Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Butterfly Garden Atmosphere Spray

Butterfly bush blossoms, dew-damp moss, mist flower, purple coneflower, Brazilian verbena, ground ivy, pink clover, lantana accord, and sunflower.

I absolutely love this spray, it's perfect for Spring - a delicious and lush combination of flowers. To my nose, it smells honeyed, too; it's sweet, but not cloying and it definitely doesn't qualify as a "high pitched" floral. It's very soft and pretty, but present.

While it doesn't seem to last as long as my Kypria or Kondetorei, that may be because it's a decant. Frankly, this gorgeous scent is worth respraying!

I'm pretty sure I need a bottle.

This is so pretty and smells like a summer garden in full bloom - pollen-dusted flowers with a hint of ivy and greenery. I'm not familiar enough with the individual flowers to pick out specific notes. It's so realistic that when I spray it, I expect dozens of butterflies to fly in my window. Very pretty!

I can't really identify the individual flowers in this, but I can say that it is downright gorgeous and also very calming. There is a slight dewiness and a slight greenness backing all the fresh and lovely florals, and there is something of a floral-honey feel to the scent as a whole. Even with the windows closed, with this sprayed in my room it feels as if fragrant breezes are wafting in.

I can't pick out any individual notes in this, but it is a fresh, clean floral that is slightly sweet. I usually hate clean scents, but it does not have that harsh laundry detergent smell- just fresh flowers with a bit of soft honey or sugar. This is great for my bathroom and hallway.

I'm normally not a fan of florals but I love this, it's exactly like being in a butterfly house! I also agree that it's calming, I like to use this when I'm doing yoga or just generally want to feel calmer and more serene. It's wonderful.

Argh, I wish that I had ordered this sooner! This is a perfect summery floral in that it's not too cloying or fresh (like Okiya can be) and there is a bit of sweetness to it. For some reason it's reminding me of Under the Harvest Moon, but I have no idea why.

Oh lord, it smells like an outside garden. I do get whiffs of moss, and sunflower (a little bitter, which works well to counteract the sweetness), ivy. It smells like slightly sweet blossoms, and greenery.

FABULOUS. LOVE IT!

This smells like clean laundry and lightly honeyed, damp, fresh smelling flower-fragrance to me. My husband likes this scent, but it is just alright for me. Butterfly Garden reminds me of some of the spring floral candle & room scents you can find at the grocery store. It's nice enough, but not something I need to track down more of. I seem to prefer darker and sweeter room scents, though.

This is a very clean, floral scent.

When it is first sprayed, it has a bit of a soapy scent to it, but that quickly disappears as it settles, and the florals come out. I didn't think this one was as strong as the other atmosphere sprays that I own, until I went to a restaurant, came back home, and found that the house smelled really strongly of florals.

This is a wonderful springtime scent! I'm very happy to own a bottle.

One of my favorites, a very sweet, light floral with that dandelion note that's so wonderful in perfume oils like One to Tie Two To Win, Dandelion SN, etc. It's a light scent with an irresistible sweetness to it, and a hint of crushed stems that just makes it smell so true to the idea of what it should be. So, so lovely.

Bottle from The Trading Post.  Aged about 6 years.  For some reason, I didn't write a review before.

This is just gorgeous.  And very realistic - it smells exactly like a freshly-cut bouquet of mixed flowers (no roses) with some greenery.  Or the garden itself.  Like most other reviewers, I can't identify individual floral or green notes either.  I do see a resemblance to the Dandelion SN oil another reviewer mentioned, and which is another one of my favorites. And I also pick up a light touch of honey to further sweeten the flowers.  In the bottle, the sweetness is almost cloying, but it is lighter and lovely when sprayed. The strength and longevity seems about average for an Atmospheric sprayed on fabric.

it does an interesting thing that I don't expect from a linen spray.  On the second day, the fragrance has lightened up quite a bit and I think it is just about gone.  But on the third day, a distinct scent of honey comes in loud and clear.  With a touch of the original florals in the background, this is just as lovely as the fresh scent was, but very different.  I can't decide which way I like it best!  And days later, after I think the scent is long gone, I get occasional swoon-worthy whiffs of  BPAL's single note honey.  This blend is fabulous at every stage.

The artwork on the label is very beautiful too.

Predominant Notes: Florals, but none that I can identify.  Which doesn't mean there aren't any.  There may be ones I'm not familiar with.  Honey later on.

Character:  Mixed florals.  No rose.  Sweet, very fresh. Spring and summer.

6 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

I just received a decant of this and wow! This is so pretty. :luv2: I'm normally not a fan of florals unless they are really soft and fresh and that is exactly what this is. 

I totally agree that there is no rose in this or other high pitched florals, thankfully! Its also very well blended and I can't pick out any particular notes.

Overall its like being in a butterfly garden, lots of pretty soft florals, some greenery and some faint wisps of nectar. 🦋🐛