Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Hellcat

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

Hellcat

In the imp, this smells just like some kind of cookie! Wet on my skin, it smells boozier. Really reminds me of a hot spiced drink. Yum. :yum: This isn't a wear to work type scent, but in the right mood, it's delicious!

This is mostly almond and honey on my skin. It's a deep, rich scent that smells absolutely decadent. I was concerned that this might be overwhelming, but it's nice doesn't get cloying in the slightest. I'll be hanging on to this imp.

Okay, I completely LOVE this scent. But, ................................................................................

I dumped a ton of this on my wrist and ..... in about six minutes, ..... not much of anything except a very mild honey waxy residue.

Poop! My chemistry just won't let me enjoy the things I love, which is most of the scents in HELLCAT. I do get a little pitty paws worth of donchajustwishyouweremeow, ..... sigh!

Edited by Shollin
Removed quote of 2005 post due to messed-up formatting

Hoooo boy, this is strong.

In imp: Hazelnut.

On skin: Sweet and a bit spicy, which is probably the honey mead (the sweetness being the honey and the spiciness being the booze - because I got the same sort of thing from the cognac in Arcana's Caffeinated Death) - with a sort of nutty undercurrent. After a while, it's still sweet (seems like more than just the honey; perhaps the buttercream, or sugar from the rum?), but less spicy and more nutty.

This is the second time I'm trying it, and I'm not getting any of what made me dislike it the first time (it lost a lot of its sweetness after a few hours and was rather unpleasant) - hormones? settling? That said, I'm just not sure I'm a fan of foody scents, and while I may finish this, I won't be buying more.

Edited by reconditarmonia

In bottle: Buttercream

Wet: a boozy, nutty little sweet buttercream scent. I think this can safely be described as foodie since my arm now smells like the best thing since sliced bread.

Dry: The rum and almond take the foreground in a lovely duet with the mead and buttercream playing backup. Fortunately it gets less foodie with the drydown.

Notes: This one can safely be described as delicious (and mean it in more ways then one!) Definitely a keeper though I’ll need to test some more to tell if it’s bottle worthy for me.

The notes listed seem to say it all. This is pretty foodie. I get mostly a nutty scent but with a boozey undertone. Has a Miskatonic University feel to it without all the dust.

When I feel like I need a little indulgence I put on Hellcat. It just swells with delicious notes and makes me feel like I'm wrapped up in all manner of comforting vices.

It certainly starts out with a boozy bite, but this settles down as it dries. The scent is totally rich and buttery. The hazelnuts go well with the buttercream and honey mead, and the rum gives it a nice deep base. It's wickedly decadent, but very appealing when I'm in the right mood.

i tried hellcat before re-acquainting myself with its description, and going in "blind," as it were, this was both a very cherry and a very smoky scent on me. after reading up on the notes, i was clearly getting all almond and rum. :) and it's delicious; very sweet and impish and warm (a very red scent). ultimately, i think this one is just too foody for me &will be moving on to a better home, but i confess, i'm going to enjoy this one while i have it!

Almondy Gluttony in the vial. The booze comes out a bit more on my skin. Definitely like Gluttony, but with a more Frangelico and pure almond extract punch to it. Dry and nutty, yet slightly cakey. Hellcat doesn't seem to morph on me much at all. It seems to stabilize itself at the one-minute mark on the skin. I could see this being a holiday scent!

It mostly smells likes rum on me, but I still love it. Wet, you can smell the honey mead but it seems to fade a little as it dries. My skin seems to be amping the alcohol notes. Overall, this is a very delicious smell.

Hellcat is not a scent that blends well with others, IMO - I'm glad I retested it because I despised it after sniffing other things all day.

Hellcat is a very sweet and spicy scent on me. I get the almond, but I also definitely get the honey mead. It reminds me of, but doesn't really smell like, the honey and red wine combination in Athens. It is quite a comforting scent and I will keep my imp.

Hellcat is thick, viscous honey with a subtle nutty base. It's very sweet, but darkly so, and the full warm rounded scent of blended spices that you get from honey mead is very intense. It's also close to the skin, and I don't feel like it's got a huge throw. That's a good thing, because it suffuses - almost smothers, though that's too strong a word - you with its delicious deep aroma. Sultry is the perfect word for it. I smelled almond in the imp and on initial application, but it's not distinctly apparent now. I don't find it at all boozy, despite the mead and rum.

(In case it's not apparent from the above review, I love it.)

I get the buttery rum notes from this, but the almond is very sharp, almost too sharp. This is definitely not a bakery type scent, as the description might lead one to believe. I go back and forth between loving this and thinking it is too strong, but I always get lots of compliments when I wear it.

I saw the description and ran to the sales area because I needed to try it asap. It looked like a combination of Gluttony and Eden which are my two favorite scents... But maybe they're best left separate.

In the vial I get my beloved sweet almonds but also a cloying sweet cherry that's way too reminiscent of Jailbait. It's really REALLY boozy which may be where the cherry comes from.

Wet: Uhgh. This smells like... Almond extract on the spot. It has the wonderful almond... spiked with sweet alcohol. It's like an almond bubble tea spiked with sweet liquor. Curses.

Dry down: The alcohol backs off somewhat and it gets a little spicier, but I'm not getting any of the hazelnut or buttercream. It's like a very toned down Gluttony on my skin... It actually smells like the dried greenery you can get around Christmas at craft stores... Like what you'd make a wreath out of. :o

At first I got a very strong almondy scent from this one, but it faded almost right away. It's very dry and smells almost like incense on me - not quite what I was expecting from the description.

The scent remained the same even after a few hours, a very fuzzy and warm sort of scent without any of the notes really coming through - it does slightly remind me of Gluttony without any of the sweetness and far too much spice in it. I was really hoping this would work better on me since I love so many of the notes in it, but I'm afraid it may end up on the swap pile.

At first it was too strong and then I put it on my skin, and driving all the way home from work I couldn't stop sniffing myself... It conjured up in my mind images of a caramel skinned woman with wild caramel coloured hair, wearing nothing but a sable fur coat and red, red lipstick, with long red claws... It makes me feel like putting on some bronzer and wearing fur (fake of course) as well!

It reminds me a lot of Gluttony, but Gluttony with loads of booze, which makes for a pretty perfect world really, all things considered! This is one wicked scent! I'm so glad I have a bottle on the way! Yaaaaayyyy!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

I was first attracted to the hazelnut and buttercream aspects of this scent, but unfortunately on my skin they're drowned out by the rum and almonds. Very VERY boozy. And I know it's probably just my skin chemistry, but it smells like the booze that oozes out of your skin with a bad hangover. So sad that this isn't working on me.

In the imp: alcohol with some sweetness lurking below, not the most pleasant but there is potential

Wet: Almond with a sharp alcohol scent, kind of like almond extract but more on the bitter side

Dry: Finally the alcohol scent is fading into something sweeter and warmer. The almond comes out along with something sweeter (butter cream?)with spices taking on an incense-like smell (reminds me of the Wassail parties I went to growing up). Rather pleasant once things calm down.

Final verdict: The bitterness and unpleasantness of this scent on my skin doesn't quite make the end result worth it as far as a bottle is concerned. However, I might hold on to this imp and see if it grows on me more. Oh well, I really wanted this to work on me...

In the bottle: Butterscotch candy! Or schnapps. Tasty!

Immediately after application: A delicious combination of all the scents with boozy overtones that other testers on the BPAL forums have noted. If you don't like "foody" scents, though, you might want to avoid this one.

Warming up: Amaretto/butterscotch. It's absolutely fantastic.

Fading: Spicy sweet almond with a hint of musk with underlying buttercreamy vanilla and rummy scents. My skin tends to turn scents musky/spicy so I don't smell so much like candy anymore (this is a good thing imo) and I am loving this so much.

Faded: Spicy/sweet almond.

Overall: Unlike Schrödinger's Cat, THIS Cat was everything I hoped it would be and more. Sweet, spicy, creamy, delicious. A mature, decadent scent I loved from bottle to skin. I will add that it's a bit heavy for summertime and I will probably save it for fall and winter.

First Sniff: Something horribly sugary sweet.

Wet: Buttery almond with a tang behind it.

Dry: During the dry down it became spicy. I think I can smell some cinnamon or maybe myrrh in it that seems to tame the syrupy butter almond. The lighter smell might even be hazelnut.

My Reaction: The description was spot on; this comes off as being overly sweet (the ‘hell’ part for me) and then turns into a spicy, soft blend (the ‘cat’ part). I was surprised how soft it became. It was much better once it dried completely and calmed down than upon first sniff.

Rating 1-5: 3

I got this as a frimp from the lab, and I was pretty wary, because I haven't liked any cake-y buttercream-y scents yet. And straight from the imp I got mostly buttercream with almond. I was sure this was going to be too sweet, but on my wrist it immediately morphed into rum and honey. There was a bit of almond there at the beginning, but that's gone now. I'm not sure why, but this also smells rather spicy on me. I smell like the most delicious hot toddy ever! :yum: I am totally surprised by how much I like this one. I am definitely going to have to try some more boozy scents in the future.

Upon fresh application, I'm getting the buttercream loud and clear. As things settle, a mix between hazelnut and almond rises to the fore. Hellcat could be described as boozy, but I find it to be in a "kitchen vanilla" kind of way more than a "mixed drink" kind of way. In other words, I can't find the rum.

I'm digging this. On me, it could smell like I've been baking ridiculously sweet goodies. It's pretty much a vanilla-almond-hazelnut extract extravaganza.

Wonderful, since I like foody stuff.

Associations:

Color: Clear amber.

Mood: Indulgent.

Rating: 5/5

Thought I would really like this. I mean, if it were a drink, I'd drink it. But I'm finding that hazelnut doesn't agree with me.

This is a very rich, buttery scent. Very foody on me. Usually, that's OK, but in this case it smelled like I had been fronting a cake, got it all over myself, and didn't wash up. It made me feel like I might be sticky.

I can understand why someone might love this, but it wasn't for me.

This is really perfect on me. It starts out as vanilla frosting, for about 30 seconds, and then it turns into the most wonderful cherry, not a nasty or candy cherry, like the most wonderful cherry thing ever, then it is rich and wonderful like Red lace, I know it doesn't smell the same, but it has the same rich feeling. This is now at the top of the Big Bottle List.