Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Comings and goings.

White peach, golden peach, mango, persimmon, lotus petal, osmanthus, and shishito.

Wet: Peach musk. Delicious wet peach. I want to lick my wrist. :yum:

Drydown: Light peach musk. This really doesn't change much from wet to dry! It is absolutely gorgeous and stays close to my skin once dry. My skin loves to eat this one up so I am going to have slather it on.

This is a really natural soft peach! I don't know why I was expecting something more artificial because I know this note from Gods of Intercourse already. It's really pretty and understated. My skin definitely eats it up as well though, so when I wear it out I think the bottle will have to come with me to be reapplied throughout the day.

I was hoping for a bright layered fruit scent that combined the glorious freshness of peach without falling to it's artificial candy tendencies. While I'm not a huge floral fan I figured it was worth the risk.

This is a beautiful blend folks. It starts as a loud peach that quickly calms down. Drydown shows the bright peach notes are married with an almost spicy blend of the heavier fruits and floral notes that lift and ground the peach all at the same time. Seamless and beautiful. Normally blends fade relatively quickly on me. This one has more lasting power then most, though not as much as some. Decent throw as well.

OH GOD. I think I really need this. It's like a sweet, fuzzy peach musk. Light, fruity, and just so cuddly.

It's like biting into a peach. No joke. I just want to roll around in this.

It would be very apropos for a young girl.

I'm going to have to death match Tanuki no Odai and Cupid Complaining to Venus. I don't need that many peach scents, do I?

Soap. I guess there is a touch of peach there, but I didn't pick it out until I re-read the scent notes. It isn't unpleasant at all! But, definitely something I'd put on in the shower, and not really as a perfume.

If you love Peach Moon, the peach note in Tanuki no Orai is identical! The supporting notes do make Tanuki sweeter and a touch more floral (whereas Peach Moon has an underlying herbal/greenness to it), and the throw is stronger than what I get from Peach Moon. The lotus never veers into bubblegum territory, though I do wish I could pick out the persimmon a bit more.

This Tanuki is a total win for me! It shall warrant a couple more bottles, at least.

In the bottle, it's very much peach and persimmon, with the mango lingering in the background. On me, it is sharpening to persimmon and mango, with a tartness that makes my mouth water when I sniff it. It almost has a cranberry wine kind of tanniny bite to it. It seems to be coming back to ripe peaches and persimmons, with a distinctly floral undertone. I really like this one, though I must remember not to wear it around a friend of mine because she is violently allergic to mango, including in scents. It smells a bit like Fae on me, but sharper.

Yay! Something I don't need to buy! Thin, screaming, high pitched, no. Just no.

I do get the peach at some point but the beginning wet stage is too much for me, it makes me a little queasy. This is headache in a bottle.

I will stick with Josie for my peaches.

In the bottle: Peachy keen! All I really can smell is the peach.

Wet on skin: I still get the peach but it turns more floral. Lovely, with a decent amount of throw but not *too* much.

Drydown: The mango and persimmon come out to play, with a hint of peachy undertone.

This will definitely be one of my summer staples. :thumbsup:

In decant: this has a tropical fruity feel, but is quite cool, cold! Iced drinks, anyone? I'm getting peaches, persimmon and mango--not too heavy, almost light.

Wet on skin: this is so cool and breezy and fruity, and yet NOT "fruity" right when it hits my skin--I think it's the coolness that is keeping it breezy. Soon enough though this coolness is fading somewhat and the fruits come out more, and it's getting a rather car freshener quality for me. The coolness is kind of helping this along, I think--air conditioned cars, anyone? Pleasant enough, but not something I would wear.

Dry: yeah, this is mostly peach, cool and almost iced, but slightly melty. Whiffs of persimmon and mango and a hint of a pleasing greenness, which I'm assuming is the shishito (a type of pepper, I see) and osmanthus. Those last two components is a great note to have with those fruits--without this greenness I can see this being quite like a tropical juice blend. The car freshener feel never truly goes away for me.

Verdict: interesting blend, but not for me.

Edited by angelamaria

Ok, I think this might be a close second to Aglaea for my favorite peach scent, and I can justify loving both since they're so different. I'm not really getting the fresh peach thing that a lot of other people seem to get; depending on my skin chemistry of the day I either get a sweet, soft, musky peach (can definitely smell the osmanthus in there), or I get a bright, fruity peach jolly rancher type scent. Reasonable wear length on me, and it stays pretty close to the skin.

In the decant I get peachy peachy peachness, yum! And a hint of something drier and perhaps a bit musky? It smells like a fresh peach, no artificiality here. On me it's quite soft, slightly soapy, with peach and lotus notes.

I wanted the fresh peachiness that I get from it wet in the imp, but almost immediately it dries down to faint peachy soap, so sad :cry2:

Very peachy, but a bit of a tart fresh peach rather than a sticky overripe peach.

As it dries, the florals come out more. It's very light for a peach scent, almost fizzy or citrussy, and it reminds me a little of Peach Moon.

My favorite peach scent is going to stay Josie, but for people who prefer their fruits less juicy and more perfumey, this is a really pretty peachy fruity-floral.

Very summery blend. Peachy peach, kind of sweet and fresh at the same time. A bit of dust comes out on me after a bit, kind of like coconut husk. This kind of reminds me of Tamora, though I like Tamora better as it's not so peachy, and more musky. Peach lovers would like this, it smells like those peach sour soft gelly candies.

This is peach with effervescent sparkle - very perfumey and high pitched. Unfortunately, on my skin the peach disappears and it comes out like hairspray. :(

I prefer a sweet, juicy peach note in perfumes (more like a candy and canned peaches smell), and this is more of a fresh, watery peach skin and perfumey floral scent. It's a light, more commercial/department store smelling, perfumey fruity-floral.

As it dries down, I think it's the mango that's giving this a hint of tart, sweet fruitiness on my skin. But it's mostly a watery, bland peach and perfumey white floral scent.

I much prefer Tamora and Aglaea for peach, but those are sweeter peach scents. Tanuki No Orai reminds me more of Peach Moon and Belle Vinu.

I was hoping I wouldn't fall in love with this.

Alas, Tanuki No Orai is just beautiful. I put a tiny bit on and after 2 hours I'm still getting the most wonderful peach ever. It's so sweet and juicy, I wish I could eat it!

I am in love. This will be in heavy rotation for Summer.

Saving for a bottle!

In the decant: Fruity, no one fruit standing out particularly, with just a hint of floral.

On skin, wet: Pretty much unchanged from first sniff.

On skin, dry: Still essentially the same.

After an hour: This one never really morphs. It's tart, fruity, and a bit floral. Nothing special, and never any trace of the shishito, which makes me very sad. :(

Very nicely fruity and fresh. It isn't overly foody or too sweet, it is just a nicely balanced peach with a touch of mango. It is very light ant totally appropriate for spring and summer. It doesn't have a lot of throw, but it has reasonable lasting power on me.

In the imp, this smells kind of lavendery-perfumey. Not sure what note would cause that. On my skin, there is a detectable amount of peach, but again, there's a very "perfumey" quality to it. As it starts to dry it smells almost... minty? I guess shishito is a hot pepper - maybe it's that? I'm not getting the peach I was hoping for. :( It's there, lightly, but gets kind of overpowered by that astringenty note....

ITI: Very fruit and juicy peachwith hints of persimmon. It’s rather refreshing, actually.

Wet: Succulent peach with some persimmon and osmanthus. It’s nice.

Dry: It gets slightly powdery when dry, but the impression of peach is still rather clear. It’s not like Body Shop’s Fuzzy Navel perfume, but this scent is more of a femine peach scent rather than a girly peach scent.

I get juicy, perfumey and artificial white peach musk. I'm always on the lookout looking for a nice peach scent and I had high hopes for this one but I just find it too floral, the peach too artifical, and the whole thing goes slightly soapy on my skin. :( It reminds me of a couple other peach-floral blends that also didn't work, and for some reason I also keep getting a rice wine-like scent in here which is a note I dislike.

This is a light, fresh peachy scent on me. It does have a slightly perfumey quality to it. It dries down in a vaguely fruity scent, there is something in this which gives it a bit of kick perhaps it is the Osmanthus? This is nice for a hot summer's day and since it is winter over here I will be keeping it for the warmer weather. I like this but I think I prefer Fae as my peach scent. :)