Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White rose, lavender, kush accord, oudh, opium poppy, white musk, and shamama attar.

This is mostly a pure herbal lavender when wet, but the drydown is a sweet, creamy woodsy note. It's the khus, I believe, that lends it an overall incensy vibe. The rose is not overbearing, and the drydown is a hint of the balsamic lavender over this very calming wood note. I hope that the LEs that are opening up the new Somniums will remain, because I can see this being quite a nice sleep blend for me.

Harsh herbal lavender that softens to an almost powdery herbal lavender on me. Off to the swaps with it goes. :(

Sniff from the decant – very powdery rose. Second sniff seems more lavendery.

Skin testing - Lots of lavender. A minute later it's powdery-rose-lavender. Nicer than it sounds. It's soft and sweet and pleasant. A while later it's mostly lavender, on a velvety plush purple pillow of opium poppy and white musk.

Later, this is a soft, powdery lavender. The rose is not overwhelming at any point, which I appreciate.

This is a fairly strong scent, I get a decent waft up from my arm.

Wet: The softest, fluffiest, most comforting floral I've ever smelled. Hmm. That wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Drydown: The lavender sinks in, making this a little brighter, but it's still soft and fluffy and comforting. The rose is not doing the soapy thing it almost always does on me.

Dry: This is utterly gorgeous! The musk comes out at last, grounding the rest of the scent. It has a hint of clean dryer sheets if I stick my nose right up against it, but the throw is pure comfort and softness. There is a bit of spiciness and a bit of herbiness balancing out the floral notes. All in all, it blends incredibly well and just smells amazing.

Verdict: I expected this to go very badly -- rose usually turns to soap on me, and lavender can get screechingly high-pitched. But they both work here, enough that I just want to roll up in it like a blanket. The throw is moderate without being overpowering.

Lots and lots of strong, crisp, herbal lavender while wet. As it dries down, the clean haze of the opium and musk start to come out, softening the edges of the lavender; the oudh adds an utterly gorgeous exotic, mysterious resiny note (I'm on such an oudh kick these days -- the note really works on my skin, and I'm so glad Beth's been using it so much lately!). I don't know what the shamama attar is supposed to smell like, so I don't know if I'm picking up on it or not, but I'm definitely not getting much by way of the rose. Overall this winds up as a calming, peaceful lavender incense, not too sweet. Very nice!

Strong, crisp lavender, pillowy opium and musk and oudh. With a touch of rose being sour. It's calm, peaceful, and salty lavender.

PASS.

Strong lavender at first, then it becomes more sweet, and not medicinal. Weird, this fades after 20 minutes, but I can still smell it in my room. Not an upgrade because of the fast fade, but lovely while it lasted. No memorable dreams out of this.

Bpal's opium notes tend to be very sharp and harsh on me, but I thankfully don't get any opium from this. I can't really pick out most of the listed notes, actually, and this isn't as dark a scent as I was expecting. Dream is a very herbal smelling lavender, and goes a bit baby powdery and sweeter in the drydown. It's very light and only lasts about an hour on my skin. It's a scent that I might like in a bath product, but not so much as a perfume.

Wet: medicinal lavender

Dry: sharp men's cologne :smite:

What a disappointment! I had high hopes for this one, but I'm really glad I didn't order a bottle unsniffed.

Opens with a sharp lavender. When it's dry the white musk and oudh come out and it softens remarkably.

Dream is very well blended I can't pick out any of the notes once it's dry, it ends up nice and smooth.

Dream, I wanted to love you, but you cloyed the hell out of me. First it was almost all really strong lavender, then really intense powdery rose and lavender, and even when those finally settled down somewhat after half an hour they still didn't allow the other notes to come through enough and turn this to the calming scent I was hoping for. It just remains a piercingly powdery rose-lavender soap. Kind of ironic how Nightmare is the only one in this collection that actually calms me.

Got an imp in a swap ...

IN THE IMP: A sweet, floral lavender rather than a straight-on lavender.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: I am calling this a "sweet" lavender but that's not to be confused with, say, TKO which to me is vanilla crossed with lavender (like Lush's Twilight) ... more like a sweet flower blended with lavender.

DRYDOWN: It stays a true sweet lavender, very light and airy and, I guess, powdery as some people have mentioned. But to me, at least, it doesn't really get cloying or nauseating.

OVERALL: I like this a lot and have popped the imp into my bedtime box for sleep aid. I wouldn't buy a full bottle simply because I have other lavender blends I like better -- the ones that are more herbal or true lavender without the sweetness. But it's not a swapper either.

On a scale of 1-5, about a 4.

Dream has only gotten better with aging. The lavender has pulled back a bit and the bottom notes really sing now. In some ways, this reminds me a bit of BPTP's White Rose, but it's even more incensy and soporific. The kush, oudh, opium poppy, and shamama attar are really gorgeous together—like some super-exotic base for the florals to float over.

I've been wearing this to bed lately and it's calming, beautiful stuff that helps me relax after a long day at work.