Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink grapefruit, peppermint, orange blossom, bitter orange, juniper berry, cumin, tuberose, and lemon balm.

This? Is fantastic. It does exactly what it says it should. No caffeine in the house this morning, put this on to jolt myself awake, and I have to say, it works.

At the beginning, there's a stronger peppermint presence, but it's still subdued under the citrus. It's mostly a lot of grapefruit and orange rind, with some lemon thrown in there as well. I don't get any strong cumin or tuberose. This is a very bright citrus, but I wouldn't say it's restricted to just spring/summer wear. It burns off fairly fast, but it smells great, and it really does wake you up.

Oh My God. I think you may have saved my life.

The notes in Wake are frequently recommended by aromatherapists for "uplifting", and are good for depression. I have been happy and "uplifted" all week, thanks to Wake. I love, Love, LOVE this stuff!!! A genius blend!!!

At first I got pink grapefruit and orange, then mostly orange. This is such an ORANGY orange.

Skin testing – It's still very orangy. It's like smelling a real orange, with the pith, leaves (maybe from the lemon balm), flowers, and juice all in tact. After a little while it still smells mainly of orange but it has mellowed and smells a little softer and lightly musky (maybe from the lightest touch of cumin).

I love peppermint, but do not smell it here. I also do not smell the tuberose.

It feels clean and refreshing but never goes into cleaning product territory.

This is a lovely scent. It's both soothing and uplifting.

A blast of grapefruit and orange turns into a citrusy tuberose blend with a hint of gin. It actually smells like a fun, spring-like cocktail from that upscale bar that tends to do weird-infused liqour.

The kind that perk you up with that twist of citrus before you realize you've just downed an entire glass of gin. And somehow you've taken to munching the flower arrangement next to you.

In the imp: Citrus ahoy!

On skin, wet: Still pretty much just a citrus blend.

On skin, dry: Citrus with a bit of soap (probably from one of the florals).

After an hour: Same as the initial drydown. No mint or cumin, sadness.

Lots of fresh grapefruit to me, but it smells more like the white variety more than the pink. Fades quickly to a earthy fungus smell, which makes me wonder if there is white musk here. I wish it stayed true to the wet stage, but sometimes citrus or musks go wonky on me, especially yuzu and white musk. Not a keeper, it fun to try.

This is... amazing!!

Normally I can't wear citrus blends, because I amp bathroom-cleaning lemon, but this blend is beautiful. I get a lot of grapefruit, which smells like a fresh morning, and a little bit of orange peeking out every once in a while. Dried down, it remains grapefruity, with a tinge of something sweet. It stays fresh the whole way.

I love, love, love this in the mornings. It's not caffeine, but it's so lovely and fresh. It's a downed glass of fresh citrus juice on my wrist. May need another bottle!

This is a very different kind of scent for me -- I normally don't do citrus or mint, but I also don't get to do sleep as much as I'd like, so this sounded appealing! :)

The peppermint note here reminds me very much of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap; that's the strongest element on initial application, with the grapefruit coming out not long after. I can't seem to pick up anything by way of pine-y or spice notes from the juniper and cumin, likewise no lemon balm at all (although lemon balm is not typically good on me anyway, so that's something of a relief). After full drydown, the sharpness of the mint mellows out; I'm still mostly getting mint and grapefruit as the primary elements, with subtle orange-y overtones and faint hints of the delicate, pleasant tuberose note. At this point, now that I've been wearing this for most of the day, pretty much all that's left is light tuberose.

But yes, the good part is that when you put it on, it does what the label says. :D

Edited by Wwindy

At first it's a peppermint blast! Then, it turns into a refreshing scent full of citrus and that spike of peppermint will jolt you every now and again. It really does what it's called, it's a good wake-me-up scent. :)

Wake smells very medicinal on me. I think the mix of citrus and mint is reminding me of cough drops, with the tuberose giving it a sharper, perfumey edge. Something turns soapy on me in the drydown. The citrus and sharp, high pitched notes of this one give me a headache :(

This is screamingly citrus. There's a very faint floral edge that does tune done the sharper citruses, and the mint is a sensation at the end of the blend more than a scent.

Normally rose in any form is a deathnote for me but I'm not getting any of it here.

I do like this one, but I do think it's going to fair better when it's not 12 degrees out.

ITB: IT's herbal and bright from the citrus. I can pick out the grapefruit, bitter orange, peppermint, and cumin, which smells really good together with the citrus notes.

Wet: The peppermint is a bit stronger on the skin, but it still does not overpower the bitter orange and pink grapefruit. As it starts to dry, the lemon becomes apparent as does the juniper berry, but only slightly slow. It does make me feel more invigorated, which is problematic as I'm testing this around my bedtime.

Dry: The citrus is more muddled here, but it is still pleasing and bright. I can pick out just a hint tuberose, like someone wearing that perfume who had walked past you 5 minutes ago. There's a little dustiness from the cumin as well and a hint of green astringency from the peppermint. I will be trying this one in the morning as well to see if it perks me up.