Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
stellamaris

Morocco Hair Gloss

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

OK! It took me a couple of days, but I can smell this now. Some days I can't smell certain oils, it's very weierd. I like this gloss. It's very nice and creamy, with a spicy undertone. I like this combined with a lot of my oils, it's not too aggressive.

I finally made it to try all my 4 decants of the new hairglosses and this is my faaavvooorrriittteee!

It made me instantly put the bathoil and the perfume on my to-try-list. I never smelled the morocco perfume and I thought i was well set with snake oil in this scent family, but when i opend the bottle ans smelled it i said out loud "YUUUMMMMM".

It is very nicely balanced sweet and spicy and very settled. I can smell it in my hair for hours when i put my hair up to my nose but its not screaming at me all the time like the snake oil hairgloss does (I am NOT complaining about that either :lol:).

As hairgloss it is avarage I would say. not super heavy but also not the lightest of the bunch i tried.

I quite love it and I can imagine this will go well with alot of perfumes especially for foody lover!

I can imagine choosing this instead of snake oil hairgloss if i finally decide on a whole bottle of hairgloss since its a lighter hairgloss which a much more settled scent but still long lasting and delicious.

Or I could also imagine buying both and having them in heavy routation :wub2:

Well I knew I would love this one since I already love the perfume oil version of Morocco. It smells like fresh Morocco, which is smoother to my nose than aged. I wish the scent was stronger though. It's one of the lightest scented glosses from the new round. It's also the least greasy. I thought I sprayed too much one time, but it seems to be very forgiving! It also smells REALLY good if you use a little bit of Amber & Parchouli hair gloss with it ;)

my first hair gloss. this hair gloss is precisely the right level of scent for hair. morocco is perfect for summer, comforting in its dry warmth. suggestive rather than overt but still delicious. i have a lot of hair and use a lot but have eliminated all other product besides conditioner which i leave in...

I like all the hair glosses I've tried so far. I mix 4-6 squirts of my decant of the day into the palm of my hand with a small amount of a cheap brand of argan oil, spread into my towel-dried hair (I have a lot of hair and it's below shoulder length) and comb through it with a wide-toothed comb. My hair is naturally curly and this makes it very easy to blow-dry straight.

As for the Morocco gloss, everything is good but it is just like all the other Morocco products (perfume and bath oil) on me: a very pleasant scent that disappears quickly into my hair and skin. It's a good work-safe scent and I love being able to use all the different products in the same scent. But so far I greatly prefer the Amber Patchouli - that is my favorite for stronger scent and long-lasting throw.

I agree with all the positive things said thus far about the Morocco hair gloss. I got 3 decants, from Absithetics, & this one's by far my fav (about to order a full bottle of this, along with frank&clove & snake oil, neither of which i've tried, yet.)

I always spray it on my hands, rub 'em together, then rub thru my hair. ...Here's the interesting thing - when I started using this, I actually had NO hair due to being on chemo therapy for stage 3 breast cancer. Though, I did have the teensiest lightest bit of fuzz growing on my scalp, I was basically bald as a baby's butt. But the oil's made of such delectable ingredients that rubbing it onto my head/scalp was a delight to my skin & senses. I'd even rub some elsewhere onto my body, leaving it nourished and smelling blissful. Also, like I do with the perfume oils, I'll rub some onto my clothing (makes great leather conditioner for boots/shoes) and it always lasts a long time without ever being too strong. Mixes well with most other scents and stays pretty true to original whiff as it ages/wears down...

lastly I have to talk about my fav application of this hair gloss, which is to put it on my KITTENS!

it's funny, I didn't think about it or plan it but since I love morocco as a staple, I always have some near me, (along with SO & Dorian & some rotating others,) and since they've been about 2 months old, I've been putting Morocco on my babes. Both the HG & the PO... I prefer the Hair Gloss though because the scent is a bit diluted... hmm, that's not the exact right word (#chemobrain)... I do the same thing, rub it into the palms of my hands, then run my hands down their body from their head to the tip of their tail... then a bit in their ears, then I turn them over and get their belly... and the BEST part: I spray some more out to moisturize the pads of their lil feets!! even in between the toessss (of which one kitteh has extra!) ... they purr, cause they love me ;) and I actually think they like smelling good, like Morocco. It's warm and musky and earthy enough that it doesn't seem out of place. and afterwards I'll brush them and it leaves their coat of fur SO shiny and smooth and glossy and soft!! And I trust Beth, Brian, & Ted enough to know that the ingredients are natural enough that it's safe for them to lick when they bathe. I kinda even think they kinda like the way it tastes. srsly.

My hair's growing in now that I am done with chemo, and it's thick and rough and curly as ever, and of course the gloss works lovely as ever... I bet it will continue to be a great product for when my hair's longer (and mega processed, cause I plan to grow it out bleached/dyed silver & I straighten the f*ck out of it) though perhaps I'll have to come back and edit my review to reflect what I discover when that day finally comes... which won't be for quite a while...

(oooh maybe the nourishing qualities of using the gloss on/close to the scalp will help my hair grow!! factual or not, I'm gonna visualize this, as to make it possibly maybe true *growgrowgrow*)

<3

So, like many other people have said, it smells like aged Morocco. (Because, well, yeah, it probably is scented with aged Morocco. *salute to Captain Obvious*)

So, my review will focus on the actual application of the gloss, etc.

I have baby fine, medium-thickness hair, that has a touch of natural curl to it and which generally does its own thing no matter what I try to make it do. So I spend a lot of time with it up in a ponytail.

There is a marked difference between application of the hair gloss on my hair while wet v. while dry. Dry, it goes on oily and tends to clump up in one spot, which leads to random patches of, y'know, slightly more oily, straighter hair. Wet, it glides through my hair evenly. (So, wet application is better for fine hair!) Some days, I can get away with one pump of oil, others (if my hair feels particularly tangled or dry) two pumps will do me fine. The gloss does not weigh my hair down that much when applied wet - it absorbs in and actually helps define my curls/waves when they dry in. (For example? Just washed my hair and applied my gloss, and I randomly have a few perfect banana curls appearing as my hair dries. They'll go away as soon as I run a brush through, but...)

The longetivity of the scent of the Morocco gloss is debatable. I have a rough time keeping scent in my hair, but this lasts about 12-14 hours in mine, then disappears completely. However, when it does stay, I will turn my head and get a snappy whiff of delight. I don't find it to be overpowering to my other perfume (since my hair eats the fragrance), but your mileage may vary.

Verdict: definitely lives up to expectations. Works as well as my (now former) conditioner to keep my hair soft and moisturized.

Smooth Morocco - creamy, spicy, and everything you love about Morocco.

Just easier to apply in your hair. ;)

Like all BPTP hairglosses, this one helps with the frizz and adds silkiness.

If you love Morocco, then you definitely need this!

Morocco is one of my best loved blends ever so I was excited to try this. This is my second hair gloss, the first being Silky Bat, and while I do love the scent of this one (obviously) it doesnt seem anywhere near as strong or long lasting. That one lasted days, this one seems to be gone within a couple hours?? I just dyed my hair recently so maybe it's sucking up the stuff a bit more than usual...

I travel a lot for work, and when I do, I try to pack light. So I only take one hair gloss with me, and that hair gloss is always Morocco.

Morocco is perfect for every situation—not too overpowering for work, outgoing enough for going out after work, and relaxing at night when I'm trying to unwind. The musk, carnation, and sandalwood together are so gorgeous, and then there's just a touch of cassia there to add a bit of spice without being overwhelming. With so many great LE hair glosses, I feel like my love for this one doesn't get enough ink—but it's become a true staple for me and part of my away-from-home hair care routine.

OK! It took me a couple of days, but I can smell this now. Some days I can't smell certain oils, it's very weierd.

I do the exact same thing with Morocco! So weird. Some days I cannot smell it at all. Other days it's strong. Sometimes when I wear it, it has no throw. Other times it forms a veritable force field around me.

The HG is the same. The exact same. When I got the decant, I could not smell anything at all. This morning not only could I smell it but now sitting here at my desk it's all I can smell. (Of course I paired it with the oil so that probably helps things).

Morocco is just beautiful and one of my favorite GC (when you can smell it). So glad I have this decant and will be seeking out the full HG bottle.

So, just to say, most of the BPAL GC scents don't seem to work on me, with the exception of Snake Oil and Poisoned Apple. However, seems the hair glosses of the same GC scents seem to be amazing!

In decant: Yummy spices...does remind me of what a small bazaar in a far off land would smell like.

In damp hair: Not a lot of throw, medium I would say. I get the spices and after a few, I get the slightest whiff of the floral....not a lot, which is good since I can't do florals.

After a few, it stays true and lightens up a bit.....gets softer and less throw. This is a lovely scent for hair!! :)

I love Morocco. I love the Hair Gloss even more. Smells just like the perfume of Morocco to me, but has way better lasting power. I often spray it on my clothing as well, and have never had any staining issues, just glorious creamy spicy smelling clothes. I quite frequently slather myself in Morocco Bath Oil, Hair Gloss and Perfume. It's very office appropriate, to me.

Origin: Bought at Dirty South Will Call

Initial Thoughts: The original Morocco played reasonably well on my skin despite the red sandalwood, which usually amps on me. I was curious to see what my hair would do to it, as I have found that some deal-breaker notes are not deal-breakers once in my hair.

In the Bottle: Pretty much the same as the oil. Some musk, some sandalwood, a bit of carnation and spices and that odd creamy vanilla impression that makes no sense from the notes list.

Applying on Wet Hair: The sandalwood comes out strong at this point.

Blow-dried Hair: For a while it stays very woodsy, but gradually shifts to a quieter musk and the spices come out to play a very little. I get no carnation impression at all.

Verdict: The throw is very, very light - I would have no trouble wearing this to work. This would be a good starter for anyone who has been afraid of trying the hair glosses because they didn't want the scent to overpower.

Delicious Morocco in HG form. If you love Morocco & have hair, you need this. So good!

Oh my gosh, I am in love with this! Morocco is one of my top favorite scents and I feel so blessed that it's a GC hair gloss. I have waist-length hair of mixed strand thickness, but it's kind of medium fine overall, I guess? Because of that, I didn't know whether hair gloss would make it look greasy, but it does not at all! Just shiny and gorgeously fragrant. I am so happy with this; the ends of my hair tend to get really dry in winter and summer, and although I do regular oil treatments to battle split ends, I think using hair gloss as a leave-in will further help it from drying out so much (in addition to the aesthetic wonderment). :)