Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
whitsunweddings

Carrot Cake?

So, I have this friend who is obsessed with carrot cake, and I want to wow her (and possibly do some enabling in the process) by finding a BPAL that smells like it. What scents remind you of this delicious creation, lovelies?

Thanks in advance :wub2:

The recent pumpkin masala rooibos reminded me a bit of baked goods such as carrot cake.

Its been a while, but during the sleepy hollow release there was one based on a horse that was like carrots and grains and sweet things. You might want to take a look around for that (was like 2008 weenie I think?)

Ah ha! Gunpowder. Carrot peelings, hay, chaff, molasses, maple oats, red apples, stable wood, and musk.

And it was 2008.

In the review thread, a lot of people reported it to be like carrot cake on their skin. I traded it off pretty quickly because my skin really liked amping the oat and hay notes... but it seemed to be more foodie on some people, and I can imagine got richer with age.

Edited by tativa

For some reason, Seraglio (sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel) made me think of carrot cake the moment I smelled it.

Seraglio is a good choice! I actually wouldn't have thought of it, but now that you mention it -- yeah, it does kind of remind me of carrot cake.

On another topic: whitsunweddings, are you a Philip Larkin fan?

It's not easy to find as it was a past forum-only and incredibly popular, but Cake Smash would be a good choice. It's supposed to be red velvet cupcakes, but given it's a cake + cream cheese frosting combo, it could easily pass for carrot cake. It's actually uncanny how perfectly this scent replicates cream cheese frosting.

Although I hate to recommend long-gone LEs, I think the most carrot-cakey blend is Sleipnir: Confections spun of hazelnuts, honey, elderberries, and bilberries with a dusting of hay and a bit of carrot.

It's from Yule a couple years ago, and I don't think was very popular, but it smelled to me like moist a carrot muffin. If you're looking for cream cheesy icing, though, something like Cake Smash might be a better fit. That one's probably even harder to find though!

Sign in to follow this