Down the rushy glen,

We dare n't go a-hunting,

For fear of little men;

Wee folk, good folk,

Trooping all together;

Green jacket, red cap,

And white owl's feather.

- William Allingham

Supping with the Queen of the Fae: apple blossom, white clover, huckleberry wine, dandelion sap, milkweed, primrose, thyme, pink moss, thorny thistles, and opium pod.

Wet, this is a very soft scent floral, with a touch of sweet, fragrant apple blossom. It isn't cloying but is is very close to the skin. I like how the light floral mingles gently with the thyme, thistles, and moss. You know it's there but not one scent overpowers and takes over, everything blends perfectly with each other. After wearing it for an hour or so the resiny musk really starts to blend beautifully with the sweetness of all the other components and turns this into a glorious mixture.

This is a very pretty, light, feminine scent. It actually smells a lot like a more floral version of Glittering Apple to my nose. This will wear very nicely in the spring.

I think it may be a bit too floral for me though and since it is so close to Glittering Apple which I already have I don't think I will be upgrading this one to a bottle.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

I always love the concept behind these types of 'fairy' blends much more than the scents themselves, I'm afraid. This smells exactly as it should: soft and magical. I get only the barest hint of what has to be the wine note; mostly it's a fuzzy meadowy scent that is pretty but not something I like to wear.

The fruit is wonderful in the wet stage, but once it dries down, I can barely smell *anything*. There's a teensy bit of soft florals, but that's about it. I think most of the notes here just hit an olfactory blind spot for me because I can tell there's *something* there, but I simply don't really detect it. Plus it's very soft, delicate, and pretty, which are more or less exactly the sorts of adjectives used for scents that are very much not me (and probably related to the can't-really-smell-this issue). Not a keeper for me, but I can see where this one will very much be in demand once decants are tested.

This is a floral scent that immediately reminds me of The Host of the Air, (the same greenness but no lily). There's a pinkness to this scent and I can recognize the apple blossom from Pomona and Adoration of the Mi-Go. There is a bit of fruitiness to the scent as well- the comparison to Golden Apple of the Sun is accurate.

A dark, scratchy green, a pink floral, moss and some fruit resembling apples. It fades but it doesn't vanish. Not my favorite ever but certainly nice for spring. I'm undecided.

Similar Scents: Adoration of the Mi-Go, The Host of the Air, Golden Apple of the Sun, Leanan Sidhe, Phantom Queen (to the best of my memory), Hermia

Edited by patina

Soft generic florals. I was really hoping for the dandelion to stand out because I love it, but nope, not here. It's very pretty though and I'll probably wear it when I'm trying to feel my girliest.

much more green and fresh then expected but oh boy, do I love this :wub:

it reminds me of Lush's Jungle but much more of Lush's long one Tramp showergel! :P

I think it also makes me dream about the Drromvlucht in de Efteling we have in the Netherlands ;)

a funpark with my favorite attraction EVER. yes, oh yes! fairiesssssssss :heart:

also there is this misty little fog with perfume in the air, always :)

I love this scent, it makes me feel close to earth and myself again, the white clover is gorgeous

also pink moss most of the time really does the tricj for my skin :)

Sniff: Sweet crispy apples surrounded by white flowers

Wet: The apples calm down and florals take over the party. This is bright and pretty, fragrant but not heady. I can't detect specific flowers, but it's definitely white and pink. Borders on delicate, but theres an earthy undercurrent which gives it structure. It's very pretty and a good spring scent.

Dry: Alas, as it dries, a sickly sour note emerges. Like somehow the flowers started fermenting. I think it might be the wine or sap. Whatever it is, it makes me sad. I love the way this one starts, but the drydown doesnt work on me at all! :cry2:

Edited by mistressfizz

Purchased unsniffed, even though the huckleberry wine note concerned me. SO GLAD I did. This is now a favorite.

Wet, I get apple blossom and apple. Yummm.

On, it blends out into a gorgeous light spring-y floral/fruity blend. Perfect for spring wear. It's a very fresh fragance - I'm still catching some apple, but it's a very light apple, and mixed with blossoms and greenery. LOVE this. :wub2:

Right from the vial, it is mostly huckleberry, but that vanishes on the skin and becomes apple blossom + soft florals. I liked it better wet than dry, sadly.

I really love apple blossom, I've come to realize. It smells to me like light, fresh, airy apples, and it's the most prominent note in this blend for me which is definitely making me happy.

The other notes, what I can smell of them, is a sweet fruitiness that I'm assuming is from the huckleberry wine, and a breath of soft herbs and florals. This actually reminds me a bit of Arcana's Avalon scent, but a bit less sweet and with a strong apple blossom rather than apple note.

I really like smelling it but I'm honestly not sure I'd wear it much, as I have a few other blends already that fill a similar scent-niche for me. Pretty, airy, and somehow a little bit magical, I'd definitely be thrilled to use this in a room spray.

Soft, white flowers! Defnitely dandelion (which lends a little milky sharpness) and apple blossom. Like Host of Air, it's got a light airy quality to it but slightly more sugary and fruity (possibly because of the huckleberry wine).

Light, airy, floral.

This is the first one I tried out of the package. Soft barely pink apple, a touch of earthy moss, and spring breezes. Dandelion lends a clean sappy smell. It's very pretty and a little girly, but understated, too bad it fades to next to nothing.

In the bottle: Apple blossom, but dandelion lurks to keep it from being too sweetish.

Wet: Light and pretty, but the opium is just waiting to take over.

The dry-down: The flowers and plants have combined into one lovely light springtime blend, only slighted marred by the opium, which almost has a frankincense feel to it. Of course, the opium note may be there to warn us that the Sidhe are perhaps not as lovely inside as they may appear outside. ;) Lovely, but not sure if I need more than the half-bottle.

This starts out to be a fresh, airy floral with a touch of greenery. Dries quickly to a sugared floral on me, kind of in the likes of High Strung Daisies or Faith/Hope, though the florals are different of course. It morphs again on me and finally end up as a sweet, gardenia-like scent. This is definitely not me, ends up being tropical and heady. Skin chemistry issues at work here, I think.

The Fairies is mostly apple blossom on me, and it's a note that reminds me of shampoo (soapy-clean, fresh, apple and floral with a touch of green). It's soapy on me, but not unpleasant, probably because it's so light and subtle.

Light, clean, floral and apple sort of scent. Pretty, spring-like, and breezy.

In the bottle, this is amazing. I kind of want to drink it because it's so sweet and appley. On my skin, it goes kind of high and soapy--it's so disappointing. However, I think it has great promise as a locket scent.

Bottle: Faint floral-ish smell. I really can't smell much at all.

Wet: A blast of powdery florals. Not strong unless my nose is against my skin.

Drying: I smell greens mixed in with the apple blossom (which is where I think the apple part is coming from). There's also a very small hint of wine coming up.

Dry: I really do love the fruity wines the lab does. It's there, but running beneath the florals.I wouldn't be able to pick out any aside from the apple blossom, it really is more pink than green for me. It's like a bouquet that someone accidentally spilled some wine onto.

Verdict: I really regret having bought so many BPALs and not trying them when I got them. (Silly life). This would be a perfect spring scent and we're in the middle of summer! Oh well - I'll wear it for especially nice days!

weird. i get the same shampoo-y-ness from this as i did the gaoler's daughter, but they dont seem to share notes. it's a bit appley, and a bit floral, but mostly it smells like i poured some commercial shampoo on. the chemical bite dies down a bit after an hour or so but it just seems to cut right to my sinuses while it's there- i'm gonna let this one age and hopefully get awesome.

What I'm getting from the imp is a sharp, branch-y and berryish kinda blend. While most of it's the same on my skin, on drydown it gets slightly more aquatic and I'm pretty sure the blossom and some other floral notes amp up a bit to help it get a little more awesome.

Very true to the concept!! Reminds me a bit of the mainstream perfume "Eden" for as far as I remember it.

The Fairies

In the Bottle: Apple scented shampoo?

Wet: I get the impression this is quite a soft, and gentle take on fae creatures- the florally apple is most prominent and doesn’t quite smell like how I imagine apple blossom to smell- but nevertheless! it’s a perfumey rosey-white apple floral along with some light moss and soft herbs. It’s not a glittery scent - it has a gauzy, almost fuzzy like quality to it. It’s a pale green pinky milky white scent, gentle…uncomplicated.

Drydown: Not much of a morpher, haha. This remains a very petal-soft forever spring blend, it’s clean but unspectacular. Its perfumey quality in the floral musk makes me reluctant to label it as fresh or airy, it’s the same kind of sheer milkiness in other floral blends that tend to mute sharp notes so that they aren’t too overwhelming. It's pretty and delicate but not ethereal enough to transport me anywhere.

TL;DR: rosey apple floral shampoo

Edited by celestia

Wet, the Fairies is an appley spring green floral. Apple, clover, dandelion -- it reminds me a bit of an apple blossomy version of The Passionate Shepherd to His Love. I don't get a traditional wine note from this at all. As it dries down on me, the apple note recedes, and it becomes a lovely mossy springtime meadow scent, true to its inspiration though not perhaps as dark...