Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lavender with tobacco, zdravetz, Haitian vetiver, and blue lotus absolute.

I can only smell lavender. It's very nice lavender (not too sharp, not too sweet), but the vetiver, tobacco, and lotus are MIA as far as I can tell.
I had no idea what zdravetz was, here's what I found: Zdravetz, Geranium macrorhizum, referred to as true geranium, has a strong floral aroma. It, however, has been used extensively in Bulgaria where it is known for its aphrodisiac properties and for its balancing effects on female hormones. Zdravetz is said to lower blood sugar.

Vetiver? With my lavender? Hrm. But it smells good, if dark, in the bottle - I'm not sure midafternoon is the best time to test this, but here I am! It's quite a heavy sleep, in contrast to TKO's marshmallowiness. The interwebs say zdravetz is something referred to as true geranium, and knowing this makes me smell geranium in here. Mostly, though, it's a darkened lavender, like heavy blankets. It makes me think of black clouds rolling in, but not in a doomy way; in a time-lapse photography way, like night coming on. It's a little too dark for my taste, but very powerful (I kind of want to crawl back into bed!) and perfect for what it is.

I get a blast of lavender when I first apply this. I've only tried it as I go to bed, and I'm asleep almost before it dries. I usually have to use breathing exercises for 10-25 minutes to help me relax and get to sleep, even when I use the lab's other sleep blends. I've used this the last three nights, and have fallen asleep so fast that I didn't even start my relaxation routine.

I don't know how this scent develops on my skin, only that it doesn't last till morning. Sometime when I don't have anything I have to do, I'll test out a little bit to see how it develops - if I can stay awake. :lol:

Truth be told, I don't care what it smells like, it works! I hope the lab keeps it on as part of the Somnium line! :zzz:

Scentwise, strong lavender. I love lavender, so this is good. I'm a notoriously poor sleeper, and wanted to try this for the benefits. I normally toss around for an hour or so, but I can't even recall myself thinking of anything, I was just out like a light. During the night, I woke up, concerned that I couldn't get back to sleep, dabbed a bit more, and out for the count again. Granted it's hockey season, and it could have been the few beer, (hee hee), but beer doesn't knock me out like this. I do have a bottle coming, and may get more.

Edited by milo

In the bottle: Lots of lavender, but with something sharp behind, probably the mum.

Wet: The vetiver and mum are trying to drown the lovely lavender.

The dry-down: In the end I'm left with a hint of tobacco and lavender. Interesting, but I won't need more than the partial bottle. Blue lotus doesn't turn into pink bubblegum, which is nice!

Heavy lavender and geranium, hints of tobacco. Heady, somnolent, lavender.

This is the lavender blend that forces you to sleep. TKO cuddles you into blissful oblivion, Sleep just lavenders you to close your eyes.

Heavy, slightly powdery lavender with a darker, sweeter edge from the tobacco. I'm not getting the geranium, vetiver or lotus that I can pick out.

In the imp: Lavender!

Wet:... With something quite minty and zingy? This is not unlike Pain.

Dry: Yeah, I was hoping for something like my beloved Gaueko - lavender and smoke, y'know - but this is a more tart and herbal lavender blend.

This is one of my top ten favorite scents. I know it is meant to be a sleep blend, and when I wear it before bed it sure does the job, but I like to wear it out and about as a cologne.

It's lovely; dark, biting lavender, heady, incense-like tobacco, and something (I think it's the geranium) that dries down into a sweet, honey-like hay smell. This is 'herbal' without being green. It is unisex leaning masculine. I don't detect any blue lotus specifically, but it may be contributing to the sweetness at the back of the blend, keeping 'Sleep' from being too dry.

That said, there is something about this scent which makes it greater than the sum of its parts. It is a scent to smoulder in, to brood in, to stroll down the street like you're FORMIDABLE.... in.

It is what Neil Gaiman's Orpheus smells like. I feel incredible when I wear it.

THIS BLEND NEEDS MORE LOVE!

Edited by Betula

Managed to nab imps of Dream and Sleep in the same wonderful swap ...

IN THE IMP: Lavender lavender lavender. Yay.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: OMG. I am reading my notes and they make no sense at all. This apparently knocked me on my ass and I babbled like a sleepy idiot. Here is what I wrote (I guess, if nothing else, proof that this really DOES put you to sleep):

"This is more of a scent with a plan (note: I am comparing it to Dream which I wrote notes on first and they were coherent). It's busier, more like it has a purpose. More of a baby scent that needs to put it down. And scent its room and wash its scars."

Well, all righty then. I could, arguably, retest this and make it coherent and I will probably do that in the future but for now, perhaps, this will make sense to someone and show that SLEEP WORKS.

So, tentative score: On a scale of 1-5, for purpose alone, a 5.