Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Hellcat

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

In the Imp:
RUM! That doesn't turn horribly sweet and yucky to my nose! Woo! I can pick out the almond and a mix of the others. It's boozey and foody and sweet. I like it already.

Wet:
Complete almond at first, very sweet but rather like Amaretto. Okay, now there's a bit of honey and the rum is coming through a bit. Definitely warm in the most decadent way possible.

Dry:
It's not quite as overpowering as it was wet. I can smell the hazelnut now, and the rum isn't turning horrible on me! This is going to be fantastic in winter! After about ten minutes, everything has blended together fabulously. I can kindof pick out the hazelnut/almond notes, but not really. It's nutty and slightly foody and boozey and oh my god, it's decadent!

After 30 Minutes:
It doesn't warm my nose anymore, but it still smells very nice. It's making me hungry! :P The honey has decided to make a second appearance, but it fades between the almond and rum in a wonderfully patisserie-in-autumn type of way.

Rating (out of 5):
5 Edited by Shollin

In the imp: almond frosting and butter rum.

Wet on me: A blast of buttery booze! Reminds me of sniffing almond extract. There's something a little bit acrid here, a burnt-sugar like I got from Gluttony.

After a few minutes: Still almond and burnt sugar.

Drydown: burnt demerara sugar. Unusual, a little acrid, but pretty damn good!

Edited by Baitu

first sniff: hazelnut, buttercream, rum.

wet: The same, and the almond & hazelnut really come out.

dry: The sweetness backs off after a while, and it's almost woody. This appears to be the first scent to have been eaten by my skin. It lasted no more than 90 minutes tops. Of course, it smells good enough I'd eat it, too. :P

Initial impression:

Mmm, boozy and sweet, rich almonds! A beautiful and sensual scent.

First on:

The scent immediately gets warmer – almonds mix with strong hazelnut and a smell more like beer than proper honey mead.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's gone very ugh – the nuttyness of Judith Victorious meets the booze of Grog, both nightmares on my skin. This is gentler, a little sweeter, and not as disgusting, but it's really not for me at this point.

20-30 mins after application, it's softening, but it's still not doing well with my chemistry. Sad but true.

Finally:

Blasted skin chemistry! Swapping this one.

Wet/Imp: HOMG almond. Almond and hazlenut, and that's it, and strongly.

Dry (10 mins): Still all almond and hazlenut, strong enough to knock me over.

Dry (an hour or so): Softer now, faded, but still all hazlenut and almond and very strong. I'll keep the imp, but this isn't something I'd want a bottle of. D:

Edited by River

In the imp: Sweetness incarnate; almonds, buttercream and hazelnut

Wet On Skin: Oh gawd...it turned rancid on me. Smells more like a hellcat's butt. The almond becomes this sickly nasty thing. I guess my chemistry hates almond.

Dry on skin: Still hellcat butt.

Conclusion: I'll probably keep this around to see how it ages or use it as an oil burner scent because it smells pretty good when not on my skin.

in imp: boozy, slightly sweet

wet: same as in imp

dry down: boozy scent faded, slightest hint of hazelnut. very faint. faded in one hour.

I was hoping for sweet hazelnut goodness, tooth hurting sweet. Sadly disappointed. Ill try again some other day and hope for better results.

In the imp: Sweet, with something creamy and a slight whiff of alcohol

Wet: Sweet buttery cream, the alcohol becomes a little bit sharp, and a slight spicy scent begins to build

Dry: The spicy scent becomes really strong as it drys and morphs into smelling like potpourri that has lost most of its scent and now smells mostly like dry flowers and woods

Sadly, this one is not for me.

Bottle: Buttercream and rum

Wet: Mmm, this is yummy! Buttercream and hazelnut along with a creamy rum. I've never tried Storyville but this is close to what I imagine it would be like.

Drydown: This is creamy and sweet with a hint of booze that makes it more grown up than the usual sweet scents. I love this!

4.0 outta 5

Hellcat is wonderful!! Smelling it in the imp it seems like the perfect shot, sweet, delicious and ready to knock you on your butt.

I'm not sure such a food/alcohol smell is a good idea but, WTH I slather it on and wear it to work. By the time I get to work, I can smell a wonderful spicy warm, toasted caramel. It stays pretty much like that all day, after about 6 hours, I can still smell a little, but I'm loving it so much that I reapply a little. Mmmm.

I smell like the world's largest hazelnut candle, but I don't care, I'm in love and I can't believe that nobody says how great I smell. :P Oh well, if they don't like it, that's tough because I'm going to wearing a lot of this all winter long. :D

wow, hellcat is boozey! the buttercream (in the imp, this is just DELICIOUS), mead and rum are divine but the almond is too cloying for my tastes. unfortunately i also amp almond to an unheard of degree so if it would only behave itself a little better this could be lovely. sadness. :P

in the bottle sweet and earthy.

wet on skin there's something that's just a little spicy, although i'm not sure what, looking at the notes. it's almost nutmeg.

dry on skin ha! it's sugar cookies! it smells just like some kind of pale, sugar sprinkled cookie. very nice. i tested this on my daughter; now i have to retest it on myself. she has a tendency to dry out most notes.

In the botlle: Warm chocolately-nuttiness. A lil' something I can't at first quite name.

Wet: Spicy rum! That's what I was missing. A sort of boozey yum. Strong, but I can live with it.

Drying down: Still living and glorious. Love my Imp and I'm thinking of a 5ml. Intoxicating

Final Notes:

Definitly a keeper. Now I smell the pumpkie pie and firewood smoke. Just how I picture this scent. A little strong, so I won't wear it often. :P

imp: this smells like a sweet, buttery toffee just loaded with chunks of hazelnut. :P

wet: i get more almond once it's applied, a buttery, almondy booze. double yum.

dry: the boozy scent evaporates and leaves only a sticky, buttery scent. i think i can catch the barest hint of almond but no more hazelnut.

In the Imp:

*recoil* WHAT IS THAT??? It smelled like rum and sour milk to me, but i know that they smell different when dry.

Wet-

still overwhelming, but the sour milk smell has turned to a milk and almond scent. Not bad with the rum and a hint of spice.

Dry-

very sweet and sexy- a good scent to wear to a bar or out on town. Will gladly keep this imp.

Delicious and decadent! Amaretto and hot buttered rum. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to last more than an hour on me....guess I'd better slather :P

Hellcat and my chemistry hated each other at first touch, I think.

Initial impression: Hideous boozy B.O. Seriously. This is the first BPAL oil I've tried that's made me actually recoil from the smell on my skin. I thought about washing it off, but decided to tough out that initial phase.

Drydown brought a nuttier, vaguely candle-store phase, which faded into a very soft cream with cocoa overtones; not actively awful (unlike the opening stage!) but still not fabulous and maybe a tiny bit artificial-smelling. Once dry, the scent was faint and very close to my skin -- I had to really stick my nose into my wrist to pick anything up.

Not for me!

I'm a serious sugar-foodie, so I was looking forward to trying this one. I've never smelled any of the blends with nuts (other than almond) in them, and I'm very curious. :P

In the imp, oh yeah - that's seriously buttery/boozy. Smells like butterscotch or butterscotch schnapps to me! I do get the sweet almond-cherry note, too, but it's the top harmony to the butterscotch.

On my skin, hello almond! All the almond blends do this as they touch my skin - it's all almond for a few minutes, and then the other notes get to come and out and play as the almond burns off.

This is a bit strong for my tastes - undeniably boozy and sweet, but a bit too much (even for me, who loves foody scents!). Then again, I'm not a fan of most boozy notes, in general - they tend to the "too strong" end of the spectrum, for me, simply because I can't really pull that sort of scent off.

Serious throw on this one, though. I keep getting butterscotch schnapps wafts, and if I press my nose to my wrist I get a bit of an undercurrent of some sort of spicy wood.

Too much for me, alas. Off to the swaps with you, Hellcat!

Imp: Holy sweetness, Batman! I couldn't pick out any scent over another, just sweet.

Wet: Goes through a few phases: sweet, cake, then burnt cake (not like carbonized cake, more like caramelized cake. Burnt in a pleasant way.)

Dry: Still got a cakey smell to it, a little more almondy, and still pleasantly burnt. It reminds me of something, but I can't think of it for the life of me. I like it, though.

I really like Hellcat. Im all about foody smells!

In the bottle it smells really buttery booze. The rum is a little sharp in the bottle.

On my skin though, its just almond and very strong buttercream. I smell just like a delicious

piece of cake. Id describe the scent as very creamy, so whenever I want to be

creamy, this is the scent Im gonna wear.

in the bottle:butter-almond-sugar-goodness- YEAH! :D

wet on skin: lots of almond, a bit of butter cream peeking through :D

dry down: the almond settles and a beautiful mix of creme, honey, sugar and the barest hint of hazelnut has made this easily in my top 10 :P

in all: stock up- i can tell already that this will only get better with age!

In bottle: buttery rum with some almond. It makes me think of liquored-up marzipan.

On skin: I can definitely smell the rum and now the hazelnut, too. It smells toasted and the almond has all but disappeared. I can finally catch a hint of the buttercream with a richness behind it. Ahh, there's the honey mead. God, that is an awesome note! :P This one is a winner! I'm so glad this is a GC so I can hoard to my heart's delight. *chuckle*

Got to try this yesterday as my sister has an imp. Loved the smell in the container and it worked well on my skin, settling into a nice creamy smell.

"Why the RUM??!!!??"

You know, the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean where Captain Jack awakens on the deserted island to find that Swann has built an enormous signal fire using the secret stash of rum?

Anyway, it took me forever to actually try Hellcat because of the burning smell. For some bizarre reason I originally thought it would be a good scent to try on my daughter, so I swiped it on her unsmelled. WRONG. She smelled like a tiny roadhouse, complete with spilled rum & coke and cigarette smoke. Or maybe a trash barrel fire.

In any event, it was weeks later before I recovered enough from the experience to try Hellcat on myself. Much better. It is a very heavy scent wet on my skin. A dark mixture of burnt sugar almond and buttercream. Sweet but very very smokey. It lightens up after about twenty minutes to a caramel-y candle smell, although I can still catch whiffs of the almond from time to time.

Very nice for a foody smell.

But, philistine that I am, I keep thinking -- "boy, I wish there where some flowers in this." I can even smell the "hole" where the floral scent belongs! Which just goes to show that I should only be allowed to review florals.

Best,

Tzi

In vial: strongly alcoholic and foody - like the best sort of Christmas pudding, or fruitcake doused in brandy.

Wet on skin: very cakey and rich. I can smell the nuts and the buttercream in with the strong booze note. It's not so much a cake that's been baked, but the raw mixture for a really luxurious fruit cake, or perhaps a fancy cake with a nut base and an alcoholic buttercream filling. Or is it Mr Nancy without the lime and tobacco?

Dry on skin: this is a lot like Mr Nancy. Sweet butter and rum. I won't be wearing it to work, but I will enjoy the imp very much, I think!