Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
espoir

romantique delicate flower bouquets

Hi everyone,

Nowadays I became interested in refined fragile flowers.....

but the ones which make you think victorian ladies with laces, chiffons, silks in a romantique aura...

The Lady of Shalott came to my mind at first, but it is a bit aquatic. I dont want a perfume with an aquatic base.

It should be only flowers. Any suggestions?

If you can wear amber, Helena from the Shakespeare collection might be your thing. I haven't tried it, but "Rose amber, calla lily, night-blooming jasmine, water lily, and white rose" sounds like it could be old fashioned and romantic. Maiden (carnation, rose, white tea) might be good, depending on how your skin reacts to it - on me, it has a very delicate, fragile beauty in the imp, but my skin amplifies the rose and the spice of the carnation..

Epitaph has lilies and roses "through a faint, ghostly mist." It doesn't smell aquatic to me though.

or maybe I'm confusing that one with Eternal. That has stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Anyway, one of these impressed me with its delicacy.

Les Fleurs du Mal is mostly roses with lilac and wisteria. I liked this one but some people found it to be faintly soapy.

Nocturne is violet, lilac and tuberose

Twilight is lavender, jasmine, and honeysuckle

Oh! And if you don't mind a tiny bit of leaf in the smell, I find The Rose (from Marchen) innocent and gorgeous.

Edited by patina

Already some great recs, but I'll add:

*Black Lily (Rappaccini's Garden) - "Breathtaking darkness, a vision of grace in shadow." I've gotten two different versions of this one, but when it's good, it's a creamy, dark, almost vanilla-y lily with a hint of green stem.

*Euphrosyne (Excolo) - "Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine."

*Marie (Diabolus) - "A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose: the chosen scent of France's Demigoddess of Debauch: Marie Antoinette."

*Oleander Honey (Rappaccini's Garden) - like a pretty white floral sweetened with honey

*Queen Gertrude (Illyria) - "Imperial violet softened by wisteria and chrysanthemum, but edged with the regal iciness of delphinium."

*Veil (Bewitching Brews) - "A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang."

Seance (A mysterious, enigmatic blend of dry, mellow rosewood, crushed rose leaf and the slightest touch of warm hazel) has my vote. For some reason whenever I wear Seance I am reminded of The Importance of Being Earnest.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Monna Vanna (Russian rose, mimosa, gardenia, bois du rose, parma violet, calla lily, red currant, ambergris, and bourbon vanilla), from the Salon collection. It's heady, yet delicate, and I find it very reminiscent of a bygone age in perfumes.

My favorite delicate florals are all Shakespeare girls: Juliet, Ophelia and Desdemona. Sadly, the last is discontinued, but you might be able to pick her up in a swap. Oh, and Maiden! That's another lovely one. :wub2:

For delicate flowers I love Prague, it's so gentle and sweet, and very old fashioned, but not fusty.

I also think Poisson d'Avril was lovely this year, and Ghosts In Love, from the Weenies.

From Ars Moriendi. Eternal: Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia. This was almost my perfect floral, but I just can't wear Gardenia.

You might like Queen of Hearts: Lily of the Valley, Calla Lily, stephanotis and a drop of cherry.

it's one of my favorites.

You might also like Lillium Inter Spinas: Hibiscus syriacus, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, apple blossom, and green fig.

London: Venerable Victorian Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness.

I like florals too :wub2: (as longs as they don't contain Gardenia!)

Edited by becca_s

My favorite "delicate flower" scent is Victoria from the Stardust collection: "Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily." The vanilla isn't foody or "vanilla-ish" at all. It's just a soft, gentle background.

I will suggest Delight and Marie. They are very lady-like :luv2:

Delight: Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Marie: A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose

Oooh I found a new one, (new to me that is), Leanan Sidhe, OMG the most beautiful elegant floral :wub2:

Oh, if you don't mind a little sugar with the rose and violet, how could I forget Faith and Hope?

Sign in to follow this