Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Pink Moon 2012

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, pink columbine, delphinium, pink carnation, peony, and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey, bourbon vanilla, a hint of white chocolate, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

OMG - this decant must have come from the heavy on white chocolate/strawberry because it smells JUST like White Chocolate Strawberry did on me, with the added dimension of a slight but very sugary overlay of PINK flowers. I can also smell hints of vanilla and honey. On the drydown, its slightly more floral and the carnation comes out with a touch of spice. But overall, STILL smelling like chocolate --- meaning on drydown, chocolate covered carnations.

Super pink, super sweet. Very pretty, but not my type of scent at all --- too pink, too sugary, too foodie.

Pink Moon smells a lot like White Chocolate and Strawberry with some floral notes. Out of the bottle and on my skin the white chocolate note is most prominent. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of chocolate scents :'( Sorry Pink Moon!

Pink Moon smells a lot like White Chocolate and Strawberry with some floral notes. Out of the bottle and on my skin the white chocolate note is most prominent. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of chocolate scents :'( Sorry Pink Moon!

I get the same impression from this Pink Moon, except that I do like chocolate scents :D

This seriously makes me think of the colour pink as soon as I smell it in the bottle. It's sugared strawberries and cream with the most delicate-smelling bouquet of flowers. As soon as I apply this to my skin, the carnation separates itself from the rest of the floral notes. This rest of the florals are so incredibly muted that I can't even make out what they are. They all meld into each other Together, they create the vision of sweet, colourful petals. In general, this is an ultra mild blend. I'm definitely going to have to slather this one. Beautiful, delicate blend. I still prefer '07 but this one is worth keeping, as well.

A lovely forumite frimped me a decant of this in a swap. Thank you!

In the imp I smell various florals and white chocolate. It's almost a bit boozy-smelling (the bourbon vanilla, maybe?) I just tested 13 April 2012, and I think this is the same white chocolate. Unfortunately, 13 April 2012 didn't really work on me, and I'm getting a similar weird note on my skin here. I think it's this white chocolate note not liking my chemistry. :( I have had success with some other white chocolate blends, mainly the Box of Chocolates, but I think that's a different white chocolate note...which on my chemistry seems to work better than this one. Like the 13, I'm not getting ANY florals on my skin at all! As it dries, the boozy note comes out more and more, and in this case it's not pleasant. I'm actually wondering if I get this boozy note from some of BPAL's strawberry notes, as I had a similar reaction to Strawberry Moon '09. (White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper Truffle did work for me, but I think that strawberry note was different as well - a more candied, sweet strawberry rather than a "fresh berry" strawberry.)

Overall, this is a chemistry fail! :(

Edited by sunlitgarden

I should really give up on white chocolate blends because they have become such a mess on my skin, but I guess I keep hoping it will magically end up working :P ...On me this smells like sugar water, cloying white chocolate (not a surprise) with a lovely background of sweet pink florals (they are gorgeous!) and finally some slightly metallic, jammy strawberry. After a little while the chocolate fades, the strawberries get more metallic (I really don't know why my skin does this with some strawberry notes :() and the sugary sweet florals amp a little more. I would've loved this if it was just the florals and a little bit of the pink sugar and vanilla. I prefer the previous Pink Moon releases.

In the vial: The florals and the strawberry are about equal. It's kind of a strange combination that comes out a bit plastic, but it's not unpleasant.

On me, wet: Right at first, it's much the same as in the vial. I really like the florals especially. I'm not so sure about the strawberry. It smells too artificial, and I'm not a fan of foody perfumes anyway.

After 10 minutes: The foody notes are already starting to edge out the florals, to my dismay. From the many flowers in the description, I thought this might be the floral Lunacy I've wished for. There are florals here, but the foodiness is more than equal to them.

After 20 minutes: Same as above.

After 30 minutes: The chocolate has come in and the florals are now well in the background. The overall scent is teasing me with its familiarity, but I can't quite put a name to it.

After 1 hour: I've got it! This smells exactly like a banana split. It's the strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. I swear I can even smell the banana - that could be the honey, or maybe just the power of suggestion.

After 2 hours: The scent is still the same, just softer.

After 3 hours: Much the same, but it has faded more and turned more plastic.

After 5 hours: Almost gone. Just a faint whiff of a plastic/artificial strawberry note and a bit of chocolate.

In the perfume locket:

Wet: Flowers and strawberry.

After 1 1/2 hours: The chocolate is the strongest note now, but I can still discern the florals in the background.

After 2 hours: It has become the chocolate/strawberry/vanilla banana split scent that it also developed into on my skin. But the florals haven't completely disappeared. They are more noticeable when I sniff the locket right up close.

After 1 day: The scent stays quite consistent, with the floral notes sticking around to balance out the foodiness of the chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. As expected, it never develops the plastic overtone that is characteristic of my skin's reaction to certain oils, red fruits especially. In the locket, the fragrance stays fresh all day.

Verdict: I like this best right at first when the florals still have a definite presence. After that, it is delicious and fun to sniff, but not something I'd wear as a perfume. I don't really want to walk around smelling like I've been eating banana splits all day. I prefer it in the perfume locket, which retains the floral top notes and the freshness of the scent. This is a lovely and fun blend, but even in the locket it is a little too foody to rate 5 stars from me. I'm still glad to have a full bottle, though.

My rating: 4 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

My daughter hid this from me the day after it got out of the box because she was CERTAIN it was for her. It said pink and so she had to store it with her stuff. But, she never wore it. Addictions to pink only goes so far I guess. I only found it when we were moving stuff. So, now, I can finally do a review.

In the vial and when it first goes on, I get a chocolate and strawberry scent. It's pretty close to my 13 for this April. That's okay, because I like that 13 for summer. It's light enough to keep from bothering certain people when it's on. As it dries, I notice that the chocolate seems to fade, but then it does. I think my body just can't get enough chocolate inside me that it needs to acquire the oil into me and ingest it. The strawberry stays there, but adds a lot more floral feel. It's bot quite to blossom, but close. And no plasticy side smell that I get from strawberry! Yay! Happy dance. I don't smell the vanilla really, but there's the sweetness hanging out in the faint background that seems to play with my nose.

It's definately worth wearing again. Though I'm being bad and trying to figure out which flowers are on the label. It's just a pretty label on it. But, it's also so PINK. I must keep the label from being seen since then they'll know I will wear something that color.

At first, I'm getting the dreaded white chocolate note that smells utterly fake on me. Thankfully, it fades (it normally doesn't!), and we're left with spicy phlox and sugar dusted florals. I'm getting a bit of tartness, which I'm guessing is the strawberry, which doesn't smell like fake strawberries, or strawberry candy. I like this, though I do get a faint hint of the white chocolate now and then. This would be a great spring blend, and I'll probably drag it out then.

I passed this up because of all the flowers, but after reading all the White Chocolate and Strawberry comparisons, I managed to get ahold of a bottle. Unfortunately, my first instinct was correct--it's flowers, flowers, flowers, dipped in a thin coating of chocolate. Not what I was looking for.

Candy-like strawberry, supported by fruity and spicy florals and an undertone of foody sweetness. Very girlish and springy. It has a bit of the fruit salad quality I get from Shoggoth, but with a pronounced strawberry edge, and cuter because of the candy elements.

In the bottle - A medley of greenish florals and a touch of smoke

Wet on me - Quite a high pitched slightly soapy miscellany of green florals

Dry on me - Layer upon layer of messy high pitched florals

Overall - I might give it a while to settle down, but as it stands this doesn't work for me at all

i may be really stating the obvious here but this smells PINK. this is like a perfect valentine's scent- flowers, chocolates and strawberries. unfortunately, white chocolate doesn't really agree with me and this does remind me a bit of another bpal i own, white chocolate & strawberry. there is also some flower in here that is doing something funky and not very good to my nose. the strawberry note is really nice, though, but i just can't get over that funkiness. bleh. i think on the right person, this would smell amazing, but foodie chocolate + flowers are just not my thing.

Edited by porcelina

In the bottle: strawberry and florals

On the skin: strawberry fades fast sadly that note was wonderful. And more of the floral notes came out, can't tell them apart but its definitely very floral heavy and the white chocolate is in the background keeping it a little sweet. I do not smell any bourbon vanilla which I wish was stronger. Sadly no honey or pink sugar either.

Drydown: Now it's getting powdery! Uh oh. Still sweet and rather pretty but it's all floral and powder now. Darn. I wish the foodie notes came out stronger but sadly the floral ones did so it's not a total win for me. But I do like it and I'm sure on others it's wonderful. Good throw and staying power.

This is quite pretty, and also quite different from previous Pink Moons! I have a bottle of Pink Moon 2005, which smells like cotton candy flowers (and High-Strung Daisies reminds me of that one a bit), but the white chocolate makes this one much rounder and creamier.

It was very white chocolate in the imp, but on my skin it's much better balanced. Strawberry and sugared florals first, with a round creamy white chocolate vanilla behind. Unlike Pink Moon 2007, which had the spicy edge of carnation, the florals I get here are the more soft and sweet peony and daffodil.

A very pink scent, different from other Pink Moons, and I'm glad I tried it!

Bottle direct from the Lab via eBay. 

In the bottle: On first whiff, white chocolate with a hint of floral. Further sniffing reveals the floral's complexity as well as the bourbon vanilla. 

On my skin:

Wet, floral and sweetness rush to the top of this blend, though it's backed by the white chocolate. As it dries, this is all about the florals, though they are taking a bit of time sorting themselves out. Also, the white chocolate is still detectable, but it's definitely a close skin scent and a bit of a background player. 

After Pink Moon has time to warm and develop on my skin, I can pick out phlox, tulip, and carnation, along with a bit of honey and the background of white chocolate, now flitting in and out of detectability. By an hour post-application, the white chocolate is gone on me entirely, leaving a honeyed floral blend. 

It might be too sweet and too floral for me to want to wear on a daily basis, but it is very pretty. 

Wet: White chocolate florals! I honestly can't tell all the floral notes apart, because there's so many in this blend. No strawberries yet, but so far it's a really nice sweet, creamy floral scent.

Dry: Strawberry! This smells just like White Chocolate and Strawberry(released in 2009?ish), with the addition of floral notes. As someone who typically doesn't wear a lot of floral scents, this is fantastic. It's just this amazingly creamy, sweet floral blend with a kick of strawberry.

This is a floral scent for foodie lovers. So good.

I have a bottle of Pink Moon 2019, and these two scents are very similar, with the only note difference being the white chocolate in this one.

And I am not able to pick out this white chocolate, but I do think the strawberries in this may be slightly stronger? Or perhaps that is due to age. It's a strawberry and sugar-tinged melange of pink flowers, and for some reason, smelling this makes me envision soft pink tulip petals and visiting Keukenhof when the tulips are in bloom.

I like this, but it is so similar to the 2019 version that I think if you have one, you do not need the other.

I feel like i smelled this before, but can't put my finger on it, maybe something from my childhood? Anyway, i'm not too familiar with a lot of the notes in there, but one thing that definately pops out is the white chocolate! All in all this is a floral, sweet scent, goopily sweet even, given a light boozy freshness by the bourbon. Not for me at all but i'm sure this is a beloved one.