Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Clueit

Juniper Mint Hair Gloss

As with the other glosses this is wonderful. I can smell both the juniper and mint in it and love both. This goes very well with Woods in Winter, both have a light sweetness to them and I'm pretty sure share the same Juniper note.

:wub2:

I really liked the scent of this one, but it was very hard to detect. Whereas other hair glosses I could spray directly on my hair and then smell them on my hair for hours, if not all day (honey lasts FOREVER), this one I had to spray in my hand then hold my hand over my nose to get a good smell at all. It smells lovely! Very light and balanced between an herby, true-to-life mint, and a not-too pine-forest or gin-like juniper.

It also only lasted about 30 minutes at best before I couldn't smell any traces, even when huffing my hair.

if you think the others are far too strong, it would probably be good for you. But it's way too weak to keep, so on the swap pile it goes.

---------

EDIT: smelled a whole bottle at the lab's table at NYCC - apparently it's just me. Shook and sniffed straight from the bottle at the table and got next to nothing. Tried wiping some on my hair - nada. Apparently me and this scent just cancel each other out somehow. Weird.

Edited by izile

This stuff is beautiful! Reminds me a lot of The Snowstorm and Woods in Winter which I love. There have been mixed reviews on strength - my decant is really strong - I used 2 spritzes on the ends of my hair and it is still going strong hours later. Deliciously scented and I am very happy to have a decant of this! :) 10/10

This is my least favorite of the new hair glosses. The scent reminds me of (I hate myself for saying this) Juniper Breeze from Bath and Body Works. My favorite fragrance of theirs, but I don't want my BPAL hair products to smell like it! Phenomenal lasting power on this scent. It's also very heavy and it made my hair greasier than the other new glosses. I really don't dislike the smell and I could see myself being in he mood for it on certain days, so I think I will keep my decant. This is the only new hair gloss I can't see myself buying a bottle of in the future.

Very fresh and clean smelling, like an expensive shampoo, which is fitting, I guess. This is nice, and I'll use my decant, but don't need any more.

Herbal juniper and sweet mint. On wet, the sweet mint is predominant. That burns off a little and the herbal juniper comes in. It smells like a cross between really expensive shampoo and something cool and refreshing like a mint julep.

This is a review of the scent only for this hair gloss.

I was excited to try this one because I've had good experiences with juniper and the white mint note.

In the bottle: Soft round mint and tender juniper sprigs. It doesn't smell as strong in the bottle as some of the other hair glosses do.

On my hands it has a gentle but very beautiful round white mint note. It's not very minty per se; it reminds me more of white amber. There is also a sort of sugary impression to it that suggests the way some lavender notes react with my skin. There's just a breath of juniper in the background.

On my hair: Much more juniper, so there's a fairly even balance of juniper and mint with a sort of lavender overlay. It is soft, not aggressively green at all, but much less dry than the very herbal impression of White Tea and Sage. It has very little throw and doesn't last well. After a few hours it is very light overall, with the juniper the most noticeable of the notes except in areas where there is more buildup.

I liked the way this one started off, but it didn't retain as much of its character as I'd hoped it would. There's more of it on my hands than there is in my hair, despite several handwashings since I applied it.

This hair gloss, like all of the hair glosses, makes my hair soft and more manageable. I have really long (down to my butt), straight hair, and the hair gloss doesn't make it greasy.

I bought this particular hair gloss because my boyfriend was really interested in this scent. He adores the scent and uses it every day.

It definitely smells like juniper and mint, but it seems to have a 'soapy' quality to my nose. It is lighter in scent than some of the hair glosses, so if you're looking for a subtle hair gloss that won't overpower your perfume, this would be a good choice. That said, it isn't nearly as light to my nose as I had thought it would be (from reading other reviews).

I don't really think I'll find myself reaching for this one much scent-wise, but I'm glad my boyfriend really enjoys it.

*edit* I used up my bottle a long time ago, and it was actually the first bottle of hair gloss that I used up (because I wasn't the only one using it). It's a nice, clean, refreshing scent, and I'm considering ordering more to pair with scents of that nature, even though it's not one of my favorite hair glosses.

Edited by dementia_divine

Been using it for a week and a half or so now. Four squirts for wet hair, two for dry, usually on hands first.

Makes hair softer? Check. Stronger? Check. Frizz free? Not really, but it does help. Oily? Nope, which is good because lots of other leave in products do make my hair oily. Shine and color? Just a touch of improvement. Haven't tried blow drying my hair straight with it, but it works wonderfully when air drying, allowing maximum curls!

Bought this before trying Ranger. Which, oops. Looks like juniper is one of the things in Ranger that goes soap on me (thinking there's more in Ranger since this isn't AS soapy). Can't really smell the mint. However, it is really light and doesn't last long on dry hair/dried hair.

Overall, wouldn't buy this scent again, but will get another Hair Gloss once this one's done.

I am unsure of this scent. I prefer it for more of a spring scent, I suppose, because it is SO light. Both when I had my longish (down to the bottom of my butt) hair and now the pixie short, this scent does not last in my hair. Mainly, I get the juniper to stick in my hair. The mint seems to dissipate in the time it gets from the nozzle to either my hand or my hair itself. This can be sprayed directly on my hair, unlike some other glosses. The decant is going to last long for me. I don't know if I would buy a bottle or not.

Juniper Mint hair gloss manages to smell really clean and fresh, without having any of the typical notes I normally associate with clean/freshness. Doesn't smell powdery or skin-musky or green, but it just smells so fresh and real. Pretty good staying power, too.

This is a lovely hair gloss. It is nice and light, but on me, it isn't too light where you can't smell it anymore after a couple minutes after applying.

In decant: I can really smell both the fresh mint and the sharp juniper. I think this is a great combination since they both seem to balance each other out.

In damp hair: Stays true....I get the whiff of both notes. I agree that this is light and clean but not smelling like laundry soap or fabric softener clean. Just fresh.

This has a medium strength on me.....very nice. I tend to like my hg's strong, but this is just right. Especially for spring/summer when you might not want to wear something heavy.

I love this! My first BPTP hair gloss purchase. It smells less minty on my hair and more fresh/sweet. Probably the juniper. In a sense, makes me think of III. The Countess of Morcar's Blue Carbuncle but not bubble gummy like that one. Super long lasting, too. I could still smell it the next day.

This somehow doesn't really smell like juniper or mint to me...but it does smell fresh and clean, soapy, but in a good way. Like an expensive salon shampoo. I like it way more than I thought I would! So clean smelling.