Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
deskew2

Crisp, clean sheets

I don't even know where to start... I'm looking for a scent that smells like fresh, clean sheets. I can't really name the scent, but it's irresistible. It's subtle but has staying power, noticeable but not overpowering. Crisp but not sharp. Like faint sunshine and flowers and mellowness. Can you guys help me out? :)

Hi deskew2 :wave: welcome to the forum :smile:

The first thing that came to mind was Dirty:

A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Reviews are here, but most people say it smells like clean sheets that have been hanging out on the line in the sunshine.

Another one is Wensleydale:

An immaculately clean scent: well-scrubbed soapy skin and fresh cotton.

This one has a slight sweetness to it, but it's another very 'clean sheets' kinda smell. You won't be able to buy an imp of this from the Lab, because it's in the Neil Gaiman collecton, but you should be able to find a decant of it here on the forum in the 'For Sale' section.

Alice all the way! It always makes me think of a basket of clean white sheets fresh out of the laundry sitting in the sunshine . . . with a little black pepper spilled on top.

White Rabbit also evokes this:

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Here are a few others that come to mind when I think of clean/laundry type scents (all are GC):

Moonshine and Mist

Come to Me (I swear, this oil smells like a bar of Camay soap!)

Aeval

Zephyr

hi BPAL addicts ! i would like to make an atmo spray for my clothes (i'm a smoker) with an imp diluted with water so i'm looking for a clean sheet scent, a fresh clean scent (i like Dirty and i love the "cotton scent yankee Candle") - thanks :wave:

hi BPAL addicts ! i would like to make an atmo spray for my clothes (i'm a smoker) with an imp diluted with water so i'm looking for a clean sheet scent, a fresh clean scent (i like Dirty and i love the "cotton scent yankee Candle") - thanks :wave:

Flying kites reminds me of being outside on a gorgeous summer day, even suggesting clean laundry on a clothesline but without smelling (to me) soapy.

All of the lab's scents with linen or cotton fabric notes that I can think of are smeared with smoke or vanilla or tattered and worn :lol:

Boober is a beautiful clean scent, I get a little linen-y feel.

Edited by roseus

Thank you for your recommendations ;) I don't have Flying kites but i've a frimp of Lady of Shallotte (never opened but aged :blush2: ) i will try it ! and Boober is in my sights - after 14th birthday, Weenies and Yule and Lupers soon !!! Aïe my CB :@&*$!:

Both Aeval and Grief read like fresh clean scents to my nose. Grief is especially nice, I think.

I am going to add In the Wild North to the list of fresh sheets recommendations. It dried to be slightly ozone fresh sheets.