Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Larinessa

Cyborg

Inspired by the character Grendel-Prime.

A heavy-metal cyborg, created by the Grendel-Khan to act as a paladin protector for his only son and heir, an unstoppable killing machine.

Gleaming metal and black leather over a khus-darkened bay rum.

In the bottle- Calvin Klein Eternity for men? Nearly a dead ringer.

Wet on the skin, more metal aspect comes out, not much rum, unless that's the Khus I am smelling. Leather in the background. Giving me fond memories of hot make out sessions with past boyfriends http://www.bpal.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_smile.gif

Dry on skin- more leather coming out..Slightly generic in a way, but not. Masculine and sexy. Reminds me off how my skin smelled after sex with a long ago ex. I do kinda like this.

Overall this might be to generic for some tastes, but memory envoking it is http://www.bpal.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_smile.gif a keeper for me!

In the bottle:Mmm, sexy leather. Mmm, booze. Mmm, smells of sexy male.

On my skin: This is a very masculine scent. I get some metal and the leather and mental pictures of sexy times. It reminds me a bit of aftershave.

Drydown: Slightly metallic comfortable black leather. It is not as comfy and snuggly as the brown leather in casanova, but it is the black leather equivalent of it (and since it is black, a bit less snuggly but still comfy). In my nose Cyborg equals to clean, freshly saven, sexy man. I definitely need to get my bf to wear this. *drools*

I definitely agree that it bears strong resemblance to Eternity for men. Very masculine and cologne-y. No leather or rum to my nose, it must be the metal and khus giving this impression. Finally getting a bit of leather and it reminds me very slightly of Rivet.Goth, albeit much more like traditional cologne and only if I press my nose to my hand. Not fond of the cologne aspect at all. And it ends up smelling like CK One, which reminds me of a not-so-happy time when I was in high school. Definitely not for me.

This is black leather tempered by the metal and bay rum. It smells like a traditional men's cologne - dark, sophisticated, gleaming. Sexy.

I am totally trying this on mr. zee_zee.

The Grendel scents have all been a letdown on me. They're all some of my least favorite bpal scents, which is a shame, because I do like the story and own a bunch of Grendel comics. I really want to like these. Cyborg is tolerable, at least, and doesn't have the weird 'off/soured' quality of the previous four in this series. But this isn't really good on me either. I'm not getting the leather from this at all, just the 'metal,' which translates to a musky, bright, sharp, slightly citrussy men's cologne. Reminds me of the thin, simple, musky scents that a lot of boys wore in high school.. which I didn't really like back then either.

I prefer Kroenen from the Hellboy line for a leather and metal scent. It seems more complex and well rounded.

Musky leather and bay rum. I don't find it particularly metallic or heavy on vetiver. It smells very much like a commercial shaving cream or cologne; I never would have pegged it as a BPAL scent. Very masculine, and I think it's sexy, but it does seem like a generic masculine functional scent rather than a unique olfactory story like many of BPAL's other fragrances.

I recently became a cyborg myself. No joke. I have various battery packs powering my brain and a mechanized shunt. Right now there are wires hanging out of my body until they burry the wires and put in the other deep brain electrodes. My life is crazy, but that's not what it's about. It's about this INCREDIBLE SMELL.

I passed this up many times even though it sounded intriguing. Boozy scents aren't for me, and Beth is so incredibly spot on with scent that the metal scared me off.

I took the chance on it because, well... Re:above :P

In the bottle it's an incredibly light scent. Nearly lemony. Not quite effervescent, but there's something that isn't spur citrus, but still has a lemon type scent. Many times in Beth's booze scents I get BOOOZE. But not here. Don't be afraid of the bay rum.

As it dries it almost takes on a cologne smell, but not in a bad way, or as strongly as scents like Villian. The Rum begins to show its self, but I still don't get booze from it. More of a smooth brown sugar type scent that assosciate with a nice dark rum. No leather is outwardly present but its there tempering and blending.

When completely dry it sweetens a bit more on my skin and smells less like cologne, but it still lingers a bit in the background making a really delicious contrast to the sweeter rum. Oddly enough, I do get a 'metal' feel. I don't know what to place the scent as, but it conveys a shiny metal feeling. The leather never shows up to the party, but one of the characters is wearing a leather jacket: a hint of it as a nice blender with an undertone of worn tanned leather, but it's not obvious in your face leather. It reminds me a but of a darker Dorian.

Overall this scent is oddly feminine while being very edgy despite the lightness of its dry character. However it could definitely be worn by a man due to the leather undertone and slight cologne feel. It's very different from what I tend to go for, but damn am I glad I tried it.

5/5 this is easily going to become an addictive go to.

Tried this at Dragon*Con, unable to recall what was in it but knowing that I wanted to try it.

Wet/in bottle: Leather and vetiver.

Drydown: Still leather and vetiver, but with something very clean and a bit citrusy without being powdery.

Dry: Very clean leather and vetiver, with a bit of citrusy cologne. Low throw.

A perfect cologne and a must-buy! Subtle, earthy, and clean. Excellent!

I tried Cyborg because I've been searching for a bay rum fragrance that would approximate the bay rum that a barber used to splash on me when he would cut my hair. This is not that scent unfortunately. In fact, I don't really smell any bay rum at all though I'll admit my nose isn't that sophisticated. To me Cyborg smells very fresh and clean and makes me think freshly cut grass after mowing the lawn. On me it's a lot like Chrome by Azzaro. It's a nice, casual fragrance to wear in the spring or summer.

This reminds me so much of a more masculine Kataniya the Clockwork Woman. The metal and leather (which is not the soft kind) stand out the most, but it is tempered by something distinctly cologne-y and almost floral. It has a hot electric quality to it that makes it devastatingly sexy. It has an average to long throw and is long lasting on skin.

Decant: Rum and faint leather
Wet on Me: sweetness from the rum, very faint leather
Drying Down: ahhhhh there is the metal notes faint with the rum and leather.
Dry: I quite like this one. Masculine but not OH HAI I'M MASCULINE! Keeper!