Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lavinia

Blood Kiss

Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Blood Kiss is beautiful...vanilla, cherries, wine. I find this dries down softer and creamier than the initial wet or smell in the imp. This seems to have really good staying power and reminds me slightly of Hell's Belle.

Wet, this is a dark smoky fruit syrup kind of scent, strong and sweet.

It leaps straight to cherry on my skin yet with a candied fruit background that lends an almost alcoholic air. Hints of the vanilla and clove are both coming through now making the cherry spicy and more complex.

The blend does indeed ‘have teeth’ as I’m envisioning fruit with spines and spikes piercing the fingers of would-be devourers.

As a wearable oil, I’m not quire sure what to make of it. I think it might be too dark for me as the clove is sharp and heady almost like cigarettes made from the flower buds. I’m inclined to hang onto it, though, in case some imaginative future use should arrive.

Blood Kiss is warm yet dangerous, inviting but with a kick. Definitely unique and gother-than-thou is the most well-intended use of that phrase. :P

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Cherry cherry cherry.

In the imp: Vanilla cherry! Spicy, vanilla-laced cherry. Very promising!

On skin, wet: The vanilla disappears, and I smell cherry wine. Very strong cherry wine. I think I notice poppy, but under cherry that strong, who can tell?

On skin, dry: This morphs into a spicy, musky cherry powder. The cherry remains the dominant note, and I have to try to detect anything else.

Conclusion: Note for me. If the cherry weren't so strong, and the vanilla hadn't disappeared, this might work fabulously for me. As it is, I'll pass.

Edited by Aredhel

This was a gift from the lab. Normally I avoid alcohol scents, but this sweet wine is not triggering the anxiety I usually feel with them. It is warm and autumnal. It smells like I would imagine warm mulled cherry wine might. Wearing it, I could almost see a goblet of this drink : shining red in the candlelight with murky depth where some of the spices have sunk down. This is seamlessly blended and changes only subtly as it dries down. It would be splendid in the cool weather.

Sadly, this smelled almost exactly like hellfire on me - it developed quickly on my skin into a sort of heavy, slightly sweet, musty tobacco smell. Whatever scent family that is, it really doesn't blend well with my skin.

If you love hellfire however, I strongly recommend trying Blood Kiss.

Note - I never got any cherries, vanilla, chocolate or wine - mis-labeled imp or weird skin chemistry?

Edited by OdetteOdile

Initial Sniff: Dripping honeyed cherries in wine.

Wearing: When wet, this is spiced cherries with a bit of wine. Positively scrumptious! As it dries, the vetiver comes out more and more until it overtakes all.

Final Impressions: It is always the same with vetiver, I'm afraid.

the description on this one lured me in; it just sounds too sexy.

on me though... there's this dry biting aftertaste that goes straight to the back of my throat. it's a wonderful scent, and it's just sweet enough, and the vetiver stops it from being too girly, but i can't get past that feeling in my throat.

Blood amber and desire's child :P This one is just a delightful blend in which the vanilla notes do NOT go playdoh! The wine makes it damned near edible in smell and it is tempting to lick the spot where it is applied. The dragon's blood is very aparent but is strongly supported rather than being a floaty scent like dragon tears. I still like blood amber best because it is a skin scent for me, but this one is quite close, it's a spiced skin scent :D I never get any of the powder scen at all.

In Bottle: Pure delicious vanilla and cherry.

On Skin: The cherry and vanilla are there, but something turned instant powder on me. I thought I smelled a resin of some sort but it must be the cherries and musk. I can smell the earthy vetiver… very subtle. This scent is so delicous, but the musk and vetiver keep it from being too foody. Not sure if I smell the poppy since I don’t sense a floral…. After about 20 minutes the clove is very strong. An emotion I’d use for this scent is sweet lust. YUM! This is my favorite of the “Blood” scents so far. I want a bigger bottle!

I am extremely wary of vetiver because it always is the strongest note in a blend and stinks of perm chemicals on my skin. But I figured the other notes in this one would surely overpower it.

It was really very sexy. The cherry, vanilla and honey were very strong, thick and rich. The vetiver stayed in the background until later in the day when it started to come out and prickle in my nose. The next morning, it was clinging to my hair and was very unpleasant. But while wearing it on my skin, I enjoyed it for the most part, as did my husband. :P

Wet the sweeter notes come out: vanilla, honey and clove over vetiver and musk.

Dry the wine and the poppy come out, and the cherry is shyly hidden behind the wine.

In my skin this one is in the middle of O and Blood, sexy and smooth. Lovely.

Right out of the bottle, I was getting clove and cherry with a bit of vanilla off of this oil and had a moment of 'do I want to -wear- this or -drink- it?' I decided to be safe and wear it, since drinking it probably isn't healthy even if it smells delicious. :P

Wet, the clove came up and screamed my name while doing a nice little dance to get my attention, swinging the cherry around. I still was having those thoughts about food, only now it was my own wrist that I was considering.

As it dried and I came to class, the hints of vanilla and honey that I was getting from the bottle faded quite a bit. Now, several hours later, I have a rich sweet clove scent left with a kind of incense-like scent to it.

I rather like this, though it's more sensual that I tend to wear for general use. I can definitely see wearing this to go out, or even stay in, on days or nights when I want to feel like a giant cat who has nothing better to do than lie in the sun and purr. But it's too heavy for me to see wearing too often. I'll be keeping the imp of this and replacing it when it's out, but I wouldn't wear it often enough to use a whole bottle before the bottle started to get kind of icky. If the vanilla and honey had stayed stronger, I probably would consider it for more general use, but with those gone, the clove just takes over the show. Although I know that wine is listed in the description of this, I only get the faintest hint of the note that is so overpowering for me in Delphi, which is good because I DO love the clove scent in Blood Kiss.

If I ever have a social life again, this would be something that I could see wearing on dates. If only to see if my date thought that it was as sensual as I did. *grins* I could also see using this in the oil burner on a stay-in date. If I ever have those again with the hypothetical social life. :D

Blood Kiss

in the bottle: barely sweet, something heavy – that must be the vetiver

wet: mildly warm sweetness (honey/vanilla/clove? Yes) but with several different dimensions to the scent – I get a hint of vetiver, but then it’s gone again and I get something (wine?). Each sniff is a bit different! Let’s see what it does with my skin and drying

drying/5 minutes: a bit more musky now (or more vetiver, likely both), this is a barely-sweet scent. It’s there, but comes and goes. I suspect mainly from the cherry, as it’s a fruit sweet, not sugar sweet. Although I can convince my nose it’s a honey dipped cherry too.

dry/30 minutes: it’s fading a bit on me, but a musky sweetness is how I’d best summarize it. I cannot make out any specific note, but reading the scent description I can nod my head and say ‘yup’ and it seems like I can smell the vanilla, honey, cloves, cherries, vetiver, wine and musk in there. No clue on the poppy scent (poppy flowers? Poppy seeds?)

I LOVE this one! It combines sweetness with grit in a way that makes cherry and dragon's blood smell dangerous.

The much-maligned vetiver is fantastic in this, and so is the clove- they combine to amp up the smokey quality of the resin and make it earthier and dirtier than ever before.

The cherry stays in the background, adding an almost medicinal sweetness. "medicinal" may not sound like a positive adjective, but it IS a good thing in this one. The whole blend is catch-in-the-back-of-your-throat thick, and it has amazing throw. It feels like it oozes all around you.

Beth makes scents for every kind of sexual situation, and this one is for dirty, dirty sex. It probably won't be good in the middle of August, but for a cold night in black vinyl, you can't get much better than this.

Immediately, cherries, sweet syrupy cherries *worried*...

Drying, the sweetness fades and I can briefly pick up the other notes now and again. Touch of vanilla here, honey there...

I was SO hoping to love this and I *think* I do. Only wish it would hang around long enough for me to appreciate it more. Maybe layered w/O or Bordello...

Final verdict: I'm going to use my imp & try layering. Otherwise, alone, goes from uber cherry sweet to absolutely yummy, then gone. Within minutes :D

ETA: I LOVE this!! Already ordered a bottle :P

Edited by Eros

Blood Kiss kind of crept up on me. I found it overwhelming at first, too strong, especially the clove, but my boyfriend asked me what I was wearing and said it smelt delicious and also interesting, "unlike the others" which he's just found very sweet. At first, although I agreed it smelt interesting, I felt like it didn't really suit my personality.

Later that night I went out to a bar to see a band, and despite all the cigarette smoke and beeriness of the place, I could still catch whiffs of Blood Kiss - this being 5 hours after I'd put it on! It was so warm and musky and like it had settled in to stay. When my boyfriend picked me up at midnight (8 hours after I'd put it on) he said that I smelt good. WHAT??? I sniffed my clothes and all I got was stinky smoke. But then I smelt it too. Blood Kiss really is a keeper. I'll just have to be careful not to put on too much at first, cos that clove smell really knocked me over when it was wet!

Oh, and the next morning I *still* smelt like Blood Kiss. And it *still* smelt good!

My only reservation is that it's possibly not really me, but the oil itself is genius. Maybe I'll learn to love it as much as it clearly loves me :P

Edit: I agree wholeheartedly with Misfitroxy's description of Blood Kiss as "gother-than-thou". K and I have dubbed it eau-de-goth! Which is perhaps why I don't think it's very me, since my personal style/image is more sexy librarian/girl friday/50's housewife, hah. But it's just stunningly beautiful. Yes.

Edited by innerellipse

Blood Kiss is the first BPAL scent that I put on my wrists and just knew was perfect.

In the bottle, it is complex, more "perfumey" than I usually wear, in that it cearly has a floral/musk undertone, but the vanilla and wine and deep fruityness balance that for me. And, of utmost importance, it would seem that poppy is not a migraine trigger for me!

I love this scent on. It has amazing staying power and just envelopes me in a way that none of the other oils I've tried (only 8 to date, to be fair) have. Hours later, it is a *little* powdery, but I can still smell the richness that was there in the bottle and wet on my skin (this smells remarkably similar to me in all stages, actually). I definitely want at least a 5ml of this one...

This smelled sour and off to me when I first got into bpal, but I've grown to really like wine scents and have learned that some scents need to age a bit before slathering.

This is dark, plush red wine that's sweetened with cherry (but not turned sickly sweet from the cherry), with bits of dark, sultry spiciness from the clove and hint of vetiver. It smells dark and aggressively sexy to me lately, which I like a lot when I'm in a certain mood ^_^ and this is one that I find gets better (less sour, more sweet & smooth) with some aging.

Edited by Little Bird

This is much sweeter than I expected. Vanilla, honey, cherries, and something dark. Ah, now I smell the clove—actually, I feel it in my nose more than I really smell it. There’s an impression of rich chocolate, but I know it’s not really there. This is a very sensual scent, that brings to mind rich chocolate-covered cherries, but the clove keeps it from being sickly-sweet.

In the imp I smell cherries, something tangy, something green, hints of dragon's blood and what I think is musk.

I don't smell and clove, cherry, or wine with it on. This smells like sweet dragon's blood to me, with faint hints of vanilla and what I'm believe is musk. I'm pretty sure musk is what I keep thinking is perfumey? And when it's strong, it makes me think of perfume my maternal grandmother tends to wear, thus the old lady association. I could be way the hell off track, though. Maybe I'll hunt up a single note of musk so I can figure it out.

Blood Kiss is a very nice scent, though not what I was hoping for. I get no cloves, which I love, and only the faintest vanilla hint, and no wine or cherries. Incense/perfume. Not what I'm looking for in a daily wear perfume, but maybe a good occasional one, or one for during some rituals I do. Similar to Bastet, but doesn't go/seem as old ladyish on me, and it isn't as strong. I think I need to test this again to see whether or not I should swap it away.

I like this one when I'm in a sweet mood, since I generally hate foody scents and this one has a dark core.

In the bottle: Cherry, then vanilla, clove & vetiver

First on: The cherry vanilla stays on pretty strong at first before it dulls down to a clove base. The vetiver doesn't take over, but just simmers on the bottom.

Drydown: This one stays pretty true to bottle. It hasnt' changed at all since the first 15 minutes or so.

Origin - imp fresh from the lab

Preconceived Notions - I bought this because of the creamy vanilla, honey and clove, even though I know the cherries and vertiver will probably kill it for me.

Wet - cherries, with a dark, musky note.

Dry I am just about to note how delicous this is when it begins turning into a cacophony on me. I get cherries and honey/vanilla sweetness alongside the stomach turning retch of vetiver. Nope, this isn't going to work on me...the vetiver is taking over. All I get is cherries and vetiver now.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 1.

Blood Kiss

This was a freebie from the lab. Thanks!

Preconceived notions: Sounds very sensual and intoxicating, but perhaps a little too sweet.

In the vial:

Yes. It smells like a lighter, wetter Centzon Totochtin. Juicy and sweet.

On me:

Seriously, this is like Centzon Totochtin without the chocolate and tobacco, but with a sharp edge that I think might be red musk or vetiver. It’s sweet and round with a bite. Lush red wine, sweet cherries, and pain.

Within one minute the edge is stronger, and the sweetness is dying down a little.

In 10 minutes:

About the same. This is a wet, bright red scent. Delightfully sinful.

In 30 minutes:

Still about the same, though more subdued. Darker, rustier.

In 45 minutes:

Much sweeter now, I think the vanilla is coming out. It’s smoky, alluring, and slinky.

In 1 hour:

Still sweet smoke with a core of biting red.

Overall:

I love this. This is what I wanted from Lust.

Edited to say:

Thinking about the sex thread, this is wild, animalistic, biting sex.

Edited by Witch's Dagger

Bottle (Imp): Mmm, this is sweet and sultry.

Just On: It goes on as sweet, smooth, and sultry all at once. Since I'm so horrible at describing notes, I guess I'll stick with impressions.

An hour or two later: It's still sultry, and not as sweet. Certainly not cloying, though I can imagine some folks might think so. It's one of those that is turning into a skin scent.

Around 6 hours: Mmm, the sweetness is coming back, and it's lovely. It smells like me, but better.

12 hours: Oh, this fades out into a lovely sweet powder scent.

Overall: This has jumped right onto my big bottle list (ya know, for someday when I can afford to buy tons of bottles <g>).

After reading other reviews: Hmm, I didn't get alcohol or cherries, but I loved it no matter. Yet another lovely scent that just blew me away.

In the vial this one smelled like cherry and spicy wood. The wood scent went away on my skin immediately and the cherry never got too sweet or cough syrupy like some of the others. Now that it's dry on my skin, it smells really nice. It's spicy and warm with a touch of sweetness. :P