Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lavinia

Blood Kiss

Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect with this . I'm not a big fan of cherry scents . All I can think of is cough drops when I smell it in a scent . And upon opening the frimp ( THANKS LABBIES !!! ) the cherry was the main thing I was getting up my nose . But , it wasn't overpoweringly sweet , so I went ahead & applied some . Really glad I did now , as through some combination of the cherry , vetiver , clove & wine this has turned into the most lovely cherry tobacco I've smelled in quite a while . At least until I get my nose right over the spot I applied it , then I can sort out things . But from a slight distance , it's really wonderful pipe dreams :P Needless to say , I'm impressed .

hhmm what to put. well in the bottle it smelled awesome but on wet it stank! :P

i think it was the vetivert or musk or something.

dry down-ok now its way better i dont smell cherries or clove but atleast i dont smell that musky stench.

this is ok but ill have to try it again before i make any deff decisions.

My bottle of Blood Kiss is at least two years old, so I can't attest to how it smells fresh, but the stuff I have is good. I remember being really dismayed when I first tried BK because it's very similar to Athens - who knew wine, cherries, and clove would smell just like wine, myrrh, and honey? Blood Kiss is definitely sexier and more of an in-your-face kind of scent while Athens is more refined and distant. The two notes in BK that really stand out are the cherries and clove, although at times I can catch slight whiffs of honey. Overall, this deserves to be a BPAL classic. I think it's one of those scents that every BPAL fan should try at some point - it really captures that decadent feeling that the Lab does so well.

4/5

This scent smells varies wildly for me. It can be nice if a little havy. Or it smells warm, sexy and gorgeous. Perhaps I should wear it several days in a row and see if I can work out what I really think it semlls on me. :-)

i really liked this one when i first opened the imp. very sweet, creamy (vanilla) and juicy (cherry), which made my mouth water :D . it smelled nice on me, very rich and complex. but as it has aged, it has changed into a much sharper, sour scent. it comes out simply as cherry tobacco, and heavy on the tobacco. i am wondering if the traces of my body chemistry on the wand have changed it. i say this because i got a bottle of pumpkin iv (which i love!) in the same order, which also has cherry tobacco. i got a glass wand capper to put on that bottle, and it seems the same effect has occurred with that scent, as well, though not to the same degree.

i'm not giving up on blood kiss, yet, though, because it is the first bpal scent so far that i have had an interesting physical reaction to. :P

this one is sooo complex to me! every few minutes this scent changes until it finally settles down like a smokey cherry. and I can smell every single note that is on the list, and the red wine note here is nice to me. :P

very nice, but I'm worried a bit by a note that reminds me of cigare filters, so I'll have to think about this one...

Hoooooo mama. :joy:

In the bottle it wasn't great for me -- very dry, woodsy and syrupy-sweet.

On my skin, wet: very strong woodsiness, with a complicated mix of milk, honey, berries, molasses and...something else...underneath.

On my skin, dry: it's heaven. It's like a black berry-infued tea, sweetened with lots of unpasteurized honey and full of milk. There's wine in there and tobacco too. There is something musky and threatening underneath.

This smell is PURE SEX!!!!! Without the mess.

Blood Kiss: something awful happened here. I ordered the imp and was 90 % sure I would love it based on the description…but I was sorely mistaken.

I do not have what you’d call a sophisticated nose, so I can’t separate exactly what it was that did me in…but, when introduced to my chemistry, this went horrifically METALLIC.

I waited it out, hoping that it would mellow down, but every sniff sent rusty daggers into my brain. The really aggravating part was that I could tell there was something complex and potentially wonderful going on underneath the acrid smell of red-hot instruments of torture…but it could not break through!

I am confused and somewhat baffled by this new aspect of my chemistry, and wish I could pin down the enemy note/s to prevent future disappointment, but I just don’t know…

I just got an imp of this today and I put it on right away because I've been dying to try it.

I love it but I'm not in love with it. Some part of it is making my allergies flare up and I think I feel the dreaded sinus headache coming on; I'm really really hoping that's due to something else. If it is, then I'll be in love. I want to be in love.

To me it smells spicy and woody, like a box of treasured spices. A little bit sweet, too. It doesn't give me the OMG Sexy Drool Effect, though. I'll update this if it changes. I think if I can't use it as a skin fragrance then I definitely want to use it as a home fragrance for, say, a clothes closet.

This is in a category of scents that I tried, didn't like (but didn't hate), took a few notes on, and then vowed to test again. Except the testing never happened because I spent more time with new and more intriguing scents.

I was with several friends when I initially tried this. It reminded me immediately of something VERY specific. I was practically doing the crazy dance while madly huffing, trying to figure out WHAT in the heck it was. It wasn't a bad smell, but it wasn't a perfume smell to me -- it was a very specific scent memory. Then it hit me! DOG SHAMPOO. :lol: The "green" kind that we always used in the 80s and 90s. I was much relieved to figure this out, but it made it really hard to take the oil seriously as perfume after that. Even without the association, I have a feeling Blood Kiss would not be for me, as I am not a big cherry fan, and cloves are dangerous territory. It wasn't offensive by any means, and I can see cherry lovers really digging it.

Blood Kiss was among my first imps, the description alone had me thinking it was something I would love...and boy was I right.

Pure lust - syrupy, deep and sensual. The clove and musk smell like a hazy dream, and the lighter, sweet cherry notes are intoxicating.

I will definitely be ordering a 5ml bottle of it. Mmmm.

Hrrngghagaegag. Yes. This is brilliant.

I grew up as one of those weird elementary-school/middle-school girls with a potentially embarrassing "thing" for vampires (actually, I think I've still got it...), so color my thirst satisfied by Blood Kiss. :nod:

Was worried that the cherry would be too syrupy-sweet, but the vetiver adds just enough darkness to keep it in check, and meanwhile the vanilla and honey contribute this amazing thick creaminess that reminds me of O. I love the wine in this as well; while I kind of understand comparisons to Midnight Kiss, MK went very grape-y on my skin, and the wine is much more subtle in Blood Kiss.

I don't know how long this teeny imp will last me (I've gone through a third of it already, and I just got it! haha!), so for now I'm going to try mixing plain Blood and O in hopes of getting something slightly similar. XD It's not really working. Should have gone for a bottle on this one, I guess!

In the bottle: Vetiver and musk with a slight sweetness. No clove to speak of. Very dark and sharp. Thorny for lack of a better word. Heated and male.

Wet: It sweetens up almost immediately on me. Vetiver and cherry are neck and neck with something woodsy sneaking up in the rear.

Dry: The vetiver has backed down a bit and the clove and musk are really blending into the smell of wood. Furniture not forests. Sweetened cherry has risen up and there is an undercurrent of what I'm thinking is the wine. The notes are melding beautifully. It just gets richer and richer.

Overall: I really enjoy this! Dark but very sweet. Other people have said that this calls up cherry tobacco and I can see that, only a bit more complex. This is what I would expect a private men's club to smell like, someplace like White's circa 1813. Dim and warm with old wood, tobacco and cherry brandy. More appropriately, a woman who hangs out in such a place with the boys. Masculine but only by association. Lovely.

I smelled the vetiver first thing out of the imp and was sore afraid. But on...the cherry disappears, the vetiver gets out of the limelight, and it ends up smelling a bit like baked goods on me (well, vanilla and clove...). I don't know if it's something I would wear often, but it's definitely a pleasant surprise!

In the imp: A very deep red scent--sweet, fruity and sensual, but with a definite dark, almost earthy edge. First sniff is strong honey and clove, followed by very red cherries and wine, with a subtle but distinct undercurrent of vetiver that suggests dirt--a bit like Earth Phoenix. Beneath the sweetness, this one feels menacing and sexual.

On, wet: This is so weird. On the one hand, I'm really attracted, and on the other hand, it's so… ominous. Strange. Disturbing. But I'm fascinated. Less cherry and honey now, but more spicy-sweet clove and bold red wine (mulled, sort of), while the vanilla and poppy are blooming now and adding a different sort of sweetness… but underneath it all are the vetiver and musk, adding this subtle undercurrent of corruption and aggressive sexuality, undercutting the sweetness. And yet, the smell reminds me of nothing so much as... Athens? Huh. Figure that one out. It must be the honey and red wine together.

On, dry: Blended into a unique scent now: smooth, spicy, dark red, sensual and sinister. It's so well blended, in fact, that it's difficult to pick the notes apart. It's like smoky, musky mulled wine with dark cherries floating in it, sweetened by honey. The heavy poppy makes it a bit languid.

Later: Smoky, musky cherry-vanilla, spiked with spicy clove. The vetiver has totally disappeared into the mix, and the honey is all but gone, although there's still a trace of red wine beneath the sweetness. It's dark and delicious and sexy, but surprisingly faint.

Overall: I wasn't crazy about the smell of this in the imp or when very first applied, but it's one of those blends that has to be on your skin to be fully appreciated. Once it's on my skin, it morphs very rapidly into a complex but silky, sexy, well-blended perfume—very dark, very red, very confident. I'm not sure it's really me, but I like what it does for me. It's sweet but extremely seductive and wicked, perfect for a vampire's kiss. I'd say this is an especially good one for those who fear unrestrained vetiver, because it behaves itself well here, and it's a good example of how it can give a blend an unsettling edge without ever taking over.

Edited by Bluestocking

When I first got this imp, it was all sweet cherry. Now as it's aged, it's incredibly spicy with the clove storming in and taking over as soon as I apply it. I'm hoping the clove relaxes and allows some of that cherry I initially loved so much in this blend to come through. There is a masculinity to this that I am assuming is the vetiver--a note that normally makes me run screaming but it seems to work in this blend, giving it a subtle darkness. Not too much vanilla coming through but I'm sure after a few hours, there it will be. There is sexy and dark, intriguing and not mellow in the least--a vampire kiss indeed.

Blood Kiss is an interesting one, and the first one I tried in the few Imps I got.

In bottle: Something very sweet and sharp is hitting me; not sure if this is going to work or not.

On wrist, wet: It's becoming complex. I can finally figure out that the sharp spicy scent is cloves, and it's mellowing into something very nice. The vanilla and cherry start to rise to the top.

Dry: This has mellowed into something deliciously dark that I really enjoy. I get hints of the clove, the cherry has faded to a sometimes sweetness, and the honey/vanilla is melding with that undertone of musk.

The boyfriend comes home in a few hours; gonna go put a bit more on and surprise him. ;)

This is my first 'blood' scent, and it surely won't be my last! :D

Wet, my husband says he smells the pipe tobacco (half&half) his grandfather smoked many many years ago. To me wet this is slightly sweet cherry/vanilla with an earthy musky backdrop.

Then upon drying the sweet mellows down and leaves more of the smooth musk/spice peeking through. It is so well blended - no one note pops out. Instead it's just sexy-spicy-warm wonderfulness. Must have a bottle!

Initially, really dark vetivered cherries. Usually vetiver makes me gag, but the cherries (though not my favorite fruit) are tempering it to manageable levels.

On drydown, the vetiver backs off, the cherries emerge and the other notes float around in a fuzzy background -- I'm getting some incensyness as well.

Overall, really nice if you like cherries, which, unfortunately, I do not.

this stuff makes me want to suck my dude's face off...i smell faint hints of honey but entirely CLOVE on me...i smell clove and wine's...

this is yum... ITS A WINNER.

I should have known, after having a HORRIBLE experience with Blood, not to try Blood Kiss... but I can't land any BPAL product and NOT try it, so here's how it went:

In the vial: Vetiver and musk up front, cherry and clove dancing around behind. Something about this scent makes me slightly nauseated, and the overall smell of it reminds me of something... but oh, what is it? I really want to like this one, but so far I'm getting a baddd feeling about it.

Wet: Smells exactly like in the bottle, just a bit more clovey and much darker.

Drying: As today was definitely one of those multi-tasking days, I quickly forgot about Blood Kiss to tackle some other tasks. At one point I stopped and sniffed the air wondering what IS that? It smelled, I kid you not, like someone had spilled some kind of sugary booze on one of the carpets or on the furniture. I walked around awhile trying to sniff it out before I realized it was on my wrists. Upon closer inspection, I whiff up a HORRIBLE booze scent with something like sticky sweet cough syrup in the background. It's like waking up at noon in the summer and clearing up the heated glasses of leftover bourbon off the porch from the night before. There's also alot of heat in here, definitely from the clove.

Dry: Oh man, all clove. Not even left-over booze anymore. JUST clove. What a shame, I really wanted to like this. But I've learned a very important lesson here, clove just does NOT work on me. Every other ingredient loves my skin, but clove just had to go ruin it for everyone.

Oh well, I'm not bitter. My boy works well in clove (and in all of Blood Kiss' other ingredients), so I'll just have him try some, and maybe it will be all the deliciousness I had hoped it would've been on me.

I really wanted to like this one, description from the lab sounded perfect, it was in my very first order from the lab so I didn't know what exactly would work well on me.

In the imp it was a lovely sweet oil.

On my skin it took on a very sharp strong smell. I wore it for about half an hour before getting a headache and washing it off.

I wore it a few more times (I really wanted to like it) but it always had the same effect.

Not a keeper

Wow.

Wet: Juicy cherries, not cough syrup fake, but dark marshino. I also get a hint of wood (vetiver) and spice. Delicious.

Drying: Creamy vanilla and honey waft out. They add to the cherry scent as background notes, wood and spice are gone.

Dry: This lasts long!! Its not sugary, just creamy dark cherries. - In fact the filling in cherry pie? That you can get in a can? This is it.

This is one of the ONLY Bpal scents that cans tick around for more than 4 hours on my skin. In fact this lasts about 6-8. :yum:

This smells like dark chocolate covered cherries. Sadly cocoa is a note that I'm not particularly fond of, so I'll pass.

Initially this smells like cinnamon snickerdoodles on me :lol:

But then after a bit the wine and clove come out more, no vetiver to be seen (sniffed) thank goodness!

I don't get the honey or vanilla! which is strange, I usually amp honey to high hell.

It's kinda foody on me in a christmasy way, saving for the colder months.