Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Butterfly Nectar Bath Oil

A bath of honeyed petals and sugar-dusted leaves.

I smell more petals than leaves - this is a honeyed sweet floral to my nose, light and gentle. Almost reminds me of the Philosophy line of some of their perfumes. Light and whispy, and very pretty/feminine! :wub2:

:thud:

Warning: using this will attach your nose permanently to your skin

I just got a decant of this and had my first bath in it ... this is so beautiful, in the bottle, in the bath and on my skin afterwards. It doesn't morph much on me - I get pastel summer petals (cottage garden or wildflowers) dripping with a really rich thick honey. It reminds me of those edible sugared petals, and also a little of Pink Snowballs. It has quite a decent throw but I still keep sniffing my arm because I just smell so damn good!

This is glorious and I will be treating myself to a bottle or six as soon as I get paid. :wub2:

Edit: 16 hours later and I can still just smell it :joy:

Edited by ReallyZeb

I'm not a "floral" girl when it comes to my perfumes, but I adore Puddin's bath oils so I've learned never to miss out on at least trying them out whenever I can, so I got a decant of Butterfly Nectar. I applied as my after-shower moisturizer (my typical method of using the bath oils) and OMG is this beautiful! The only note I can actually detect is honey, although it's not a listed note. It's not a strong honey, but is certainly part of the nectar. As for the florals and petals, I can't pick out any individual notes, but since I rarely wear florals that isn't surprising. What is a surprise is how beautifully everything melds into a sweet, soft scent that doesn't turn powdery and has made me a floral convert. I will definitely be ordering a couple of bottles of this, as I think I will use it all summer long.

Now I need to find a compimentary BPAL perfume to apply with it, as I always like my perfumes to complement the bath oils. This butterfly is truly nectar. :wub2:

edited because duh... I guess "honeyed petals" means honey.

Edited by Poenari

Oh, this is beautiful. I'm not usually a honey fan (and sugar regularly turns to "bleargh!" when it hits my skin) - but wow, this bath oil just smells so soft, sweet, and feminine. Nectar, indeed.

Like Poenari, I like my perfume to compliment the bath oil, though, so I may need to save this for nighttime bathing. I can't think of anything I have that would go nicely with this.

Very glad I got the decant, but probably no bottles for me.

From the bottle I am reminded the gorgeous light honey from Half Elf v5 (and possibly shared by a variety of pleasing amusements), then on my skin I get hit with a bright, sweet, juicy floral that I am totally unfamiliar with, but after a while it fades back into the honey and it all swirls together. Butterfly nectar indeed.

Beautiful, sweet floral with a slightly creamy quality. This is a definite win, it kind of reminds me a bit of Chuparosa. I'm generally not a floral person, but this is very wearable, and perfect for spring/summer.

Very light and sweet honey. Definitely florally tinge. It's very beautiful, light, and definitely sticks close to the skin. Its more predominant in the first hour, but after two, I can barely smell it.

It's absolutely GORGEOUS, and makes anyone feel pretty.

I do well with honey and many florals. While Tomoe Gozen bath oil scratches my itch for a honey scent quite nicely, I wanted something a bit more floral and less fruity, without being as intense as Xmvlzencab, so I tried Butterfly Nectar.

In the bottle it smells like a deliciously floral honey.

I made my decant into sugar scrub which is now my favorite way to use a BPTP bath oil. My skin is very dry, and this is the best method I've ever found to keep my skin soft and moist. So when I used this particular sugar scrub, it blossomed into a whole garden of delightful florals. I couldn't pin down most of them, but after a while the overall impression was honey gathered from creamy soft white florals -- not jasmine, not white rose, something more like orchids and a touch of honeysuckle.

Unfortunately, the scent of this bath oil doesn't stay as long on my skin as some of the other ones do. But it perfumed the entire top floor of my house when I used it, which was awesome.

After a while I decided it was glorious, even though fleeting, and I've acquired more. I would love it if this came back every summer along with the Metamorphosis. If it were GC, I'd buy it regularly.

I had a tester of this that I just used up, and it is absolutely wonderful! Light floral sweetened by honey... with none of the sharpness that you can get from florals sometimes or the cloyingness of honey when it's overpowering. I used it as an in-shower oil (mixed with an unscented carrier oil) and also to scent my natural, unscented conditioner, and in both applications it is a lightweight, sweet scent that does not linger until you're sick of it but is just enough to make you feel fresh and sweet-smelling! (I'm definitely rooting for this to be brought back next summer... and in the interim might try to locate more of it for sale...)

I don't usually like florals, but this bath oil is vying for my top spot. It's light, it's gentle, it's sweet, and nothing in it goes screechingly, headache-inducingly floral. It almost smells fruity in a light fruit way, like maybe the scent of a strawberry. I love this one and I wish I'd ordered more bottles when I saw it on Etsy!

oh wowww I absolutely love this! it's a sugary honey-floral and it is so beautiful. I am not 100% sure about the florals but it has a stephanotis/phlox sort of vibe to it and maaaaybe some lilac or honeysuckle? at any rate, I love this and I need more! it's definitely one of the top bath oils for me.