Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Hellcat

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

In the imp, I got the same kind of oddly cherry sweet scent I first get from Eclipse, and then I put it on. On my wrist, it's odd, because it stays that sweet and I even seem to have a hint of a floral in the background with some rum later. However, since I'd already tested it once and liked it well enough, I wore it out today. Which involves a swipe on my collarbone and another through my hair, and that bit of oil dried down to something smoother, creamier, with a teeeeeny hint of bite. Not even big enough to pick out if it was spice or the rum or what.

In the bottle: Whoa, a stampede of Almonds. then came the alcohol.

Initial On: almonds turning into cherries. still boozy.

Drydown - Rum is coming out, and some spices

Dry - calmer cherryish almonds, rum, creamy and buttery.

Hellcat

In the imp: boozy almonds! Oh dear, I'm really concerned about this rum note…

Wet on skin: poof, the almond evaporates, and, oh no…the rum's amping on my skin to the max…it's a sweet rum, but it's really boozy.

Dry on skin: ack, still a sharp, piercing rum scent, but I can smell some nice roasted hazelnut here. and just a hint of sweet buttercream. But the rum is evil here, it takes over the blend to no end.

After a while: the rum fades a little, letting the hazelnut come through, it's a lovely nutty scent, sweet and buttery with a hint of burnt sugar, but the rum is just too much.

After about two hours I get...vetiver! Yup, that's right. Most of the Diabolus scents eventually turn to vetiver on me which is weird, becuase here there is no vetiver listed. Oh well, I don't mind, I like vetiver anyway-at least it smells less like booze!

Verdict: I wanted to love this because I love the name. This scent really does have bite, but a bit too much for my nose. The rum is the culprit here. If there was no rum here, I would like this, with it's nutty sweetness, but the alcoholic note is so piercing and so strong, and so genuine it's scary. It does settle down after a while, but I don't really like the first stage enough to like this scent as a whole. Sorry Hellcat, you're a real bad drunk kitty, I'm afraid, off to swaps you go! I seem not to have any luck with these Diabolus scents…

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I couldn't wear Hellcat for very long, because it smelled like cherries in the bottle and stayed that way on my skin. I wanted the warm, rummy, buttercream smell other people got but instead -- cherries. I was so disappointed. :P

I just don't play well with this one. To me it smells like Christmas potpourri-cinnamon, cloves, spiced fruit...

Just not something I'd want to smell like.

Hellcat is destined to become a new favorite!

On the imp wand, it smells boozy and, to my nose, fruity, although I can't identify what fruit it might be.

Once I put it on my skin, the "fruit" develops and I realize that what I'm smelling is honey mead. I love honey mead. It's a wonderful sweet, full-bodied scent that puts me in the mind of happy times.

When the blend dries, that honey mead scent stays, but it's backed with something dry and crackly. This must be the nuts coming into play. A bit of the buttercream comes out too, to make the scent even richer. It's glorious.

I wish Hellcat had a bit bigger throw, but that might be fixable when I have more than an imp and can apply liberally. And I will have more than an imp. I'm so glad this is a catalog scent!

Wet - wow, in the bottle and on, at first I just get sweet. Teeth-achingly sweet. I get buttercream and a bit of almond.

Dry - omg, honey mead is as delicious as it sounds! On dry-down, it gets less sweet, and the honey mead and rum come out to play. Yum! This is absolutely delicious but it's a bit too sweet for even me, who loves Sugar Skull and Elegba. Still, I will definitely hang on to the imp, because this is yummy.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

The generous Rheliwen sent this to me. Thanks!

In the bottle:

Mm, rum and butterscotch. The alcohol is quite strong.

Wet:

The alcohol remains, but the creamy, sweet butter smell is amplified, along with the nutty goodness of almond and hazelnuts. There's something a little spicy in here too, not quite like cinnamon, but close enough to fool me. It's even a little like ginger. It's overpowering the alcohol pretty fast.

Drydown:

After a few minutes, the sweet spiciness is the dominant note; the creaminess is very faint and the rum has disappeared. It's making me think a little of Christmas potpourri, although it's only that spicy when I sniff up close. Farther away, it's sweeter and much fainter.

Then a few minutes later, the rum is back, the spiciness mellows, and now, ahhhh. I know exactly what this smells like!

It's December, and I'm sitting in the Three Cripples at the Dickens Christmas Faire in San Francisco. The lantern lights are flickering, people are talking in low voices, and everything is muted by the soft layer of sawdust on the floor. Inside the pub, I smell the honey mead I'm drinking, and the hot buttered rum being ordered at the counter. Outside vendors are selling spiced almonds and gingerbread cookies, and the smell wafts towards me. Everything is warm and soft and yummy-smelling, and Christmas is coming.

I think this will be a room-oil scent, since it's hard to wear as a perfume and fades rather quickly on me, but oh, I need a bigger bottle than my mostly-empty imp!

Hellcat and I should have been perfect for each other, mead, nuts, rum, buttercream...what's not to like. In the imp, I can smell each of these elements, swirled into the most delicious liquid icing and could barely wait to try it (but was afraid to try it on a work day, lest the rum be overpowering...).

On, it smells oddly like Gingerbread Poppet on me. Where is the spice coming from? The rum and the mead are gone. It is nutty gingerbread. Which is fine, but not what I wanted, really.

I have tried two separate imps of this now - one a decant from a swap which was OMG GINGERBREAD right off the bat, and another fresh from the Lab which held off for a bit before the spices set in. The first was so strong as to actual irritate my sinuses. The second was a little better, but at the end of the day, my imp of Poppet is enough for me. I want more booze!

:P

I was skeptical at first thinking the name sounded very fem and would not smell at all masculine on me. I was wrong.

Wet in the Bottle - Delicious like a big ol' rum ball. I wanted to drink it at first it was disturbingly delicious and sinister in it's seduction. (Note to self frangrance oils are friends not food). I get a notion, a slight one of the hazelnut and almond but this bad boy is all rum in the bottle.

Wet on My Skin: - Ah the courship ritual begins. The buttercream as well as honey mead begin to peek playfully out from behind the rum note which is consistent throughout. I think of... a rum ball... mmmm rum ball.. *drool*

Drydown: - (My favorite) This spicy meady delicious little rum ball has worked my senses over and settled into a soothing afterglow. I feel like smoking clove cigarettes, playing chess and waxing philosophical while wearing a black cashmere turtleneck. The spicy odorgasm that is Hellcat settles into my skin and takes hold. My skin amplifies (in a very naughty and nice way) the rum, almond, honey and hazelnut with a surprise clove smell which must come from my skin or something I can't figure out Beth's witchy ways. This is the second scent wth notes I pick up on my skin that are not listed. Must be my chemistry.... nah Beth is the sorceress of scentology.

Final Verdict: - Next order! Next order! I love it, I love it! :P

Edited by Dracul_Man

In the bottle:

Almond rum - VERY boozey

On me:

This is everything it says it is. It's boozey, and warm, and a little sweet. The rum note is probably strongest on me. I think this other boozey note I'm smelling is the honey mead, it's really not familiar to me at all, but is distinctly alcoholic. After about 5 minutes, this becomes primarily buttercream and hazelnut. It makes me think about Yankee Candle Company candles actually - if you were standing near the hazelnut coffee candles, it kind of smells like this lol. It's pleasant, and a little sweet, though on me it's surprisingly faint.

Final note:

This is nice, but not for me. I imagine people who enjoy boozey or foody scents will really like this :P

Hellcat

in vial: boozy almonds

wet: honey and almond

dry: this fades really fast, and is not nearly as strong as I expected it to be...the honey and almond scent is lovely, but I'm not sure I need a big bottle

verdict: undecided

ETA: this just doesn't last as long as I'd like...I'll use up the imp, but won't be buying a big bottle

Edited by sarahj

:P

This one smelled dee-lish in the imp, all warm cherries and buttercream, but on me, it just plain did not go. There was something rather--musty--in the dry-down. Really icky on my chemistry. My high hopes were dashed, utterly dashed! So sad. Love the name, though!

:D

Ah, Hellcat. My first ever boozy, foody perfume experience... this one is really quite delicious. It's hard to pick out individual notes; I can smell some almonds, and definitely plenty of rum, and so forth, but mostly it just smells good: nutty and sweet and a teensy bit fruity. I have to be careful when I apply because this stuff is strong, and too much of any scent makes me headachey.

On me, it turns into butterscotch and maple syrup; one hundred percent sugar and booze. It's nice, it has lovely throw and spectacular staying power (if I put it on in the afternoon I can still smell it the next morning), and a good "time to party" scent... but it's not quite me. I was looking for a signature going-clubbing scent... I'll use up the Imp, but I think I can do better.

A generous forumite tossed this in as a frimp when we traded... much gratitude to her, as this one lived up to every expectation I had for it.

In the bottle: sweet cream, with a whiff of some sort of sweet booze. It's not rum - that smells a bit different than this, so it must be the honey mead. It's nice.

On skin initially: the sweet cream and mead get pushed aside a bit to allow the hazelnut to dominate. I love hazelnut, and the cream and mead soften it to make it smell rather delicious. My son decided it smelled like a gingerbread man.

After an hour: The notes all settled together for a nice mingling of sweet boozy nuttiness. At this point, the mingling is so subtle and complete that I'd be hard pressed to pick out individual notes if I hadn't smelled them earlier. A keeper for certain, and a 5ml will be needed.

I was interested in smelling this since all the notes are so rich and foody. So I swapped for it. I don't think I've ever deliberately chosen a scent so unabashedly foody.

In the imp all I smell is butter and almond with a toasted biscuit-y tinge to it.

On my skin wet it smells boozey and sharp. There's a smell that my brain wants to call carnation, though I know that isn't it. I guess because it's spicy, and a bit clovey, which sometimes smells like carnation to me.

As it dries the booze note softens, and it turns molasses like. It also starts smelling strongly like clove cigarettes. It gives me the same feeling as Bathed and Infused's clove cigarette scent. It alternates in my brain between molasses and clove cigarette.

The way this scent has changed amazes me. As strong as the scent in the imp was, I get no butter at all. I'm also beginning to think I was tripping when I smelled almond. What I'm smelling now is a scent reminiscent of a summer I spent partying hard every weekend. Like I've been smoking cloves and drinking. A bit like maple whiskey at times too.

For some reason this makes me think of a friend I have, perched on his bar stool with a drink, long black ponytail, black clothes, and black cigarettes. I'm definitely going to have to try this layered with Clove Cigarette lotion. I picked this because it was foody, and it's flipped the script on me completely.

Edited by HoneyHoneyNY

This was one of those perfumes that I was like "don’t like it…no like it…no don’t like it…no do like it." I eventually made up my mind and I do like it now!! It’s a smoky boozy scent thats quite sexy as well.

In the bottle: It smells... like cherries, to me. Cherries and cream. I /suspect/ this is mostly the rum and sweet almond, in all honesty, but I swear I smell cherries.

Wet: It still smells like cherries. Only this time, with almonds. It's a very foody scent that reminds me of a hot fudge sundae, only without the chocolate. Cream and almonds, and maraschinos. It's not overwhelmingly gaggingly sweet, though, like Gluttony. It's a milder sort.

Dry: It dries down to spice. It's /very/ spicy when dry, like cinnamon and nuts and the leftovers of baking. Or...buttered spiced rum. I think that's likely the closest. Although it might be kind of too-sweet for a man, it's got enough edge to it to avoid being too squishy-sweet-feminine. Once it's dry, I think 'pirate wench'. Can be sweet, but will probably rob you blind once you've passed out from the rum and the nookie.

Final opinion: This definitely goes on my *heart* list. In fact, I think I shall hereby dub it the official perfume of dear Captain Jane Hawke, my pirate-persona. Means I'll have to pick up a bottle one of these days, but it's a catalog scent, so I think I can afford to wait until October.

hellcat.jpg

Mmmm almond and cherry cherry. Really smells good in that dark rich foody way. I like it's spit and zizzle. It lasts well, too. The odd problem for me is that is dries down and smells like the pipe tobacco Borkkum Riff with a small undertone of fir. Go figure. Don't get me wrong, it smells great to me but the association is a bit hard on my mind here. I will keep my imp of Hellcat, who knows, there are times when you wake up and say,"Darn it, I like it anyway." That may very well happen with Hellcat. It is a very very good blend overall, in my opinion.

I got this imp for my sister and she let me try it out.

Right out of the imp this smells nutty and syrupy, with a light trace of almonds. Its really heavy. On my skin it starts out strong, and the almond fades. It then turns into nutty maple syrup. As it completely dries, it goes slightly powdery. Ew, no. I hope my sister enjoys it.

This is REALLY sweet out of the bottle...almost sickly sweet. The almond and buttercream is overwhelming.

On my skin this is still very sweet/creamy and has a tad bit of spice.

As this dries down the honey mead scent really comes through which to me, sort of ruins Hellcat.

This is a really lovly scent for those who like foody smelling oils. I think it'd be a lot better without the honey meand, but that's just me.

Overall, this one is OK. My imp will have to find a better home.

this is sweet but smokey. and i like boozy smells. it kind of smells like burnt maraschino cherries- which i believe another scent smelled like on me. there is definitely a deep, burning, warm smell to this.

its not my typical scent, but it's kind of nice- maybe something nice to wear in winter.

I thought I would love Hellcat, but I actually found it kind of overwhelming.

When first applied, it's WHOA HOLY ALMONDS on me. After a while, it does dry down to a nicer, softer, sweet almond and hazlenut scent. It's probably really nice for some people, but something about it just really disagreed with me to the point where I didn't want to smell it. I've swapped it, and regret that Hellcat and I did not get along!

In bottle: golden-haloed maraschino cherries and spiced rum...or buttercream...or buttered spiced rum. Hard to tell, but quite mouthwatering, and I usually don't like foody scents. It does smell like an autumnally spiced Yankee Candle of some kind.

Wet, on skin: quite sweet, and metallic from the boozy notes. The rum note is always for me like chewing on foil. Has "dirty syrup" phase similar to hearth and black lotus. :P

Drydown: unexpectedly, soft spiced apples.

Interesting blend...I thought I was an almond-hater, but here it wasn't overwhelming at all. This might be good to scent the house with during the holidays.