie (magnolia and honeyed peaches)

Jezebel (honey, roses, sandalwood, orange blossom) and remarkably soft and non-powdery on me

Alice for sure. And Dragon's Milk, while not actually a flower, has the same kind of sweet honeyed smell I enjoy. Also Dana O'Shee, which is more almond and honey to me, but is really yummy.

For sweet florals I would recommend Titania and La Belle au Bois Dormant. She might like Persephone or Kitsune Tsuki

If she likes honey then she might like Skuld: Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum. I just tried it and it's a sweet, clean honey on me.

Chiming in with support for both Josie and Crib Girls. So beautiful!