Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
beatificdreams

Scents of India

I'm nursing a little obsession with all things India, and I was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for scents. I've been wearing a lot of Morocco and Snake Charmer. Also, I tend to stay away from roses, because they go all sour and icky on me.

Thanks!

I'm nursing a little obsession with all things India, and I was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for scents. I've been wearing a lot of Morocco and Snake Charmer. Also, I tend to stay away from roses, because they go all sour and icky on me.

Thanks!

Anything with cardamom! If you can find it, maybe try Gypsy from the Metamorphosis collection. :D

Scherezade is not Indian, but I feel like the scent is in the same family as Morocco, Sri Lanka, etc. Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

I suggest trying a decant of Khajuraho. Although there is a drop of rose, it's not dominant on me. It's one of my favorite lush exotic scents! It is a recurring Lupercalia LE.

This is a blissful, euphoric blend based on an ancient Indian love potion: honey, date palm, tuberose, davana blossom, amber, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, Damask rose, and champaca flower.

Kali and Dilawi both jump to mind.

A few of the reviews described Aperotos Eros as having an "Indian temple incense" aspect. It's exotic incense + musk + evergreen, and might be worth checking out if you want a change from sandalwood and spices.

If you can get it, the LE Chintamani-Dhupa is a beautiful, strong incense-y fragrance. From the GC, there's nothing like Paramatman - orange blossom, champaca, and honey blend to produce a gorgeous floral scent that reminds me of ladies' hair garlands. :)

I know you said no rose but these are great Indian room fragrance types - Feu Follet, BPTP Red Rose, Tabula Smaragdina - not traditionally Indian but they remind me of Indian incense.

Non-rose ones: Khajuraho, Kanishta, Chintamani-Dhupa, Diwali, Pickled Imp.

Then there's the Heroines series! Virahotkantita, Svadhinaopathika, Kalahantarika, Khandita. I remember thinking at the time that Khandita wasn't one I'd wear because of the saffron but it's epic Indian!

A few of the reviews described Aperotos Eros as having an "Indian temple incense" aspect. It's exotic incense + musk + evergreen, and might be worth checking out if you want a change from sandalwood and spices.

Oh, I can see that! I'm wearing AE today and there's something about it that reminds me a little of the Krishna Musk solid perfume "eggs" I used to buy.