Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Strawberry Moon 2012

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, strawberry blossom honey, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

What a beautiful moon! Wild, ripe strawberries, the extra red ones! And you can smell the tang of the 'leaves' (which i imagine is the summer grasses). The vanilla infused sugar smells like a bowl of cut strawberries dusted with sugar just before you pour the cream on. At the end of it all you really do smell the dandelion. This is my most favorite moon lately, up there with Pink Moon this year. (Yes, my foodiness has come out.)

I can't even express how, once you get past the ripe strawberry scent, there is even that...center of the strawberry scent...which is slightly muted but just as juicy. So great! wub2.gif This and one other bottle actually leaked in my order >.<; but I can't say it wasn't an amazing smelling box!

Because the note list was so similar to SM 2009 (apart from the addition of honey in this version), I wore that one a few days ago in preparation for doing a comparison with this one. Let's see how they match up!

In the Bottle: There's definitely the same juicy-tartness of the strawberry from '09, but there's powdered sugar sweetness that's toning down the tart a bit. I'm also getting the first hints of honey too.

Wet On Skin: I am *really* liking this. At this point, wet but warmed, it's like a cross between SM '09 and Pink Moon '12. It *smells* Pink. It's sweet and luscious and makes me wanna wear about 6 pounds of berry-red lipgloss and flippy skirts. :wub2:

Dry Down: The honey has transformed the strawberry and the whole scent has become soft and round and almost musky. A pale musk. No sharp edges here. Yes, a sweet, berry-tinged pink musk. :thud:

In All: Low throw- this scent stays close to the skin for sure. This would be fine to wear to a summer picnic or work, but I would also wear it on a Summer evening when I know a date is going to end in something passionate. This is a grownup scent to be sure. Sweet but rather sophisticated. I am SO glad I picked up 2 bottles- I think I'll be wearing this a LOT in the coming months. ;)

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Now this is what I wanted Strawberry Moon 09, which sadly turned to grass clippings on me, to smell like. This is lovely honeyed, vanilla-kissed strawberry that really does smell like wild strawberries and isn't cloying or candylike. As it dries down I also get a hint of dandelion sap like that in Plastic Pink Flamingo and the tiniest hint of soft grasses blowing in the breeze, but nothing like the overwhelming grass clippings I got from 09. This is the Strawberry Moon I've been waiting for. :wub2:

So candy like so sweet. Not as planty as I remember my prior, hoarded version being. Still sweet, like strawberries dusted with light powdered sugar. Maybe just a hint of grass, but this moon is mostly ripe-honey sweet berries dripping with... well... honey!

I bought this without reading the description, so I initially missed the addition of honey from the 2009 version. Unfortunately, I don't like the change. The scent is still nice, but the 2009 version was green and smelled like real strawberries. This version smells like strawberry candy to me, and the honey is making it almost cloying. I'll let it settle for a time and try again, but I vastly prefer the 2009 version.

Omnomnomnom. You have to be in the mood for a sweet scent to wear this, but it is gorgeous if you're in that mood. It smells very similar to Strawberry Moon 2009, of course, but side by side, 2009 has much more dandelion/greenery, while 2012 smells almost like pure, sweet strawberry and vanilla to me. The strawberry has a wild, almost floral complexity.

Sometimes I buy these frozen fruit bar popsicles that are basically just frozen sweetened strawberry puree, with some large berry chunks, and this smells to me like those taste. I was thinking "strawberry ice cream!" at first, but it's not that creamy.

Today was about 75 degrees and sunny, and I had Strawberry Moon 2009 on one arm and Strawberry Moon 2012 on the other and went biking around. I sat down in the sunshine by the lake and watched baby ducklings paddling around and felt like I was wearing just the perfect scent for the day--the sunlight on my skin warmed it and I kept getting these delicious whiffs of sweet strawberry.

This is so good!

I get juicy, sweet strawberries paired with a very small hint of fresh greenery and a soothing, creamy note that just reminds me of strawberry mouse.

if all the previous Strawberry Moons were like this, I totally missed out :lol:

My mom and brother thought this smelled great on me, and I tried so hard to love this, and I do LIKE it a lot, but alas this is just not me! This is sweet, juicy strawberries, sweet honey, a little creaminess and a little green/grassy-ness. It really is quite lovely, but just too foody and sweet for me! (And that's not to say that it is ridiculously sweet or anything -- foody and I just don't get along!)

In the bottle it's very sickly sweet. On me it's lovely fresh vanilla strawberries! Soft, sweet and absolutly gorgeous. I smell pink!!The honey comes through nicely without overpowering the main strawberry note. I can't stop smelling myself! A great spring/summer scent, love it!

I thought this one was going to be too sugary and foodie, but its surprisingly light and kind of effervescent. It reminds me of drinking that really terrible strawberry pop (sorry, I'm mid-western) on a picnic blanket running around with sparklers, getting itchy feet from running around barefoot in the grass.

Its playful. Its sugary, but doesn't give me a migraine like most.

I don't get anything other than sugared strawberries. No vanilla. No creamy notes. No green. Just berries.

Probably not something hoard-worthy for me as it doesn't have enough depth, but its a great scent for summer nights.

Oh this is delicious. Strawberry Moon '09 is one of my fave lunacy blends and I have to admit that I was a bit leery about this one due to the honey but it is so good. Sugary, extremely creamy strawberries...YUM. Reminds me of Kitty minus whichever note I didn't like...

This is so, so good. It started out fairly green on me (definitely dandelion sap), which turned to pure syrupy (or I suppose honeyed) strawberry, and finally settled into a creamy strawberry with slight vanilla undertones. The grasses keep it from being overly sweet, though, which is nice. Also, the strawberry is definitely familiar to me: it's the same strawberry as Weeping Branches Moon and Sugar Moon 2011.

Edited by plainjean

This is exactly what I hoped it would be! Strawberry Moon 2012 smells just like juicy, ripe strawberries with a dusting of sugar :yum: I feared this might be one to give me a headache if it was too sweet, but the hint of greenery keeps it from being too sickly. Absolutely delicious!

I found this to be quite different from Strawberry Moon 2009. It's nice but it's pretty different and ultimately I like 2009 better.

2009 was all bright fresh strawberries, grasses, and overtly fruity. It is sweet and quite natural smelling on me: not a plasticky strawberry but really realistic.

2012 is darker, deeper, and richer somehow. If 2009 is a bright fresh spring strawberry, 2012 is like one of the deeper red strawberries you might get that are slightly sour and puckery in your mouth. It took me a little while but I figured out what it reminded me of after wearing it for a few hours: Berry Moon. Berry Moon had a sort of deep, rich berry scent to it. This is like Berry Moon minus the red musk on me and more strawberry than other red berries.

Like I said, pretty in its own way but I like the freshness of 2009 to the darkness of 2012, at least for now.

With perfect timing this came through my door on the first sunny day for over a month :joy:

In the bottle I was worried, it smelled very plasticky like the strawberry in Hollywood Babylon, but once wet on the skin that fakery receded - it was like squashed overripe strawberries and bruised strawberry leaves.

Dry it started out mostly strawberry, real strawberry, but over time the sharp green background took over, so now after 3 hours I have a fresh green scent with a hint of strawberry.

This is much less dandelion sap of the 2009 version, and much juicier, sugary. Wish I got more honey from it, but it is still very nice. Perfect for early summer.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy - This is heavenly!

In the bottle: Strawberries and vanilla, with a hint of something greener.

Wet: Super juicy strawberries, the hint of green things is much stronger. Strawberries in the park.

Dry: The juicyness has settled down into a more baked strawberry tart, the vanilla has come out to play too.

Off to stalk the "For sale" forum for more! :dance:

This is the most amazing strawberry scent I have every smelled- from any etailer. :wub2: I also have 09' and that to me was too fake-y? if that makes sense? Just a meh strawberry scent that, like every other strawberry scent I have come across, just don't do it for me. This one though? is a darker, richer, most real strawberry scent (and that is hard to do cause there is no strawberry eo or anything its all synthetic as you know). This is absoulutely gorgeous on. I actually though it kinda smelled like good strawberry incense, not being at all resiny, but that richness with the vanilla and honey.It doesn't have huge throw, it stays close to the skin. But she sure is pretty! I am so glad I grabbed a bottle and will thoroughly enjoy this one.

4.5 h/5 !!!!

OMG - this may be the strawberry blend for me. BPAL's strawberry note tends to go plastic on my skin.

Not this blend. It smells like strawberries, hint of vanilla and honey, with a whiff of green. Not too sweet, and just ripe and summery.

HOT DAMN.

From the bottle, I wanted to eat it. It reminded me of my favorite strawberry lip gloss from when I was a kid. Delish.

First on, it retained the sweet strawberry scent and then as it dried out, more of the other notes came in.

A few hours later and this morning (this was applied yesterday afternoon) it mellowed out to a light green scent. Like when you rub a green leaf between your fingers. Very fresh and light.

I like it a lot. Perfect summery scent.

I can't believe how un-sweet this is! And I'm so happy about that because I haven't been in the mood for anything syrupy or candy-like lately. This actually reminds me of like a child's first fragrance kinda thing because it's so incredibly light, like the thinnest, most watered down eau de toilette. I had a "play perfume" (in a pink plastic bottle from a toy store I think) when I was little that reminds me of this, even though I'm sure they're not all that similar.

The strawberry smells innocent and simple, not entirely like the real fruit but close. The strawberry note is fresh and natural, maybe because of the underlying green. But at first it's all wispy, gentle strawberry, like a single note but less dense and linear. I get more of the green later on after it's been on my skin for a few hours. It didn't disappear quickly either like so many of my lighter scents do. It really stayed put and didn't morph like crazy either. I could still recognize it as a strawberry fragrance first and foremost hours later. More of the soft greenness was showing through, and a little bit of dry honey but other than that it was the quiet strawberry eau de toilette that I got in the beginning.

Really, really nice. I'm going to love this over the summer.

On the skin: That is some juicy strawberry candy. Definitely reminds me of candy or jam rather than fresh strawberries. Wow, I think I am going to take that first statement back! As time goes on this strawberry just turns... juicy! It seems so much more like a real strawberry than before! I can also smell a hint of green grasses that must be the dandelion. This is just juicy and tasty! A bit of honey sweetness peaks out every so often, but really the strawberry is the center of this scent.

The best strawberry blend I have ever worn! Not sure quite yet if it will stick around since I would probably never wear it, but it is really yummy!

White Chocolate & Strawberry is my all-time favorite bpal blend, because it smells like real strawberries and creamy vanilla. I've found their other strawberry blends to either be too sweet/artificial or too green. Strawberry Moon 2012 is on the too sweet/artificial side of things. It smells like strawberry hard candy and strawberry scented dolls (tart and powdery) with an undertone of perfumey floral. I don't get the vanilla, grass or dandelion notes at all. Oddly, as this dries down, it kinda reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Sun Ripened Raspberry blend. Sweet, tart, perfumey, artificially fruity scent.

In the vial: Vivid fresh strawberries with vanilla sugar. Sniffing it is ecstasy, but I don't really want to smell like strawberries have been squashed and smeared all over me!

On me, wet: The strawberry top note is slightly less strikingly realistic than it was in the bottle, but strawberry is still the main theme. And now I can smell the honey and grasses, also a touch of cream (the milky dandelion sap?)

After 10 minutes: Pretty much the same as above. There might also be the teeniest whisper of floral waaaay in the background.

After 20 minutes: The strawberry is already going a bit plastic. Red fruits always do that on my skin - so it's me, not the perfume, that is to blame.

After 30 minutes: Same as above. After the plastic-y strawberry, the next strongest note at this point is the honey.

After 1 hour: The strawberry is really plastic-y now, and honey is the only other thing I can detect.

After 2 hours: Same as above, but now barely there.

Verdict: For me, this works best in my perfume locket due to the reaction with my skin that makes red fruits smell like plastic. In the locket, it retains the lovely fragrance that it had in the vial and during the first 10 minutes on my skin. It is mouth-wateringly delicious and amazingly realistic, but too foody to make it into the 5-star bracket for me, at least not for wearing as a perfume. I do love sniffing it, though!

My rating: 4 stars

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, strawberry blossom honey, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

Just gorgeous at first, like homemade strawberry syrup with a touch of greenery and honey. Twenty minutes in, I don't know what happened, but the beautiful strawberry is still there, but there's a musty coconut husk smell. This totally ruins the blend for me, damn it.